Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cloud vs Pascal
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Looks like this fight is signed...I guess they're just waiting for a date (June or July), possibly on Showtime. If this does take place in June or July, then Pascal will be going into the fight after a 1 year layoff, and Cloud coming into the fight after a beatdown at the hands of Campillo (though Campillo was robbed).

Who do you guys have in this one? Is it hype-worthy?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Apr 5 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #2

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2012, 10:40 AM) *
Looks like this fight is signed...I guess they're just waiting for a date (June or July), possibly on Showtime. If this does take place in June or July, then Pascal will be going into the fight after a 1 year layoff, and Cloud coming into the fight after a beatdown at the hands of Campillo (though Campillo was robbed).

Who do you guys have in this one? Is it hype-worthy?

I think it'll be a good fight. I haven't seen both fighters fight alot, but from what I've seen, it think it'll be good. Is it free, because I definitely won't be paying for it.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 5 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I have Pascal winning by KO. He fades in fight terribly. (I think it's because he's too muscular). But I think he will be well ahead by the time that happens. I think it will be an action packed fight. Both fighters are very fundamentally flawed but I think Pascal's awkward style will give Cloud hell. I've seen Cloud maybe 4 or 5 times and one thing has been prevalent. If you can take a punch and can box, you have a chance.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Pascal has a funky ass technique, which involves him moving his head a lot...so there's problem #1 for Cloud (which we saw in the Yusaf Mack fight). Pascal aint no punk or pushover either....problem #2 for Cloud. Pascal is busy as hell and bullies you until he gets tired...problem #3 for Cloud. Pascal has the better competition on his record...a huge problem for Cloud

Pascal gasses out faster than a Fiat...advantage #1 for Cloud. Pascal has 60/40 chin (60 being good), but his bad balance (at times) usually supports those alleged knockouts against (not in Cananda though)...advantage #2 for Cloud.

I have to give this one Jean...I mean the fact that gasses out easily, isn't a huge advantage for him, but while he's still fresh, his busy work pays dividends. Cloud is still a damn prospect in my eyes...he's only fought Glen Johnson, which he struggled at times during the bout. Pascal on the other hand (win or lose), has fought the likes of Hopkins (twice), Dawson, and Carl Froch.

Again, Pascal has the better situation in this one...win or lose, he's fought those guys. So, "to have to struggled with top competition, better than not fighting top competition at all?"

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

not interested. cloud has unfinished business with campillo.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 5 2012, 03:09 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Agreed that Cloud should give Campillo a rematch, but I think that this is hypeworthy.
Both boxers have something to prove, especially Cloud.
Stylistically, I don't know if Cloud is as limited as Campillo made him look, maybe he can identify what Campillo exploited and work on it. I also agree that Pascal has an unusual technique, not just the head moving, but overall, for lack of a better word, he looks a bit sloppy, but obviously isn't because he's done pretty well for himself in the ring.

Who wins? Taking the easy way out...dunno.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 6 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

It's definitely hype worthy and I think it has the potential to be an explosive fight if both boxers bring their A-games. With that said, I'm going to pick Pascal to win. I give the physical advantage to Pascal, and that is usually the biggest advantage that Cloud has in his fights. Pascal's been in with better competition and we've seen what he can do in the ring. With Cloud, he's a bit of a question mark. He clearly got beat against Campillo and against Glen Johnson he was an easy target and got rocked in a few spots here and there. Also he didn't look good against Mack. Pascal will start good and I think he'll be able to tag Cloud whenever he chooses. Cloud will be in for a long night if he doesn't add a new dimension to his fighting style

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 6 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Both them are somewhat slow as shit, but Pascal is the busiest of the two. Busy fighters are somewhat of a nightmare for cloud, whether they have power or not. That Campillo fight was an ugly reality, and the fact that it went the distance, just gave every other potential opponent, something to work with. The Kirkland/Molina fight went the same way, and with passing round, came a demising game plan to beat James.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 6 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I wish somehow this fight could be on the same card with a Chisora/Haye fight. I think it would be the 1st time ever here the fight is free and the press conference is PPV lol I know Cloud has to redeem himself and all but I'd like to see him and Pascal fight. It would be fireworks.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 6 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i'm sorry....i just can't get past the robbery. would anyone even be discussing this bout if campillo had been awarded his victory?

i'll put it in its' proper perspective....it's a rebuilding fight for both pascal and cloud because they're both coming off of bad losses. with that being said....it's an interesting match up because both are severely flawed. they both can punch...and both lack defense. it'll be a shoot out for as long as it lasts.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 04:08 AM