Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Martinez-Chavez set for september 15?
mrwigi
post Apr 6 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,421

I just want to see how jr is going to react to a real fighter standing across the ring.if it really does happen, I will buy the pay per view
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 7 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Chavez fighting in June and September is nothing new...in regards to him fighting so often. That's one thing I do like about Chavez and Alvarez...they fight pretty often.

If you remember, Chavez fought last June (2011), and was supposed to fight in September (against Hearns), though it fell through. Instead, he fought in late November, then fought again on Feb 4th. So no, these dates aren't close at all.

True and also when the competition historically hasn't been the best then it isn't such a crazy idea. Still though, got to give him respect for being active.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 7 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrwigi @ Apr 6 2012, 09:36 PM) *
I just want to see how jr is going to react to a real fighter standing across the ring.if it really does happen, I will buy the pay per view

+1

Im wondering how Lee will fair against Chavez and the weight advantage, or taking a punch from Chavez. Lee has small legs, and it's apparent that guys with small legs dont usually do well after being hit with big punches. As for a Martinez/Chavez fight...Sergio has his hands full.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 7 2012, 12:46 PM) *
True and also when the competition historically hasn't been the best then it isn't such a crazy idea. Still though, got to give him respect for being active.

I agree. Consecutive big fight after another, with no rest, does a fighter no favors. Example...Morales had that nasty trilogy with Barrera, then 3-4 months later, fought Pacquiao.

After that fight, he went on to fight (and lose to Raheem) and looked shitty. Guess what...no break for Erik...he went right back into a Pac rematch, then a rubber match...not good for the body.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:43 AM