> The MONEY team
mitukczuk
post Apr 11 2012, 06:29 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Hey, what's up guys.

Finally, I found a pre/after fight Mayweather vs. Ortiz 24/7 segment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mez4TZCmn9s...;feature=relmfu , for those who haven't seen it yet.

Let me get this out of the way - Miss. Jackson = bomb.

Now to the point..While watching this and especially the always mind-blowing and this time truthful ('As for the man who schooled him') ending, I began to wonder whether there is any other fighter in the game, with such a huge trust in his team as Floyd Mayweather? I mean, he cried at the press conference and although Floyd acts for the public a lot, that shit was emotional. What I loved the most is the 'they can't stop us baby' at the end. What I am trying to say is, there is something great about the Money team apart from all the bling bling. The loyalty and team spirit is just tremendous.

Any thoughts on that ?

On a different note : Floyd getting a haircut in the locker-room before the fight is priceless (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Chillin', no biggie...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 11 2012, 06:34 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 11 2012, 08:19 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 11 2012, 03:29 AM) *
Hey, what's up guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mez4TZCmn9s...;feature=relmfu , for those who haven't seen it yet.

Now to the point..While watching this and especially the always mind-blowing and this time truthful ('As for the man who schooled him') ending, I began to wonder whether there is any other fighter in the game, with such a huge trust in his team as Floyd Mayweather? I mean, he cried at the press conference and although Floyd acts for the public a lot, that shit was emotional. What I loved the most is the 'they can't stop us baby' at the end. What I am trying to say is, there is something great about the Money team apart from all the bling bling. The loyalty and team spirit is just tremendous.

Any thoughts on that ?

On a different note : Floyd getting a haircut in the locker-room before the fight is priceless (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Chillin', no biggie...

You cant help but respect it. Having the talent is not enough if you want to be P4P1. You have to do the work. You dont hear excuses like you do in other camps. All the drama outside the ring doesnt exist come fight night and thats what I admire the most about Floyd. How can you hate someone whos dedicated to their craft. Even after Floyd made it to the top it was like a second wind for him.
You hear Pactards knock Floyd for this and that Gayweather whoopty whoop whoop but the truth is their scared shitless of Floyd. Everybody knows this, especially them. Pactards see everything that Floyd puts into training camp and it terrifies them. Thats what it takes to succeed at the top level in anything.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 11 2012, 08:26 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

The Money Team?! Let's face it, outside of his business team and the small group of people that help him train, the rest of these guys are bums.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 11 2012, 09:24 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think one of the coolest things I'v heard Floyd say is that if you work for him yu have to give 100% all the time. Even if your a driver. He said "I don't slack so you can't slack." I think that's why guys like Manny are getting taken advantage of. No accountability. That's why Arum is mad. Floyd dropped him because he wasn't getting the best fighters. He only wanted to get guys he could make maximum profit off of. But then Floyd leaves and all of a sudden he's ducking all these guys. Well you was his promoter when Magarito and Cotto became household names so that's on you.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Apr 11 2012, 09:26 AM

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 11 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2012, 09:26 AM) *
The Money Team?! Let's face it, outside of his business team and the small group of people that help him train, the rest of these guys are bums.

Bums who are necessary for Floyd to be comfortable. As he himself has said many times...he wants everyone to work on 100% same as him. Even 'bums' in the security. Say what you will, but I call it a well oiled machine...bums or not.

But I got you, I know what you mean.

I simply can't forget Floyd saying 'They can't stop us baby'. That statement pisses confidence all over the place!

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 11 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #6

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Money team has a winning attitude...50 cent is a good addition. used to fight.. relentless business man.. and he has an attitude like Floyd.. surrounding yourself with like minds... successful winner attitudes means alot.. and these dudes are no dumbies.. Rober Greene best selling author who wrote the 50th law with 50 cent, sad 50 cent was one of the most intelligent guys he ever talked to..

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Apr 11 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 11 2012, 06:29 AM) *
Hey, what's up guys.

Any thoughts on that ?

He has a lot of smart people around him. His main guy is a Harvard graduate, 50 has major stocks in Vitamin Water (taste awful) he does not have to make another album or movie he is financially set, his family is employed which means everyone eats. I always say, people follow the attitude of their leader. Floyd has to represent his workers as his workers represent him. He would have been a fine soldier and even better officer. The most important thing he seems to listen to his team but in the end the decisions he makes are his.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 11 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

it does take a team to get a fighter to the highest levels. don't confuse the term "team" for "club." there are many stragglers in the club....very few who contribute to the team.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 11 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 11 2012, 10:24 AM) *
I think one of the coolest things I'v heard Floyd say is that if you work for him yu have to give 100% all the time. Even if your a driver. He said "I don't slack so you can't slack." I think that's why guys like Manny are getting taken advantage of. No accountability. That's why Arum is mad. Floyd dropped him because he wasn't getting the best fighters. He only wanted to get guys he could make maximum profit off of. But then Floyd leaves and all of a sudden he's ducking all these guys. Well you was his promoter when Magarito and Cotto became household names so that's on you.

I've heard him say that before, too. Although I get the message, I've always hated how he said, "so and so works for me," instead of "so and so works with me."

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 11 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 11 2012, 10:42 AM) *
Bums who are necessary for Floyd to be comfortable. As he himself has said many times...he wants everyone to work on 100% same as him. Even 'bums' in the security. Say what you will, but I call it a well oiled machine...bums or not.

But I got you, I know what you mean.

I simply can't forget Floyd saying 'They can't stop us baby'. That statement pisses confidence all over the place!

Bums can be necessary for the comfort of certain individuals. Those individuals who are comfortable with bums and leaches being around them, often have issues with being alone...or the "feeling" of being alone.

Not saying that any of this applies to Floyd, but it can be used in general, as history has showed us very successful people who were surrounded by bums/leaches, and ended up broke and alone.

I wouldn't want bums in my security...guys like that cant afford to be bums. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Statements that Floyd makes, which alludes to having so many people in his entourage and such, that he doesn't even know everyone's name, is not a good look.

Along with that, he has flashy lifestyle, multiple legal issues, a "so-so" fiance' who looks to be planning a strategic exit in the near future (not all that sure about her), 4 children by a crazy woman, an aging body in a not-so-forgiving sport, and let's not forget that he takes care of SEVERAL people. Not to be negative here, but we've all seen some of these characteristics of public figures with money...and only few have wiggled their way through the obstacles.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 11 2012, 12:55 PM) *
it does take a team to get a fighter to the highest levels. don't confuse the term "team" for "club." there are many stragglers in the club....very few who contribute to the team.

Exactly! I like how he had things in order a few years ago, now it seems to be growing out of control. I can appreciate guys like 50 Cent being around him, but then you guys like Ray J, who exhibit bi-polar ways and goes on crazy rants on radio shows.

This dude went nuts about a toddler scuffle that he got into, then continued to yell "Money Team" throughout the whole thing! No contributions whatsoever...just starving for attention in an attempt at a second wind in his career. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:19 AM