> Nazim Richardson
Franchize
post Apr 17 2012, 10:45 AM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 16 2012, 04:25 PM) *
"borderline hall of famer".... no way is Shane a borderline hall of famer if Kosta tszu is in there... no way in hell

I had no idea Tszu was a HOFer lol I guess theyre givin that title out liek Gov't cheese huh lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 17 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #22

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 17 2012, 11:45 AM) *
I had no idea Tszu was a HOFer lol I guess theyre givin that title out liek Gov't cheese huh lol

lol.... correct you are.. that is how I see it. Curious as to your rational on Mosley being borderline? I am not bashing it..hell I think the boxing hall of fame should be more exclusive like the BASEBALL HALL... the baseball hall just doesn't let anyone in...

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 17 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #23

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 10:56 AM) *
I wont knock you on this. Im just hard pressed to see why nobody's giving Cotto a chance. The crazy thing is, people are giving him a chance by saying that "the first 4 rounds will be competitive", but hell, those "competitive rounds" are grounds for 1 punch changing the pace of the fight...or ending it for that matter.

I find it funny how people forget about those "filling out" rounds in the Mosley fight, where Shane landed some punches that could've made May 1st a special day in th history books.

Wouldn't you take the fight for the money? Dont all fighters do that for a living? Mayweather may have taken Shane's confidence away, but let's face it, Canelo's no Mayweather.

If Shane runs after the first punch lands flush, then thats pretty much expected. Now, if Canelo cant cut off the ring and stopped Shane's survival mode technique, then what does that say about Canelo?

That he is no better than Floyd and Pacman cause they couldn't do much when Shane was in survival mode. Yeah I would take it for the money, but let's not believe that Shane is back to his old self. He did look good against Tony but his last three fights were the worst. I think Winky beat him the most decisively but Floyd really hurt him with some fot eh shots and afterwards he no longer had the heart and confidence to go through punishement and pain. At least that's my theory.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2012, 04:09 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 17 2012, 11:45 AM) *

they gave stallone one...fuck it, why not? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

it's like the wbc with their belts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Apr 19 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #25

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 17 2012, 02:45 PM) *
That he is no better than Floyd and Pacman cause they couldn't do much when Shane was in survival mode. Yeah I would take it for the money, but let's not believe that Shane is back to his old self. He did look good against Tony but his last three fights were the worst. I think Winky beat him the most decisively but Floyd really hurt him with some fot eh shots and afterwards he no longer had the heart and confidence to go through punishement and pain. At least that's my theory.

Wouldn't say that, I mean by round 10 against Floyd I recall Nazim telling Shane he was considering stopping it. Which would indicate that shane's "survival mode" was barely working...

As for Manny, well Shane just exposed what Nacho, Nazim, Marquez and many of us already knew, dude doesn't seem to understand how to cut the ring off. Watch Buboy tryna frantically explain it to him inbetween rounds during the 3rd Marquez fight. Wanna avoid Pacquiao punches, then circle to your left... Floyd consistently tagged Shane flush all night, Manny was all rushing in off balance just tryna land another decent blow. So if Shane's survival mode act against Canelo allows him to remain relatively unscathed as in the Manny fight, well to me that'd show that Mr Alvarez needs to learn how to cut off the ring, especially considering he's more of a plodding fighter than someone like Manny. I'd reccomend to him watching how Floyd just walked Shane down the whole fight. Shane was retreating a lot, but he wasn't avoiding too many punches...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 17 2012, 02:45 PM) *

Actually Floyd was able to land on Shane at will, even in the later rounds....cant say the same about Manny after the 3rd round knockdown that he scored against Shane. Manny's shots were getting blocked all night long, and Shane ended up showing us that Manny struggles with cutting the ring off.

As for Mosley's last 3 fights...in two of them (FMJ and Pac), it's almost expected to not look good...and that Mora fight, boy did Sergio run for the whole fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:08 PM