Allmenjoi8
post Apr 6 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 6 2012, 03:11 PM) *
That was a great documentary!

How dare anyone say Rocky is bad? All the Rocky's were good except for 5 with roided up Tommy Morrison. Even the Tarver one was decent (although Tarver's Mason Dixon character had the corniest name ever lmao) Four was my favorite but 1 and 2 were the most epic.Sometimes I say Cshel is a bit harsh but in this instance, among others, telling you to go kill yourself is more than appropriate.

Million Dollar Baby- was a really good movie.
Hurricane- was amazing
Resurrecting the Champ- Sam Jackson acted his ass off in that one
Undisputed- decent. Not bad
Raging Bull- classic
When we were Kings- arguably the best Ali documentary there is
Cinderella Man- Russell Crowe...nuff said!

Interesting enough Rocky is not on your list... Rocky sucked. And Sly is a jerk for not giving royalties to the guy he stole the life story from. Again, explain to me how a new fighter who has never fought before beat a career and championship boxer. It is unreal and the fight scenes would never happen in actuality. The =y made Micky Ward and Gattie's fight look like Mayweather De la Hoya.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 6 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #23

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I'll go on record and say, I tolerated the "Rocky" movies, but Rocky 3, I hated the most. Considering I grew up in the 80s, I hated how they made Mr. T., this uber-ignorant character, to the opinion of which, white America seemingly held of blacks. It wasn't enough that he trashed talked, but they made Clubber Lang such a vile, disgusting character ( as evidence by the line, "hey woman...come over to my place tonight and I'll show you a real man"), you can see evidence of America's social (read: race relation) politics. I hated this movie and subsequently, why I despise Stallone to this very day. Wanna know how much I can't stand Stallone? I supported "The Contender" until I found out he was associated w/ it. Plus, the ass-whippins Clubber was handing out was amaaaaaazing...no way a "brawler" like Rocky was gonna take those ass-whippins from a bigger, better, stronger and faster "brawler". Classic: good (white guy) vs. evil (black dude).

Favorites:

When We Were Kings
Raging Bull
Great White Hype (though I don't get how Allmenjoi is fawning over Samuel L's character. The movie is entertaining, but to go on about it as if the characters had some sort of depth is, well, someone trying too hard)
Million Dollar Baby
Streets of Gold
The Great White Hope
Tough Enough
Let's Do it Again (claaaaaaasic Poitier & Cosby comedy <--- most underrated comedic duo)
Against the Ropes
Ressurecting the Champ

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Apr 6 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #24

Lightweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 6 2012, 07:10 PM) *
I'll go on record and say, I tolerated the "Rocky" movies, but Rocky 3, I hated the most. Considering I grew up in the 80s, I hated how they made Mr. T., this uber-ignorant character, to the opinion of which, white America seemingly held of blacks. It wasn't enough that he trashed talked, but they made Clubber Lang such a vile, disgusting character ( as evidence by the line, "hey woman...come over to my place tonight and I'll show you a real man"), you can see evidence of America's social (read: race relation) politics. I hated this movie and subsequently, why I despise Stallone to this very day. Wanna know how much I can't stand Stallone? I supported "The Contender" until I found out he was associated w/ it. Plus, the ass-whippins Clubber was handing out was amaaaaaazing...no way a "brawler" like Rocky was gonna take those ass-whippins from a bigger, better, stronger and faster "brawler". Classic: good (white guy) vs. evil (black dude).

Favorites:

When We Were Kings
Raging Bull
Great White Hype (though I don't get how Allmenjoi is fawning over Samuel L's character. The movie is entertaining, but to go on about it as if the characters had some sort of depth is, well, someone trying too hard)

Million Dollar Baby
Streets of Gold
The Great White Hope
Tough Enough
Let's Do it Again (claaaaaaasic Poitier & Cosby comedy <--- most underrated comedic duo)
Against the Ropes
Ressurecting the Champ

Because he was funny and I think it was one of his first comedies. All his movies prior portrayed him as a bad guy crackhead with the exception of Pulp fiction, he was still a bad ass so this movie was a little lighter for him. Again my opinion.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 6 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Apr 6 2012, 07:50 PM) *
I think suicide is for suckers.

