IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Ever Happened to the HBO Countdown Segments for B.A.D.?
Cshel86
post Apr 7 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Seriously...HBO has dropped the ball with these segments. I remember them being 30 mins, but all we're left with are these damn Ring Life segments, which you'll miss if you sneeze or run to the restroom.

Anytime I happen to know about a Ring Life segment, I usually stumble across it On Demand, or someone uploads a youtube video of it. With that said, those Countdown segments made all the difference when it came to casual viewers having a head's up about the fight.

Does anybody believe that HBO is dropping the ball in regards to getting these upcoming fighters exposure before the first bell rings? Does it cost HBO too much to air these segments? Anybody know what's up?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Apr 7 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #2

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,355

HBO drops the ball quite often. They have a gazillion movies on demand and all of their series but there is barely ever any good boxing matches on demand. The countdown segments are a great way for casual fans to get excited about the fights. There have been some good events this year but unless you know a die hard boxing fan or your on a forum, there's no one talking about it. Advertising is also in the toilet for HBO.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 8 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Thickback @ Apr 7 2012, 05:38 PM) *
HBO drops the ball quite often. They have a gazillion movies on demand and all of their series but there is barely ever any good boxing matches on demand. The countdown segments are a great way for casual fans to get excited about the fights. There have been some good events this year but unless you know a die hard boxing fan or your on a forum, there's no one talking about it. Advertising is also in the toilet for HBO.

Yeah I agree...they are pretty hit-and-miss with selling boxing to the casual fans. I guess the segments need to be shown more often, and for longer than 15 minutes. Boxing takes the back seat to all other HBO programs and series (which are great programs by the way).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:00 AM