IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What About Saul Alvarez vs Margarito, Mayorga, or Clottey at 154?
Cshel86
post Apr 9 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This is a match that crossed my mind recently. As of now, Canelo is still being brought up slowly, which is a good idea for his career. Im was thinking of this fight because months ago, Mosley mentioned a possible rematch with Cotto and/or Margarito in the future.

So, if Canelo gets past Mosley, does anybody see him in a fight with Margarito? How beneficial would it be? How does he fair? Im sure Margs wont mind getting another paycheck at this point of his career...

Thoughts?

EDIT: I just added Mayorga and Clottey to the title. Thanks in advance Slump, great idea with the additional opponents listed in your post. You're the man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 9 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I would just love to see Alvarez beat Magarito to a pulp. I'd also like to see Ortiz fight Magarito.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 9 2012, 10:28 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

easy win for Alvarez mainly because Margs eye is a cause for concern, I mean it was obvious in the Cotto rematch that it wasn't up to strength and I doubt it ever will be.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Apr 9 2012, 10:35 AM
Post #4

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

I'd rather see Mayorga get a shot at Canelo actually. I rewatched his fight with Cotto last night. That dude just makes for an entertaining fight, plus I think it'd be interesting to see how Alvarez dealt with Mayorga's antics pre and during the fight. Also, although he does fade in the championship rounds, Mayorga is still a very dangerous fighter, some of the body shots he got in on Cotto were impressive. I dunno man, guess I'd just rather see the crazy nicaraguan and Don King get paid over Plasterito and Slob Arum again...

This post has been edited by Slumpage: Apr 9 2012, 10:41 AM

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Apr 9 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #5

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Assuming Mayorga's still fighting that is, is he?
What's Clottey doing at the moment? Dude must've spent up that Manny cheque by now... Or is he still trapped on Arum island with Gamboa?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 9 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

not interested in seeing margarito make another pay day. stick a fork in him...he's done.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 9 2012, 03:23 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Alvarez vs. Margarito would obviously be a huge PPV, especially in Mexico, but I'm not interested. I like the suggestion of Alvarez vs. Clottey the most. That would be a solid test for Canelo. Clottey vs. Cotto was a great moment for Joshua (even though Cotto was at the shit weight of 147) until he remembered the Bobfather's commandments and the rest is history..
Mayorga could be interesting too, but I think that would be much less of a challenge than Joshua "the Grand Master of doing the Bobfather's bidding" Clottey.

Re. Clottey, he fought a few months ago against a complete bum and got a 2nd round TKO.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 9 2012, 03:25 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 9 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Apr 9 2012, 11:35 AM) *
I'd rather see Mayorga get a shot at Canelo actually. I rewatched his fight with Cotto last night. That dude just makes for an entertaining fight, plus I think it'd be interesting to see how Alvarez dealt with Mayorga's antics pre and during the fight. Also, although he does fade in the championship rounds, Mayorga is still a very dangerous fighter, some of the body shots he got in on Cotto were impressive. I dunno man, guess I'd just rather see the crazy nicaraguan and Don King get paid over Plasterito and Slob Arum again...

I actually said this to a friend years ago. It would probably be the most interesting press conference ever. It should be billed Battle of the Bad Asses lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 9 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Professor made a point about not wanting to see Margarito get another payday, but people forget him getting paid, when the idea of him getting his ass kicked again crosses their mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

With that theory in play, it's a win-win or Margarito. He doesn't care about getting his ass kicked, as long as he's in a grueling fight. On top of that, he still gets paid to take that punishment.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 10 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Man, I'm not interested in seeing Clottey fight ANYONE. Why? Dude won't throw punches during shadowboxing.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:37 PM