IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weekend in Boxing - PPV, FNF and HW contender, On fight night, separate posts for FNF and the PPV
Cheesey1
post Apr 13 2012, 01:00 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Here's a quick summary of what's on this weekend. This isn't all of the boxing this weekend and doesn't include what's on Telemundo, Telefutura, or Fox Deportes.

FRIDAY:
International (around 4-5pm EST) - Felix 'Leonidas' Sturm vs. Sebastian Zbik @ 160lbs - WBA Championship. Sturm's the belt holder and Zbik wants to change that.

FNF -Michael 'The Great' Katsidis vs. Albert 'The Tornado' Mensah @ 140lbs - Katsidis is a crowd pleaser, but has he been in one brawl too many? Will Mensah show us that he can become another well regarded boxer from Ghana? Katsidis has the much better resume and although he's moving up in weight, it looks like this is his to win.

'King' Artemio Reyes vs. Alan Sanchez - 147lbs

SATURDAY:
International (around 4 pm EST) -Chris Eubank jr vs. Paul Allison @ 160lbs - promising son of Chris Eubank in his third pro fight.
International (main event) - Tyson Fury vs. Martin 'The Iron Man' Rogan @ HW - yup this is the HW contender mentioned in the title, Tyson Fury. Rogan's apparently a tough HW, but not exactly a spring chicken and not a contender. Fury's expected to win, but can Rogan hand Fury his first defeat and spoil his movement up the ranks?
HBO PPV:
Brandon 'Bam-Bam' Rios vs. Richard Abril, @ 135lbs. WBA championship - this has already been discussed in the forums Only thing from me is that at least Abril's got two things going for him going into this match, he's Cuban and he's fighting during a month that's almost got the same name as him.

Juan Manuel 'Dinamita' Marquez vs. Serhiy 'The Professor' Fedchenko @ 140lbs -WBO interim championship - this one has also already been discussed, but apparently Fedchenko isn't a pushover.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 13 2012, 01:08 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 11:34 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im going to try and catch the Sturm/Zbik fight...should be a good one. I have to see how Zbik fairs against a guy his size...rather than a jolly giant like Chavez who damn near outweighed him by 20 lbs.

Win, lose, or draw, t's always a pleasure to catch Katsidis fight...so I'll be looking out for him on FNF. I haven't seen his opponent fight, so I cant make a prediction.'

The PPV card could possibly have "upset" written over it. Im not sure how Abril will fair against Rios, who will probably have a significant weight advantage. With that said, I've seen Rios hurt by Acosta (on a few occasions) and Antillon (a couple of times).

Anybody that can move and punch with confidence, will give Brandon trouble...as Acosta showed us early in that fight. Straight punch will freeze him as well, as long as his opponent doesn't get mindfucked into a phone booth fight. I just know that Abril will more than likely have the reach advantage, so hopefully he uses it to his advantage.

As for Marquez, he could possibly be the guy that gets upset this weekend...if it were to happen. His opponent is no bum, so let's hope that we still see the same resilience that Marquez shows in every fight, if age hasn't rendered him the "fuck you" card.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 13 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Cool.

I missed the Sturm/Zbik match. I'm definitely catching tomorrow's afternoon stuff.

Also, that gif is hilarious. All he needs is a halo.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 13 2012, 06:18 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 13 2012, 07:16 PM) *
Cool.

I missed the Sturm/Zbik match. I'm definitely catching tomorrow's afternoon stuff.

Also, that gif is hilarious. All he needs is a halo.

I did too. I tried to watch the stream at 6PM,(EST), and that was waaay over. It looked like an amateur bout was taking place, and hell, even THAT fight was in the final round. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As for my avatar, I just saw the pic online, and I couldn't stop laughing! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 13 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Yeah the time difference is either 5, or 6 hours. I think that Germany's 6hrs, so 4pm / 5pm is a safer bet.

FNF not on until 11...not cool.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 13 2012, 08:57 PM) *
FNF not on until 11...not cool.

Tell me about it! Im like damn, 10PM would've been okay, but 11??? I'll probably be inebriated by then...so my shit-talking and round-by-round info will be waaaay off...

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 13 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 09:00 PM) *
Tell me about it! Im like damn, 10PM would've been okay, but 11??? I'll probably be inebriated by then...so my shit-talking and round-by-round info will be waaaay off...

For real. My over the hill self will be struggling to keep my eyes open.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 13 2012, 09:05 PM) *
For real. My over the hill self will be struggling to keep my eyes open.

What time is it up there in Mars??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 13 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 09:12 PM) *
What time is it up there in Mars??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ha!! Nah man, NYC!!!!

I'm watching the Knicks whup the poor Wizards.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 13 2012, 08:43 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 13 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

This Katsidis/Mensah bout could be a blood and guts thing, or maybe even a KO.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 07:13 AM