IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What About Saul Alvarez vs Margarito, Mayorga, or Clottey at 154?
bnoles4life
post Apr 12 2012, 04:54 AM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Apr 11 2012, 08:36 AM) *
He threw punches at Cotto and Margarito...

Can't just write the dude off for "doing the Bobfather's bidding" that one time... He thought it was gonna lead to better things, unfortunately it just led to him appearing on the untelevised portion of an undercard...

Still, Canelo vs either Joshua or Mayorga is fine by me. Margarito should go rematch Shane or something, lol!

Sure I can. He threw them at Margs & Cotto, but didn't when he really needed to nor counted, now did he? Okay, he hurt his hands or shoulder against Margs and his being "injured" against Cotto due to (as Shely calls it) the "Bam Bam Bigelow" slam. I mean, it's always something, right? That's the story of Clottey's boxing career. His most meaningful wins have come against a bloated, (let's be honest) "shop worn" Diego Corrales and Zab Judah. Who has he beaten? Every compliment given to Clottey is of "potential" or "almost" status. Now, let me be clear, this isn't to say he is garbage; on the contrary, far from it. This me saying, I don't care to see him in any meaningful fight, should he really come to fight, he COULD possibly win. I say that b/c history has shown us, he won't and we'll be able to point to something ELSE that we hopefuls can say, "the reason he lost that fight was......" He reminds me of the welter/jr. middleweight version of Allan Green. Long on potential and opportunities, short on results.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:25 AM