Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2012, 08:18 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12134.html

This was a great article on the front page (by David Kassel), and he threw a couple of "headscratchers" in there, and they dont seem to be a bad idea. I just created a poll for it, so you can vote for the fight that you would favor the most. Feel free to choose any other fights and dissect them, as far as the possibility of them happening and how they'll go.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 10 2012, 08:38 AM
Post #2

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

I voted for Floyd/Sergio, but in my mind I had a triple tie with that and Rios/JMM and Ward/Bute.

+Quote Post
karmine20
post Apr 10 2012, 09:07 AM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 13,403

I kinda want to see that Alvarez and Lara fight. With, Lara having one of the worst Controversial losses in history against Paul Williams. We all know Paul lost that fight. Lara speed and amateur back ground should pay dividends and help him in his first big WIN against Freckles.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2012, 09:44 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Anybody found the Pacquiao/Judah matchup interesting???

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 10 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Just picking one was tough, but I went with Ward/Bute. It was either that or Mayweather/Martinez. I picked Ward/Bute because they are at the earlier part of their careers and Mayweather and Martinez are at the at the tail end of theirs.

They're all good match ups that I'd enjoy watching and I'd pick Zab over Pacquaio. Lara/Alvarez would be good too, definitely a nice list.

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Apr 10 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2012, 08:44 AM) *
Anybody found the Pacquiao/Judah matchup interesting???

I did especially if it were at 140 or around a 144 catch weight. I have always thought zab has faster hands than pac I would like to see how manny deals with that. To this day I believe manny has not fought someone with more speed than him which could cause problems and make it a more interesting fight than people may think.

This post has been edited by EpTXCHAMP: Apr 10 2012, 11:26 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Apr 10 2012, 12:22 PM) *
I did especially if it were at 140 or around a 144 catch weight. I have always thought zab has faster hands than pac I would like to see how manny deals with that. To this day I believe manny has not fought someone with more speed than him which could cause problems and make it a more interesting fight than people may think.

I agree that it would still be a competitive fight. Problem is, I not a big fan of how Zab backs out of an exchange (the swaying motion like he did in the Tzu fight), because Manny tends to lunge when he throws the left.

Zab's left could get there quicker, but he has to be first...at all times. He looked great against Paris, as far as turning him and being first. If he brings that into a Pacquiao fight, then Manny would have to make some unwanted adjustments to deal with it.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Apr 10 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

I picked Khan vs. Bradley with Judah and Pacquiao coming in a close second and leading out would be Floyd Martinez.

Bradley and Khan have been going back and forth and if they both lose their match then the interest will still be there. Judah showed that he still has the speed and desire to fight and he showed that he can still perform at a high rate. I think Pacquiao could get up for this fight, this could be the lead up to the "big one." Pacquiao could fight Judah at the end of this year frankly I think Super Judah would have a very high chance in upsetting Manny. Floyd and Martinez just because Floyd will be the smaller man in size and weight. I see this being like Oscar De La Hoya with a few more fire works. I have Floyd in a close decision.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 10 2012, 01:31 PM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

It's hard to choose just 1, but I still voted Mayweather-Martinez. Of the 10 fights listed, the ones I'd anticipate the most, are...

1. Ward-Bute
2. Martinez-Mayweather
3. Pacquiao-Judah (this seems like it'd be an interestin' match-up)
4. Rios-Marquez
5. Pavlik-Dirrell (Dirrell's my dude, but Pavlik has been lookin' impressive lately. He seems more disciplined and I've noticed the improvement in his left hand. On top of that, he has Robert Garcia as his trainer).

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Apr 10 2012, 01:32 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 10 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

pac-judah isn't top of my list, i want marquez vs rios

see even if pac beats judah, we get the classic of mayweathers left overs, judah can't perform at that level which he's proved or some other bullshit that i can't be bothered with.

while marquez rios, i want to see how marquez does, if he still has it or really did he just have pacs number.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:32 AM