Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Losses that are hard to watch...
Gambit808
post Apr 15 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Man there's so many that i can name but for 1 that stands out to me, no matter how much time i watch it is Roy Jones vs. Antonio Tarver 2... I don't know whats worst actually seeing 1 of the greatest being knocked out or hearing the joy in larry merchant's quote by saying "Roy is out, and Roy may be out of boxing"... Truth hurts (smh) and in case your wondering, yup just got done watching that fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHiEI74-lpA

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Apr 15 2012, 11:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I hope I dont lose my man card for this, but as long as I've been watching contact sports, Miguel Cotto is the only fighter that has the ability to make me feel bad for him when he loses a fight. He just goes out on his shield, regardless of how bad he's getting beat.

His first fight against Margarito still messes with me from time to time, then to actually know what Margarito was possibly doing makes it worse. That beating that he took against Manny wasn't as bad, but damn.

The last two beatings that Morales took against Pacquiao are hard to watch 6 out of 7 days of the week. As for Larry Merchant...Im just used to seeing him on HBO, thats why I dont mind watching him commentate, but Im honestly waiting for his memorial 10-count.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 15 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I got you, C'. And I agree. Miguel Cotto's face when hes getting beat up is not only bloody and messy, but kind of sad as well. Maybe it's the Porto Rican pride in him, that is hard to watch when it's getting tossed around. I wish him all the best, really.....sadly, I can't see him victorious in his next fight though.

Jones/Tarver does it for me more than the other two fights. No KO, but you just can see it's not there anymore in Roy. Seeing such an athlete and performer getting pushed around like a leaf by a fighter few levels below his, is painful. Second fight is terrifying, but Roy should have seen it coming...you simply can't play with your weight like that...

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Apr 15 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #4

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

Roy/Tarver II and Tyson/Douglas. I refuse to watch those fights.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 15 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

trinidad loses were hard for me. he never gave up.

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Apr 15 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 15 2012, 11:43 AM) *
Man there's so many that i can name but for 1 that stands out to me, no matter how much time i watch it is Roy Jones vs. Antonio Tarver 2... I don't know whats worst actually seeing 1 of the greatest being knocked out or hearing the joy in larry merchant's quote by saying "Roy is out, and Roy may be out of boxing"... Truth hurts (smh) and in case your wondering, yup just got done watching that fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHiEI74-lpA

This was it for me. No other fight (even Roy's other losses) were worse imo.

Yes, I understood this entire muscle mass loss deal in their first fight..I get it...I've been there..but in this fight i felt he had ample time for his body to adjust. I was actually about to bet $500 on him ( I was at a house party and everybody knew he was my guy and this loudmouth drunk was talking shit) Roy was getting his groove on and I was like this will be a complete shutout..............then BOOM....even the Roy haters were like "Did he slip, WTF?".....as soon as I saw him stumble to his feet, I couldn't believe it.

I went from tipsy to complete sober just that quick. My wife told me later she never saw me so sad. LOL. I didn't say a word on the way home.

This post has been edited by HaydelHammer: Apr 15 2012, 03:04 PM

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Apr 15 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

In a way, watching Margarito lose to pac and cotto was kinda sad, he never gave up and would rather die than lose as he said in the face off. Even if he cheated, i think hes still a good boxer and has true heart and an iron chin

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 15 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

ali vs berbick

and for some reason Prescott vs Alvarado

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Apr 15 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #9

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

Trinidad vs Vargas. He didn't need to fight him that soon. Poor guy was never the same.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 15 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

All of Tyson's loses were hard for me to watch but the one that is the toughest for me was his loss against Lewis. He was and always will be my favorite fighter. Good or bad I always respected the things he did in and outside of the ring. The people I admired the most coming up was 2pac and Tyson. Given the incident that happened between Lewis and Tyson, and the remarks being made about Mike by some fans and the media, I really wanted him to get the win.

I didn't order the fight, so ESPN was how I found out how it played out. And after I saw his post fight interview, I knew he would never challenge for a title again, I just knew that it was all over for him as far as boxing. I didn't say much that night my girlfriend at that time tried to cheer me up but I didn't want to be bothered. It was a sad moment and a sobering moment as well

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 09:29 PM