IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What About Saul Alvarez vs Margarito, Mayorga, or Clottey at 154?
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 10 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Man, I'm not interested in seeing Clottey fight ANYONE. Why? Dude won't throw punches during shadowboxing.

It's hard to throw punches against a guy who "mysteriously" cant stop himself from throwing over 1k power punches over a course of 12 rounds without getting tired.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 10 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2012, 09:25 PM) *
It's hard to throw punches against a guy who "mysteriously" cant stop himself from throwing over 1k power punches over a course of 12 rounds without getting tired.

That's right...Cotto did throw over a 1K punches when Clottey "mysteriously" tanked the last 2 rounds, as well. My fault.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 10 2012, 10:31 PM) *
That's right...Cotto did throw over a 1K punches when Clottey "mysteriously" tanked the last 2 rounds, as well. My fault.

I was speaking of another character who suddenly doesn't speak English when asked about testing....

As far as Cotto vs Clottey...a body slam in NY in the moth of June, will always be overlooked! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 10 2012, 09:49 PM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2012, 09:39 PM) *
I was speaking of another character who suddenly doesn't speak English when asked about testing....

As far as Cotto vs Clottey...a body slam in NY in the moth of June, will always be overlooked! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LOL!!!!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That Bam Bam Bigelow slam by Cotto was TOTALLY overlooked by the ref. He needed a booster, and that happened to be his golden ticket.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Apr 11 2012, 08:36 AM
Post #16

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 10 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Man, I'm not interested in seeing Clottey fight ANYONE. Why? Dude won't throw punches during shadowboxing.

He threw punches at Cotto and Margarito...

Can't just write the dude off for "doing the Bobfather's bidding" that one time... He thought it was gonna lead to better things, unfortunately it just led to him appearing on the untelevised portion of an undercard...

Still, Canelo vs either Joshua or Mayorga is fine by me. Margarito should go rematch Shane or something, lol!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 11 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Apr 11 2012, 09:36 AM) *
He threw punches at Cotto and Margarito...

Can't just write the dude off for "doing the Bobfather's bidding" that one time... He thought it was gonna lead to better things, unfortunately it just led to him appearing on the untelevised portion of an undercard...

Still, Canelo vs either Joshua or Mayorga is fine by me. Margarito should go rematch Shane or something, lol!

There was also an interview in which he said that Arum was trying to coerce him. Not to necessarily throw the fight but not make Manny look bad at all. It was on Youtube. I'll see if I can find it.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Apr 11 2012, 09:22 AM

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Apr 11 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #18

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Yeah I saw that interview, was on Ghanian tv I think. Soon as I saw that, it just confirmed my suspicions. Bobfather must've seen it too; ever since, Joshua been on milk carton status...
I really do feel like Clottey was just ordered to not win that fight. Dude threw like 2 and a half punches and messed up Manny's face. So it's like he decided, "well if I'm losing, I ain't getting sparked". People go on about how he never threw punches, but whenever he did it seemed to stun Manny (remember those right uppercuts on the inside?) and also marked him up. Now if ur under orders to lose, an everytime u land a punch its doing damage, you might just drastically lower your output too. Just another way of looking at it, as opposed to the standard, "Clottey felt the power and shelled up" viewpoint...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 11 2012, 01:04 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Man I don't wanna see him against any of these guys with the exception of mayorga. He just makes shit happen he looked good against cotto after a layoff and he WILL get under Canelos skin.

Put him in there with some fresh faces. Some danger, kirkland, molina, dare I say ortiz? But honestly I think ortiz would make it nasty on Canelo. Possibly ko him

Anyway if cotto loses to mayweather I could see him fighting Canelo after too

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Apr 11 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #20

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

He'd beat the shit outta Marg and I'd love every minute of it. Mayorga would get TKO'd again after landing some shots of his own. Clottey vs Alverez is a toss up. He wont be able to bully Clottey and if Joshua was aggressive, Canelo would have serious problems but would keep his belt via gift decision. Also, fight will never happen any way....TR vs GB....shit is depressing at times....

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 09:26 AM