> Losses that are hard to watch...
jvo1800
post Apr 16 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #21

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,205

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 16 2012, 05:30 PM) *
I find it hard, for the ONLY reason I look at Cotto "sideways". Zab had Cotto on "roller skates" a bit and Miguel resorted to the "Tito tactic". While I give Cotto (some) credit for winning that fight, I know that he opted to use a cheap tactic to control Zab. Anyone who knows the how quickly the game changes, should your nuts get clanged like wind chimes....and make no mistake about it: those shots found their intended destination

damn u got my fav boxer and rapper all on the same page......u must be a pretty cool dude
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Apr 16 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #22

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,998

Kostya vs Vince Phillips.
Junior Jones vs Mckinney.

+Quote Post
E.C.LEGEND
post Apr 17 2012, 09:17 AM
Post #23

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 6,658

I refuse to Watch Jones vs Cal. I made up to the 4th round and changed the channel.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Apr 17 2012, 10:17 AM) *
I refuse to Watch Jones vs Cal. I made up to the 4th round and changed the channel.

Was it sad, or did it just piss you off? I choose the latter...

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 17 2012, 09:44 AM
Post #25

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Pacquiao vs Hatton. Seeing Hatton gape like a fish is always hard to watch.

+Quote Post
E.C.LEGEND
post Apr 17 2012, 09:52 AM
Post #26

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 09:42 AM) *
Was it sad, or did it just piss you off? I choose the latter...

Both! I was more sad than mad. I couldn't watch my favorite fighter get thrashed. I also felt bad for Gatti in the Mayweather and Baldomir fights.

This post has been edited by E.C.LEGEND: Apr 17 2012, 09:54 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Apr 17 2012, 10:52 AM) *
Both! I was more sad than mad. I couldn't watch my favorite fighter get thrashed. I also felt bad for Gatti in the Mayweather and Baldomir fights.

I was more pissed than anything, because I felt that he could've done more. He didn't take that cut very well though. As for Gatti...I only felt bad for him in the Baldomir fight.

The Mayweather fight was an obvious style matchup nightmare for Arturo. In the Baldomir fight, it went from bad to worse, especially after Carlos was able to take his punch, then he hurt his hand (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) ...

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 17 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #28

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Apr 17 2012, 10:52 AM) *

I felt the same way. I was in this pub in Manhattan watching it with my boy. Everyone wanted Calzaghe to win. It was sad because you could tell Roy was far more skilled than Calzaghe but he just couldn't take a punch anymore. He was punch drunk. He couldn't let his hands go because he was too scared to get hit. It didn't even have to be a power punch. Jabs stunned Jones at that point in his career.

I also felt bad for Gatti vs Mayweather. But I also LOVED that fight. It was one of, if not THE most billiant display of techinical boxing and ring generalship I've ever seen. I felt bad for Gatti though. He was a warrior but, as Roy Jones said, at no point in his career should he have been put in the ring with Floyd. It was embarassing because Floyd beat him up in front of a HUGE pro-Gatti crowd in Atlantic City. It was embarassing from the moment he left the dressing room. Anyone remember him getting scared by the pyrotechnics? lmao Then, watching Buddy McGirt hug him and tell him he has to stop the fight was gutwrenching because you know Gatti isn't a quitter. The worst image of that night was watching Buddy try and pull out the mouthpiece that was stuck in Gatti's mouth because it was so swollen.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I think I was more pissed at Roy, because he made Calzaghe look good that night. Those slapping punches by joe, and Roy's inability or unwillingness to fire back was more annoying than anything.

+Quote Post
E.C.LEGEND
post Apr 17 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #30

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 10:05 AM) *
I was more pissed than anything, because I felt that he could've done more. He didn't take that cut very well though. As for Gatti...I only felt bad for him in the Baldomir fight.

The Mayweather fight was an obvious style matchup nightmare for Arturo. In the Baldomir fight, it went from bad to worse, especially after Carlos was able to take his punch, then he hurt his hand (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) ...

When Cal started putting his head in Jones guard, that was it. I thought I was watching Doomsday kill Superman. Gatti was the modern day Rocky so I always hoped he won his fights.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 11:14 PM