> Losses that are hard to watch...
Franchize
post Apr 18 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #41

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 18 2012, 01:33 PM) *
I'm surprised no one agreed with me on Pacquiao vs Hatton. No love for Hatton lol?

If Hatton was on top of his game...YES. But he got schooled the fight before that. I also didn't like how disrespectful he was to Floyd Sr. I know he was stuck in his ways and Hatton isn't a pure boxer, but if you're going to employ the man, at least try some of his tactics. He took you through an entire training camp and showed you defense. Hatton didn't even know how to hit the pads. Then, you get to the fight, and Hatton through out EVERYTHING Sr had taught him within 1 round. After the fight, once his career was done, he tried to bad mouth Floyd Sr. Like it was Floyd's fault he ran in there, guns blazing,with no defense and Manny knocked him the fuck out.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Apr 18 2012, 01:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 18 2012, 02:16 PM) *
If Hatton was on top of his game...YES. But he got schooled the fight before that. I also didn't like how disrespectful he was to Floyd Sr. I know he was stuck in his ways and Hatton isn't a pure boxer, but if you're going to employ the man, at least try some of his tactics. He took you through an entire training camp and showed you defense. Hatton didn't even know how to hit the pads. Then, you get to the fight, and Hatton through out EVERYTHING Sr had taught him within 1 round. After the fight, once his career was done, he tried to bad mouth Floyd Sr. Like it was Floyd's fault he ran in there, guns blazing,with no defense and Manny knocked him the fuck out.

totally agree.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 18 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #43

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Apr 18 2012, 08:19 AM) *
I still don't like watching the way Cotto got bricked to bits in the first fight with Marg. Used to be a huge Cotto fan, still am, an that shit was upsetting to see. Not just the state of his face, which made me an all my boys recoil when they finally showed a close up shot. The way he had to jus retreat to the opposite corner, take a knee an quit. You could literally see him disintigrate mentally...

Was extremely pleased when Shane put that whoopin on Marg...

That said, I think this fight with Floyd may have Cotto getting a supreme ass whopping again, luckily Floyd makes it look so good it won't be as hard to watch. I mean Gatti got destroyed, but I found myself marvelling at Floyd's technique more than the damage being done. Whereas Cotto vs Marg was jus a straight ghetto beat down...

Man, this is all that needs to be said 'bout those fights. I felt the same.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 19 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #44

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 18 2012, 04:01 PM) *
Man, this is all that needs to be said 'bout those fights. I felt the same.

Ditto. It wasn't Cotto's physical state that was so sad. He looked broken and exhausted mentally. It was his 1st loss but he looked like he may retire after that.

I feel the same way about Floyd vs Gatti. Part of me wanted them to stop it way earlier because Gatti was taking a beating and there was no way he was goin to win. The other part of me was just captivated by the brilliant display of boxing. It was text book.

Just to add on to the OP, I thought watching Corrales lose to Floyd was a little sad. He was undefeated (if I'm not mistaken) and actually the favorite by many to win. He got embarassed and he fueded with his dad afterwards. He was talking retirement and he had tears in his eyes. One thing I'm going to really miss about Chico. Almost all of his fights, win or lose, were filled with passion and emotion. He put his heart in to the sport.

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 19 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #45

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

Ok, I don't remember Hatton saying anything disrespectful. I remember hearing that Floyd Sr was always late for the training sessions. And after the fight, while Hatton was unconscious Sr was laughing and chatting with friends while walking out of the arena by himself. That was DISRESPECT. FLoyd SR is a punk, no class punk.

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 19 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #46

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

To me it was Margarito after the Pacquio fight, that was brutal!

+Quote Post
Extant
post Apr 19 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #47

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,810

QUOTE (Thickback @ Apr 15 2012, 11:28 AM) *
Roy/Tarver II and Tyson/Douglas. I refuse to watch those fights.

I second that motion as you've just said it for me. Just looking at those fights posted rubs me the wrong way.

+Quote Post
Extant
post Apr 19 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #48

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,810

To this day I can't bare to rewatch the Tyson/Douglas fight.

But with Sup (That's what I call him), I sometimes find myself rewatching that 2nd fight with Tarver and actually hoping for a different outcome. I went through the FOUR stages of grief with that fight.

1. Denial: When Sup slumped back like he did after that "lucky lick", I didn't even flinch. I actually tricked my brain into believing that the knockdown didn't happen.

2. Anger: Immediately, I viewed Tarver as the typical tattle-telling cousin from the suburbs who "snucked" me and then ran and snitched. (He didn't even see the ko punch he threw with his eyes closed as he was clearly losing the fight)

3. Barganing: "Please god... Tell me this isn't happening!!!"

4. Depression: You could literally tell who all the RJJ fans were by the body language and the look on the faces at work the following monday.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 19 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #49

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Well I don't fully look at it that way. Just seeing someone you know get knocked the f out, out of no where is hard enough. Roy Jones, Paul Williams, Ricky Hatton... Those built up knock-outs aren't as difficult to me, because you usually see them coming.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2012, 12:23 PM
Post #50

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Extant @ Apr 19 2012, 12:58 PM) *
To this day I can't bare to rewatch the Tyson/Douglas fight.

But with Sup (That's what I call him), I sometimes find myself rewatching that 2nd fight with Tarver and actually hoping for a different outcome. I went through the FOUR stages of grief with that fight.

1. Denial: When Sup slumped back like he did after that "lucky lick", I didn't even flinch. I actually tricked my brain into believing that the knockdown didn't happen.

2. Anger: Immediately, I viewed Tarver as the typical tattle-telling cousin from the suburbs who "snucked" me and then ran and snitched. (He didn't even see the ko punch he threw with his eyes closed as he was clearly losing the fight)

3. Barganing: "Please god... Tell me this isn't happening!!!"

4. Depression: You could literally tell who all the RJJ fans were by the body language and the look on the faces at work the following monday.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Good shit! I like how you broke down the 4 stages. Thats the feeling most fans get during an upset. #2 had me rollin'..."tattle-telling" cousin from the suburbs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:24 AM