You should consider it, seriously...

No descent ref would let any boxer take that type of punishment.

Lawrence Cole let Margarito take it, but hey, that may be beyond your scope. Have you even seen the Gatti/Ward trilogy? Of course the beatings weren't as bad as the Rock movies, but close enough.

How does a guy who has no background in boxing beat a career boxer?

Chavez Jr, possibly?

I had no idea in order to be a boxing fan one had to like Rocky. Did not know. I guess I am not a basketball fan because I do not think Jordan was the greatest player.

I never said that you had to LIKE Rocky, but to get on a boxing forum and say that the movies were trash is extreme. Wonder why it's extreme? It's because you (of all people), have NO CLUE of the sport, and you do a horrible job pretending. Everything that you say is opinionated, in all hopes that someone agrees with you.

Almost everything that you post here is garbage, and the Law of Averages hardly ever plays in your favor. You dont even have to know the sport of basketball to know that Jordan was the best player, but you would dare to say that he wasn't.

People have opinions and they all vary.

Some people should keep them to themselves...as you've proven.

Just because I do not agree with you does not mean your point is valid.

I never said that my point was valid. Maybe it was driven by the fact that you dont know shit about boxing, but you dare get on here and say which boxing movies you do/dont like...as if it will give you some type of credentials. We all know that you've killed that chance long ago...

I know you go for the popular and do not look at the intangibles.

You clearly have me confused with yourself sweetie...The "popular" on most message boards and boxing talks, are the likes of FMJ, Pacquiao, Sergio Martinez, and a few others. The "intangibles" around here, are far from that pint-sized brain of yours. What a minute, let me define intangibles, just to help you out.

Intangibles - 1. not tangible; incapable of being perceived by the sense of touch, as incorporeal or immaterial things; impalpable. 2. not definite or clear to the mind

The "intangibles" around here are threads/subjects that you shy away from, i.e. anything other than Mayweather/Pacquiao related topics, or any chance that you get to regurgitate something about Sergio Martinez, or ride the "chavez Jr. sucks" movement.

Oh wait...I already know you answer to this. "Sorry, for having a life and not giving my every minute to boxing". Quite a stupid answer, but how dumb would I be to expect anything different from you.

I can see why you would think Red Lobster is an actual seafood restaurant.

???

You not only lack height but class/ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

I will say this again, for the millionth time...unless you're willing to post one of those grotesque, vomit-inducing, pictures of yourself, then you may want to stop saying that Im short. For some reason, you're trivially fixated on me being short (which isn't the truth), but's hey let's be honest, you're trivially fixated on everything that comes to mind.

I would sit here and waste my time pondering on what's going through your head, but ANY grown up would dare enter that danger zone that you call a frame of mind.

I will leave you alone on this subject for now, as it appears that your mindless guess at the worst movie has been unanimously agreed upon. Difference is, they actually had a valid point, or just a point for that matter, and you didn't.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Apr 6 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #26

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2012, 07:56 PM) *
You should consider it, seriously...

Lawrence Cole let Margarito take it, but hey, that may be beyond your scope. Have you even seen the Gatti/Ward trilogy? Of course the beatings weren't as bad as the Rock movies, but close enough.

Chavez Jr, possibly?

I never said that you had to LIKE Rocky, but to get on a boxing forum and say that the movies were trash is extreme. Wonder why it's extreme? It's because you (of all people), have NO CLUE of the sport, and you do a horrible job pretending. Everything that you say is opinionated, in all hopes that someone agrees with you.

Almost everything that you post here is garbage, and the Law of Averages hardly ever plays in your favor. You dont even have to know the sport of basketball to know that Jordan was the best player, but you would dare to say that he wasn't.

Some people should keep them to themselves...as you've proven.

