> Cloud vs Pascal
Cshel86
post Apr 6 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 6 2012, 04:14 PM) *
I wish somehow this fight could be on the same card with a Chisora/Haye fight.

Yep, and it would be the Instability Card.
1. Chisora - mentally unstable
2. Haye - offensively unstable
3. Cloud - verbally (horrible speech) and defensively unstable
4. Pascal - conditionally unstable (physically) and varbally unstable (bad English)

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 6 2012, 07:57 PM) *
i'm sorry....i just can't get past the robbery. would anyone even be discussing this bout if campillo had been awarded his victory?

i'll put it in its' proper perspective....it's a rebuilding fight for both pascal and cloud because they're both coming off of bad losses. with that being said....it's an interesting match up because both are severely flawed. they both can punch...and both lack defense. it'll be a shoot out for as long as it lasts.

If Campillo had won, then the biggest question would be...(image wise) Just what in the hell would they do to make Campillo a known champion and socially tolerable?

I cant get past the robbery either, but again, what would they do with Campillo at this stage of his career? The same could've been said about Marquez, had they rightfully awarded him the decision over Manny. Marquez doesn't have any huge fights to look forward to, but Manny does...same goes for Cloud.

You're right, its a rebuilding fight for both them, but Cloud has the heavier lifting to do. Pascal lost to a future HOFer...Cloud lost to an unknown, last-minute opponent...somebody that no one will think about in the next couple of months, that's if they haven't forgot about him already.

The same went for Kirkland when he lost to Ishida. He was supposed to beat Ishida, badly, but he didn't. He can go back and knock Ishida out tomorrow, and it will hardly mean anything. Ishida was able to go on and fight some other unknown person, then got a fight with Paul Williams, and is now about to face Pirog soon.

Im sure we'll enjoy this fight, and hopefully it shocks us and bumps itself up to FOTY, though the year isn't halfway over. In the meantime, Lopez/Salido holds that spot....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:26 AM