> Losses that are hard to watch...
mrwigi
post Apr 16 2012, 07:30 AM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,421

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 15 2012, 07:39 PM) *
Trinidad vs Vargas. He didn't need to fight him that soon. Poor guy was never the same.

I agree. And the low blows sure didnt help either
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 16 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Ali losing to Holmes was sad. Holmes losing to Tyson was sad. Even though I never liked Holyfield and I used to be a big James toney fan, watching toney beat up Holyfield was kinda sad too. Tyson losing to that big white guy (can't even remember his name) was sad... especially the post fight interview where he admitted he didn't even want to fight and he was doing it to get himself out of debt. I think the saddest fight I've ever watched most recently was when Gatti got beat by Gomez. Arturo was never the most skilled fighter but he had the heart to keep him in most fights. Gomez wasn't even that skilled and he completely embarassed Gatti. Beat him bad and Gatti just looked helpless.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Apr 16 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #13

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Mike Alvarado v. Bredis Prescott . Both guys fought their hearts out and it didn't matter who came out the victor, each guy deserved it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 16 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (wolterb @ Apr 16 2012, 06:39 PM) *
Mike Alvarado v. Bredis Prescott . Both guys fought their hearts out and it didn't matter who came out the victor, each guy deserved it.

seemed to me prescott dominated and then gassed

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 16 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Anybody find it hard to watch Judah get dismantled by Cotto? That shit went from bad to worse...

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 16 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #16

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 15 2012, 11:43 AM) *
Man there's so many that i can name but for 1 that stands out to me, no matter how much time i watch it is Roy Jones vs. Antonio Tarver 2... I don't know whats worst actually seeing 1 of the greatest being knocked out or hearing the joy in larry merchant's quote by saying "Roy is out, and Roy may be out of boxing"... Truth hurts (smh) and in case your wondering, yup just got done watching that fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHiEI74-lpA

+1. Since I watched it live, I NEVER have watched it again. To be honest, short of someone putting a gun to my family's or my head, I can't think of a scenario that will make me view it again.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 16 2012, 04:30 PM
Post #17

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 16 2012, 01:39 PM) *
Anybody find it hard to watch Judah get dismantled by Cotto? That shit went from bad to worse...

I find it hard, for the ONLY reason I look at Cotto "sideways". Zab had Cotto on "roller skates" a bit and Miguel resorted to the "Tito tactic". While I give Cotto (some) credit for winning that fight, I know that he opted to use a cheap tactic to control Zab. Anyone who knows the how quickly the game changes, should your nuts get clanged like wind chimes....and make no mistake about it: those shots found their intended destination

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 16 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 16 2012, 05:30 PM) *
I find it hard, for the ONLY reason I look at Cotto "sideways". Zab had Cotto on "roller skates" a bit and Miguel resorted to the "Tito tactic". While I give Cotto (some) credit for winning that fight, I know that he opted to use a cheap tactic to control Zab. Anyone who knows the how quickly the game changes, should your nuts get clanged like wind chimes....and make no mistake about it: those shots found their intended destination

Yeah we can never rule out the low blows. Honestly, low blows weren't Judah's primary issue that night. Karma was is the building with a purpose, and that purpose was served.

The same way Cotto went low when he got in trouble (as Tito used to do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ), Zab did the same thing to Floyd in his prior bout when he was getting his jenga blocks pulled.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 16 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #19

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 16 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Yeah we can never rule out the low blows. Honestly, low blows weren't Judah's primary issue that night. Karma was is the building with a purpose, and that purpose was served.

The same way Cotto went low when he got in trouble (as Tito used to do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ), Zab did the same thing to Floyd in his prior bout when he was getting his jenga blocks pulled.

True Story...karma like a MF!!!!

+Quote Post
jvo1800
post Apr 16 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #20

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 10,205

Jones Jr. losing to Tarver was the worst thing in sports history

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 07:48 AM