IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Comments Thread for Mayweather/Cotto 24/7 (Ep. 1-4)
iKeNjiro
post Apr 16 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,431

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 16 2012, 08:50 AM) *
Sometimes I feel that way...just hoping that he looks at what he puts out there. I know that at some point, people get bored with money (i.e. 50 Cent) and they just do whatever. Difference is, 50 has been through some street shit, unlike Floyd...for the most part.

I liked him back in the day, even when I cringed at the upcoming words that were coming out of his mouth. Difference is, he talked more about boxing back then...now he has this whole street persona, that he seems to be quietly pursuing.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hotsauce...you gotta check the signs in this. All of this, "I dont give a fuck" attitude that comes from him, is more than the norm. He had that attitude, and put it work in order to reach the pinnacle (after the Oscar fight). When he got that fame that he longed for, you suddenly started hearing shit like, "If you violate, we'll demonstrate".

Thats street shit, and its the quote of street gangs/big gangs known as BMF. BMF took over Atlanta for a while, and Im not sure that its over. That shit stood for Black Mafia Family, or Big Meech Flenory, which was a huge drug trafficking gang down here, and they "demonstrated" when anybody opposed to what they were doing.

Again, Floyd is a millionaire..but hanging around guys like 50 (who grew up in the streets), is rubbing off on him a bit too much. I love to watch him train and fight, but he seems to be getting too involved in this "Money Mayweather" character. Money Mayweather should be kicking ass and collecting...not portraying a street mentality.

+1 to Cshel's

I do cringe when I hear him say 50's name every 20seconds
and then the money act is getting whack.
Love it however when he talks shit and is confident and the training
but the two things I mentioned above...he needs to consider ditching
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I still cant believe everybody's looking past Miguel, as if one punch just wont change shit in the fight...What's even worse is that people are using a Face-Off and 4-part series to predict the outcome of the fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) What has the world come to?

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 17 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #23

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 01:43 PM) *
I still cant believe everybody's looking past Miguel, as if one punch just wont change shit in the fight...What's even worse is that people are using a Face-Off and 4-part series to predict the outcome of the fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) What has the world come to?

I noticed that shit, too, but I didn't even bother speakin' on it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Even Floyd once said, "My job is similar to bein' a police officer. All it takes is 1 shot and it could all be over." With that bein' said, I expect Floyd to win, but I don't expect him to look too good doin' it. If Cotto can sneak in a few of his signature body shots, it could be a long (or short (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) night for Floyd. 1 more thing I noticed 'bout Floyd that could lead to his demise, is the fact that he seems to be under-estimatin' Cotto's size. If you pay attention enough, you'll hear Floyd emphasize a point like "I've been in the ring with guys that are bigger than Cotto. Ortiz is bigger than Cotto." Every time I hear him mention shit like that, I silently think to myself, "Is Floyd really under-estimatin' Cotto's size? He's downplayin' Cotto's size, but that could end up bein' 1 of the main things he needs to focus on."

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 17 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #24

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 17 2012, 02:10 PM) *
I noticed that shit, too, but I didn't even bother speakin' on it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Even Floyd once said, "My job is similar to bein' a police officer. All it takes is 1 shot and it could all be over." With that bein' said, I expect Floyd to win, but I don't expect him to look too good doin' it. If Cotto can sneak in a few of his signature body shots, it could be a long (or short (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) night for Floyd. 1 more thing I noticed 'bout Floyd that could lead to his demise, is the fact that he seems to be under-estimatin' Cotto's size. If you pay attention enough, you'll hear Floyd emphasize a point like "I've been in the ring with guys that are bigger than Cotto. Ortiz is bigger than Cotto." Every time I hear him mention shit like that, I silently think to myself, "Is Floyd really under-estimatin' Cotto's size? He's downplayin' Cotto's size, but that could end up bein' 1 of the main things he needs to focus on."

Floyd may not be bigger than Cotto but he is stronger and he might bully Cotto around. Floyd like Ward is very strong despite that he doesn't have this big physique. He is like Bhop, Zaghe strong and it took him a while to get this strenght.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 17 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #25

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

people forget that Mayweather opponents land at 16% on average. Cotto is slow and will not land much clean effective punches to win.. aggression on his part will be rewarded with the fastest and precise counters he has ever be\en hit with... Cotto has a low blows' chance...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 17 2012, 02:58 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 17 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #26

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 12:43 PM) *

its been like that for years

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 17 2012, 02:10 PM) *

i have not heard this...but i agree...this can be a problem.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 19 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #28

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Cotto is not a giant...please stop...Cotto 5"7 with a 67 inch reach Mayweather is 5"8 with a 72inch reach. Cotto just moved up to 154.. Mayweather has been there aleady.. there is not size disparity and I would not be surprised to see mayweather physically handle Cotto without much problem..

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2012, 11:28 AM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 19 2012, 11:13 AM) *
Cotto is not a giant...please stop...Cotto 5"7 with a 67 inch reach Mayweather is 5"8 with a 72inch reach. Cotto just moved up to 154.. Mayweather has been there aleady.. there is not size disparity and I would not be surprised to see mayweather physically handle Cotto without much problem..

I dont remember Mayweather weighing in at 154. I remember him signing for 154, but weighing in at 150 or 151. Cotto has made the 154 limit for the past 2 years, but I agree that there isn't going to be a huge size difference.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 19 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #30

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 12:28 PM) *
I dont remember Mayweather weighing in at 154. I remember him signing for 154, but weighing in at 150 or 151. Cotto has made the 154 limit for the past 2 years, but I agree that there isn't going to be a huge size difference.

That's correct. Floyd weighed in at 150 lbs. for the De La Hoya fight.

Cotto is definitely the larger fighter at this point in time, even without rehydration.

Having said that, I think people are going to find out that the 5 inch reach and speed advantage that Floyd has is going to be a motherfucker in this fight.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:11 PM