Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd vs Cotto Article, Don't beat me up if you read it already
CDeezFoo
post Apr 13 2012, 01:26 PM
Post #21

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,549

It took me a minute to figure out why Floyd was acting so uninterested in the Max interview...but I think it's because he is changing his image...slowly but surely..and he is not going to personally attack Miguel with anything so he is showing that this will be easy work because he does this everyday. He's shown his sparring session for free...which also gets his fan base up using USTREAM for the whole world to see...free..but he's also taking pics on FB and Instagram everyday..showing the work he's putting in. I'm a huge Floyd fan and actually that is how I found this sight..all the other sights are mad at Floyd but this one actually likes the guy..like I think most people do but haters are always louder. As far as this article shit...sounds like something that I could write up so obviously its just some guy giving points on why he hates Floyd trying to recruit more hataz!! haha ...and Floyd will easily defeat Cotto..while Cotto would be the best opponent for any other person to have ever faced in their life...Cotto is simply one more W for Floyd and will be easy work. I wish bitch ass Margarito never used them bricks...because Cotto would be where Manny is..and Floyd retired to let other people build their name..if he would of kept fighting everybody would of focused on hating on Floyd rather than appreciating other fighters like Manny, Cotto, Paul W, Ricky, JMM, Morales..and whoever the hell else was fighting. He told us that after one of his fights before he retired..so now their names have more weight..which equals more money for Money

ay....im high..fuk it..an fuk you ahead of time for being mad at me being part of...the MoneyTeam haha
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Drugs aint for everybody! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 13 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #23

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Apr 13 2012, 02:26 PM) *
It took me a minute to figure out why Floyd was acting so uninterested in the Max interview...but I think it's because he is changing his image...slowly but surely..and he is not going to personally attack Miguel with anything so he is showing that this will be easy work because he does this everyday. He's shown his sparring session for free...which also gets his fan base up using USTREAM for the whole world to see...free..but he's also taking pics on FB and Instagram everyday..showing the work he's putting in. I'm a huge Floyd fan and actually that is how I found this sight..all the other sights are mad at Floyd but this one actually likes the guy..like I think most people do but haters are always louder. As far as this article shit...sounds like something that I could write up so obviously its just some guy giving points on why he hates Floyd trying to recruit more hataz!! haha ...and Floyd will easily defeat Cotto..while Cotto would be the best opponent for any other person to have ever faced in their life...Cotto is simply one more W for Floyd and will be easy work. I wish bitch ass Margarito never used them bricks...because Cotto would be where Manny is..and Floyd retired to let other people build their name..if he would of kept fighting everybody would of focused on hating on Floyd rather than appreciating other fighters like Manny, Cotto, Paul W, Ricky, JMM, Morales..and whoever the hell else was fighting. He told us that after one of his fights before he retired..so now their names have more weight..which equals more money for Money

ay....im high..fuk it..an fuk you ahead of time for being mad at me being part of...the MoneyTeam haha

Accordin' to Bryan Perez, Team Cotto has the blueprint to beat Mayweather.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Apr 13 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #24

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 12 2012, 12:23 PM) *
i think the best time for that fight to be made was after cotto/shane and floyd/hatton. floyd retired. there's no denying that.

a close look at floyds resume reveals some things that i find very telling...he's only defeated 2 undefeated fighters.

now that cotto has 2 losses...the fight is being made. critics will have easy ammo in this and floyd will not get much credit for beating a man who has been beaten badly, twice. had he beat cotto after the hatton fight...it would have been difficult to criticize then and would have raised his standing greatly imo.

I'm not gonna try to argue or debate the fact that Mayweather-Cotto would have been bigger in 2008 than it is in 2012. But this will be the biggest boxing match this year up to that point. And I think any real boxing fan can clearly see that Mayweather is not being forced to fight Cotto. He chose Cotto and will be victorious May 5.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Apr 13 2012, 03:21 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 13 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #25

Featherweight

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Apr 13 2012, 04:20 PM) *
I'm not gonna try to argue or debate the fact that Mayweather-Cotto would have been bigger in 2008 than it is in 2012. But this will be the biggest boxing match this year up to that point. And I think any real boxing fan can clearly see that Mayweather is not being forced to fight Cotto. He chose Cotto and will be victorious May 5.

By forced, I think people mean Floyd's runnin' out of worthy/respectable opponents to face, so he was forced to choose Cotto in that sense, especially since the Pacquiao fight went sour.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 13 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Apr 13 2012, 04:20 PM) *

definitely the biggest fight of the year and the best match up to be made south of 160. i think pac was an easier opponent. floyd should win....but i don't believe it's going to be as easy as everyone is making it out to be.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 13 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 13 2012, 05:11 PM) *
By forced, I think people mean Floyd's runnin' out of worthy/respectable opponents to face, so he was forced to choose Cotto in that sense, especially since the Pacquiao fight went sour.

i don't think i used the word "forced" but this is an excellent way to put it. cotto didn't call floyd out...so...

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Apr 13 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 13 2012, 04:11 PM) *

Floyd has options in the boxing game.He's at the top of the game right now so it shrinks the list somewhat, but there are other worthy/respectable opponents. Cotto was just the best one at this particular time. He coulda fought a Martinez, Pacquiao or Alvarez in May and it would have been a very worthy/respectable boxing match.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Apr 13 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #29

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

I'm not so sure about this fight been the highest money grossing fight of the year. Tickets aren't sold out yet, which is usually not the case for an event of this magnitude.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 14 2012, 01:30 AM
Post #30

Featherweight

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Apr 14 2012, 12:06 AM) *
Floyd has options in the boxing game.He's at the top of the game right now so it shrinks the list somewhat, but there are other worthy/respectable opponents. Cotto was just the best one at this particular time. He coulda fought a Martinez, Pacquiao or Alvarez in May and it would have been a very worthy/respectable boxing match.

That's what I was sayin', but as far as the fights you mentioned goes, Martinez wasn't available. You think Floyd was gon' wait to see if Martinez would beat Macklin before he picked his next opponent? Hell nah! Unless they would've given Macklin some step aside money, I don't see how that fight would've been possible. Floyd tried to get the Pacquiao fight, but it went sour and Alvarez hasn't proven himself, yet. He's on the correct path, though. That's why I said what I said.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Apr 14 2012, 01:39 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 08:37 PM