IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Comments Thread for Mayweather/Cotto 24/7 (Ep. 1-4)
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im surprised nobody opened this thread yet, but oh well. Please leave all comments concerning the 24/7 segments, in this thread.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 15 2012, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

You got an epic signature, C' !

Still haven't seen the first episode :/

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 15 2012, 12:36 PM) *
You got an epic signature, C' !

Dude I swear I cried laughing when I saw him dancing last night. I HAD to hurry up and make this sig. Moments like that should always be captured!

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 15 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Just Floyd being Floyd, I hope i'm not the only 1 saying "what the hell is that" to some of the training methods Pedro diaz has Cotto doing, i'm looking at it like compared to the training Floyd is Putting in makes Miguel look as though he's on vacation. I mean so far that quote from Miguel saying he's gonna work harder doesent seem as though it adds up to what i saw... but i guess 24/7 doesent show you everything.

Floyd Sr. seems as though he was only there for show... BOOM

+Quote Post
cuzzo707
post Apr 15 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 12,306

Where can I get a Roger Mayweather shirt at??? You don'r know shit about boxing shirt?

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 15 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #6

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (cuzzo707 @ Apr 15 2012, 01:24 PM) *
Where can I get a Roger Mayweather shirt at??? You don'r know shit about boxing shirt?

Nothing easier than put it on a t-shirt yourself, man.

BTW - Just watched the face-off again....I kind of like Floyd being respectful like that. Cotto did earn his position to fight him the hard way. I don't see Floyd being intimidated or anything. Can't wait to see him 'dance' again....all business.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 15 2012, 12:54 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Honestly, at this point, I prefer watching Mayweather train and fight. This Money Mayweather persona is starting to kill me. He's saying that it's a persona, but something leads me to believe that he's vicariously trying to live that lifestyle.

I mean damn, he is a rich so he can buy whatever he pleases, but the whole "hood" mentality is starting to get out of hand. I think I liked his persona, pre Marquez, in which he was more of his flashy self, and less "hood like", or attempting to be.

No matter what people say about 50 Cent, you always have to respect his take on reality issues. I think the bromance with 50 is starting to go to Floyd's head a bit. It sort of reminds me of how 2Pac was this mild mannered, philosophical guy (pre prison term), then he started hanging out with more street cats and started gangbanging in his 20's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 15 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #8

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2012, 03:34 PM) *
Honestly, at this point, I prefer watching Mayweather train and fight. This Money Mayweather persona is starting to kill me. He's saying that it's a persona, but something leads me to believe that he's vicariously trying to live that lifestyle.

I mean damn, he is a rich so he can buy whatever he pleases, but the whole "hood" mentality is starting to get out of hand. I think I liked his persona, pre Marquez, in which he was more of his flashy self, and less "hood like", or attempting to be.

No matter what people say about 50 Cent, you always have to respect his take on reality issues. I think the bromance with 50 is starting to go to Floyd's head a bit. It sort of reminds me of how 2Pac was this mild mannered, philosophical guy (pre prison term), then he started hanging out with more street cats and started gangbanging in his 20's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

lol, I prefer watching him fight from the very begining. Hearing him talk is painful to watch and I bet its painful for him to do as well. People seem to confuse his 'what is the word I want to say' face with intimidation.....but he is just trying to think....

Man...but he sure as hell can box! I can't wait to see this fight. TBH, i have not been looking forward to any recent fight like this...

P.S. Still can't get enough of your sig..Gotta see that fight...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 15 2012, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 15 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2012, 02:34 PM) *

what lifestyle?

he doesn't act hood to me

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: Apr 15 2012, 06:06 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 15 2012, 05:28 PM) *
lol, I prefer watching him fight from the very begining. Hearing him talk is painful to watch and I bet its painful for him to do as well. People seem to confuse his 'what is the word I want to say' face with intimidation.....but he is just trying to think....

Man...but he sure as hell can box! I can't wait to see this fight. TBH, i have not been looking forward to any recent fight like this...

P.S. Still can't get enough of your sig..Gotta see that fight...

Sometimes I feel that way...just hoping that he looks at what he puts out there. I know that at some point, people get bored with money (i.e. 50 Cent) and they just do whatever. Difference is, 50 has been through some street shit, unlike Floyd...for the most part.

I liked him back in the day, even when I cringed at the upcoming words that were coming out of his mouth. Difference is, he talked more about boxing back then...now he has this whole street persona, that he seems to be quietly pursuing.

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 15 2012, 07:06 PM) *
what lifestyle?

he doesn't act hood to me

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hotsauce...you gotta check the signs in this. All of this, "I dont give a fuck" attitude that comes from him, is more than the norm. He had that attitude, and put it work in order to reach the pinnacle (after the Oscar fight). When he got that fame that he longed for, you suddenly started hearing shit like, "If you violate, we'll demonstrate".

Thats street shit, and its the quote of street gangs/big gangs known as BMF. BMF took over Atlanta for a while, and Im not sure that its over. That shit stood for Black Mafia Family, or Big Meech Flenory, which was a huge drug trafficking gang down here, and they "demonstrated" when anybody opposed to what they were doing.

Again, Floyd is a millionaire..but hanging around guys like 50 (who grew up in the streets), is rubbing off on him a bit too much. I love to watch him train and fight, but he seems to be getting too involved in this "Money Mayweather" character. Money Mayweather should be kicking ass and collecting...not portraying a street mentality.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 06:32 PM