> SHANE MOSLEY: "I APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO CANELO"
bnoles4life
post Apr 13 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 05:30 PM) *
I think we've all made it clear that he didn't look good against the 1A and 1B fighters in the sport...who does? t.

I don't have an issue w/ him vs. May...I mean he came to fight. However, that display vs. Pac was less about Pac and more about him. I like Shane and always have, but I fear if he can't buzz and get Canelo out early, it may be hard to watch.

FYI: He's in the ring w/ GBP's "Golden Egg", that right there, tells you what Shane is perceived to have left.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 13 2012, 07:42 PM) *
FYI: He's in the ring w/ GBP's "Golden Egg", that right there, tells you what Shane is perceived to have left.

And how many times has Oscar been right about matchups? He's ate his words more than ever on a few occasions...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 13 2012, 06:57 PM) *
first off...i love ur faith in shane. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) and ur right...there's no shame in losing to floyd or pac.

as for the cotto/marg fight (1st one)...cotto had margarito's head twisting like the exorcist and had him more busted up than i could recall seeing in any of his fights. ur right...margarito was landing shots....and loaded wraps or not...cotto fought the wrong fight...giving up ground to margarito, and pulling back into his windmill shots. in the 2nd fight...cotto did a much better job of staying off the ropes and didn't give margarito much opportunity. i know everyone thought the fight was playing out like the 1st one..but that's not my opinion. margarito did nothing to take steam out of cotto and was taking far more damage than he did in the first fight. sure cotto was a little winded...but every time margarito appeared to have cotto where he wanted him..cotto did a great job of stepping into the eye of the storm and forcing margarito back. something i said he had to do to win before the first fight.

as for canelo...u could contribute fighting at a weight that wasn't natural to him as the reason jose cotto was able to rock him. u are right....he was hit by slower, softer punching guys...i'd love to see shane pull it off, but i don't have the same confidence in him that u do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

No Professor...it's "newly found" faith in Shane...and thou shall never have this faith again, in event that Mosley comes up short. You gotta admit though, having 3rd and 4th wind of confidence for a fighter is cool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As for that first fight, you're right, Cotto fought the wrong fight, and he only made small adjustments in the rematch. Surely Margs thought Cotto was fighting the same fight as the first, which is why I think he (Margarito) didn't sweat the punches that Miguel was landing.

Henstly, the damage done to Margs in the second fight was solely focused on the eye, so when Miguel landed, I feel that it appeared that he was doing more damage. Cotto just did himself a favor and made those adjustments. Funny thing is, his face was messed up as well, at the time of the stoppage.

Canelo will indeed have his hands full, and we all know that Shane is always first when he's fighting a guy lesser than him. Anytime he attempted to be first in a fight with a guy who had skill, we all saw that went.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 13 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #14

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 06:58 PM) *
And how many times has Oscar been [i]right about matchups? He's ate his words more than ever on a few occasions...
[/i]

True story. However, what common denominator (think: fighter) did those failed predictions often possess?

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Apr 13 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

As Fox Mulder's poster read "I want to believe" in the X-Files series, I want to believe Shane, I really do. But if history is the judge of things present and future well then he is going to either run the entire time while smiling or he will just get his ass kicked for 9 rounds straight. As I read the article two things came to mind: 1. his confidence is high 2. he really believes that he is going to win. The fact that Shane feels better at 154 gives me hope but then again I go back to Pacquiao, Mora, and Mayweather. Given two of those fighters are fighting at a high level but Mora? Really? I want to believe that Sugar will be the main ingredient for the fight and not Cinnamon. I want to believe that the Shane of Margarito will show up. I want to believe that he still has something left but I also use to believe in Santa... Shane I have money on you please do not disappoint.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) My bold fight prediction (yes it is because I have money on Shane) 8th round knockout to Sugar Shane.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 13 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I see it going the distance, Canelo wins. Shane might not even come to fight, might just want a payday.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 13 2012, 04:41 PM) *
Not convinced,

I think Mosley shows up for a payday. And the only reason he looked good against "Margacheato" is because "Cheato" didn't have his plaster hands. The only question is, will Alvarez be the first to stop Mosley? He "played nice" after the 2nd round against Mayweather, and has been too nice in recent years. The best Mosley was in his days as Lightweight Champion and including Delahoya I.

Jack

I think I'm always going to disagree with that.

This post has been edited by sduck: Apr 13 2012, 08:03 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 13 2012, 09:02 PM) *
I see it going the distance, Canelo wins. Shane might not even come to fight, might just want a payday.

I think I'm always going to disagree with that.

As a paying customer of this card, I want to believe that it's going to be a fight. Shane has plans to fight Margarito and Cotto again, so he still has something to look forward to. Not that Canelo doesn't have something to look forward to as well, but Shane does...with NOTHING to lose....cant say the same about Canelo.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 13 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #18

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 08:05 PM) *
As a paying customer of this card,

You'd better, streeeeeeeaaaaaaam. Stream, stream, stream.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 13 2012, 09:13 PM) *
You'd better, streeeeeeeaaaaaaam. Stream, stream, stream.

Too late man. I ALWAYS have fight parties at my house, if not, Im always telling somebody about a fight that watched over the weekend. So...my house has become the designated spot to watch fights.

*Warning*: I ONLY have people over here that somewhat understand contact sports, not the ones that "Oooh" and "Ahh" at every punch that doesn't even land!

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Apr 13 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #20

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Too late man. I ALWAYS have fight parties at my house, if not, Im always telling somebody about a fight that watched over the weekend. So...my house has become the designated spot to watch fights.

*Warning*: I ONLY have people over here that somewhat understand contact sports, not the ones that "Oooh" and "Ahh" at every punch that doesn't even land!

Cool. I'm tryin to come through.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 03:58 PM