I never said that my point was valid. Maybe it was driven by the fact that you dont know shit about boxing, but you dare get on here and say which boxing movies you do/dont like...as if it will give you some type of credentials. We all know that you've killed that chance long ago...

You clearly have me confused with yourself sweetie...The "popular" on most message boards and boxing talks, are the likes of FMJ, Pacquiao, Sergio Martinez, and a few others. The "intangibles" around here, are far from that pint-sized brain of yours. What a minute, let me define intangibles, just to help you out.

Intangibles - 1. not tangible; incapable of being perceived by the sense of touch, as incorporeal or immaterial things; impalpable. 2. not definite or clear to the mind

The "intangibles" around here are threads/subjects that you shy away from, i.e. anything other than Mayweather/Pacquiao related topics, or any chance that you get to regurgitate something about Sergio Martinez, or ride the "chavez Jr. sucks" movement.

Oh wait...I already know you answer to this. "Sorry, for having a life and not giving my every minute to boxing". Quite a stupid answer, but how dumb would I be to expect anything different from you.

???

I will say this again, for the millionth time...unless you're willing to post one of those grotesque, vomit-inducing, pictures of yourself, then you may want to stop saying that Im short. For some reason, you're trivially fixated on me being short (which isn't the truth), but's hey let's be honest, you're trivially fixated on everything that comes to mind.

I would sit here and waste my time pondering on what's going through your head, but ANY grown up would dare enter that danger zone that you call a frame of mind.

I will leave you alone on this subject for now, as it appears that your mindless guess at the worst movie has been unanimously agreed upon. Difference is, they actually had a valid point, or just a point for that matter, and you didn't.

Chavez Jr. stinks and has not faced anyone worth mentioning when Chavez faces a world champ like a Ward or someone of that caliber than we will see the BS that is Chavez Jr. Ward/Gatti and Margs and the other cat that is 4 fights. So that means not a lot of refs would let something like that slide or take that type of punishment. The majority is not in your favor. So 5'6 you are really not saying much. You are silly little man.

Again Rocky sucked. I will stand by that. That movie was awful.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 6 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Apr 6 2012, 09:28 PM) *
Chavez Jr. stinks and has not faced anyone worth mentioning when Chavez faces a world champ like a Ward or someone of that caliber than we will see the BS that is Chavez Jr. Ward/Gatti and Margs and the other cat that is 4 fights. So that means not a lot of refs would let something like that slide or take that type of punishment. The majority is not in your favor. So 5'6 you are really not saying much. You are silly little man.

Again Rocky sucked. I will stand by that. That movie was awful.

That "other cat" that you speak of, is Lawrence Cole, and he's a fuckin' referee...dumbass. Chavez didn't have an amateur career at all, he just went pro. So, it doesn't matter if the guys he fought were elite fighters, point is, he fought guys who knew what they were doing. It's disgusting to be this stupid, but you seem to be okay with the carrying that title.

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post Apr 6 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #28

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

I LIKED THE ROCKY WITH ANTONIO TARVER...there I said it, don't care what anyone says, it was cheesy greatness. The only rocky that sucks is the one with tommy morrison where its an mma streetfight in an alley lol. You guys have all mentioned the great boxing films. I think the tyson documentary is classic.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 7 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #29

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

Fuck the best boxin' movies, let's talk the best boxin' forum battles.

Best Forum Battle: Cshel86-Allmenjoi8 (Their battles shits on Gatti-Ward. There, I said it!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 7 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 7 2012, 01:39 AM) *
Best Forum Battle: Cshel86-Allmenjoi8 (Their battles shits on Gatti-Ward. There, I said it!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Im questioning why you would even call this a battle...it's similar to Mayweather/Gatti and Pacquiao/Margarito...one-sided as hell. She's too damn slow (mentally), everything she puts out there is too slow (stupid) and gets countered, and she's tailor-made to take punishment.

This butt-faced giraffe knows nothing, and it becomes more and more evident when her posts are broken down for her to witness it first hand. Sadly, she chooses to spew idiocy and stick to her point.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 12:50 AM