> Ricky Hatton vs Mayweather, I know Ricky got undressed and knocked out
BoxingFan86
post Apr 18 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #41

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2012, 03:48 PM) *
Wasn't Tzsyu at the end of his rope? I guess the better question here is, who had the better competition at 140?

C'mon Slump, PLEASE dont tell me that you're referring to Manny Pacquiao as "the man" of the division (140) when ricky fought him. If so...well, I hate to break it to ya, but Manny wasn't "the man" of the division, sorry.

No way in the world he could be the man of the division, when he only fought there once, and never fought there again. Again, I hope you're referring to Pacquiao as the man the 140 lb divsion...hopefully I read that wrong.

The counter question for this would be, who finished the round in a better fashion while on queer street, Floyd or Ricky? Last time I checked, Ricky took that "tebow knee" that wasn't rule a knockdown for some reason.

Floyd on the other hand, damn near did a Rapper's Delight dip when his knees buckled, but I dont remember him taking the "knee of refuge" like Ricky.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 18 2012, 02:55 PM) *
True and while we're on it we can even scratch Bhop ko over DLH cause DLH really did take a dive. Ricky was on queer st just as much as Floyd was against Mosley.
It was a close fight that could've gone to Collazo but the knockdown that was scored, it was scored by Hatton regardless if he stepped on his foot, he did put him down.

I think we don't see the same cause you say Collazo knocked down Ricky which is not true and I say that Ricky knocked down Collazo which is true, simple as that

i'm looking for the video...but i would suggest u go back and watch that. it was bullshit at the highest level. ricky should have lost that fight and they did everything in their power to protect him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2012, 03:48 PM) *
Wasn't Tzsyu at the end of his rope? I guess the better question here is, who had the better competition at 140?

C'mon Slump, PLEASE dont tell me that you're referring to Manny Pacquiao as "the man" of the division (140) when ricky fought him. If so...well, I hate to break it to ya, but Manny wasn't "the man" of the division, sorry.

No way in the world he could be the man of the division, when he only fought there once, and never fought there again. Again, I hope you're referring to Pacquiao as the man the 140 lb divsion...hopefully I read that wrong.

The counter question for this would be, who finished the round in a better fashion while on queer street, Floyd or Ricky? Last time I checked, Ricky took that "tebow knee" that wasn't rule a knockdown for some reason.

Floyd on the other hand, damn near did a Rapper's Delight dip when his knees buckled, but I dont remember him taking the "knee of refuge" like Ricky.

tszyu went to the uk and fought ricky in his backyard. the fight was at some insane hour...and ricky got all the help he could get from the hometown ref. the icing on the cake was hattons low blow which seemed to take all the steam out of the old and inactive kt. the victory was not impressive at all. he basically mauled and fouled his way to victory. the only ppl that thought it was impressive were the brits.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 18 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #44

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

shit i remember that fight. It was at some insane hour, like 12am or something like that. Ricky low blowed held and mauled for 11 rounds. Tsyzu never got off.

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 18 2012, 06:04 PM
Post #45

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

Damn, Hatton gets no respect, and even less since the Pacman loss. I guess it's easy to break-down his wins as bad ones, you can do that with any fighter (Bhop, Floyd, Zaghe, etc.)

Hatton was a very underrated champ. Nobody on Cotto's resume is better than Kostya. Cotto struggled with Malignaggi. Hatton outboxed him and had him stopped. Hatton's got two losses in two fights he wasn't supposed to win and went up in weight and fought a big Collazo, it was a close fight if anybody should've won it, it was Collazo but he was still game and aggressive as always.

Cotto on the other hand, the more I think about it, the less confident I am in his supposed "tool box"
Guy got beat by Margarito bad, he should've lost to Clottey where Clottey just tore his face out with clean punching, Pacman destroyed him. Struggled against Malignaggi, Ndou late, Mosley late rounds, that little Colombian landed 100 flush punches to his face for a round and a half. Besides Cotto's character was softer than Hatton's. He quits or gives up when shit isn't going his way. Hatton will do the opposite.

I am not fooled by Cotto's last fight. Cotto held more and Margarito had his eye messed up. Margarito was getting to Cotto late again and they stopped it. Margarito with a healthy eye stops Cotto the same way he did the first time.

This should be a wash. I hope Mayweather doesn't give him respect and goes after him like he did against Mosley.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 18 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 18 2012, 07:04 PM) *
Damn, Hatton gets no respect, and even less since the Pacman loss. I guess it's easy to break-down his wins as bad ones, you can do that with any fighter (Bhop, Floyd, Zaghe, etc.)

Hatton was a very underrated champ. Nobody on Cotto's resume is better than Kostya. Cotto struggled with Malignaggi. Hatton outboxed him and had him stopped. Hatton's got two losses in two fights he wasn't supposed to win and went up in weight and fought a big Collazo, it was a close fight if anybody should've won it, it was Collazo but he was still game and aggressive as always.

Cotto on the other hand, the more I think about it, the less confident I am in his supposed "tool box"
Guy got beat by Margarito bad, he should've lost to Clottey where Clottey just tore his face out with clean punching, Pacman destroyed him. Struggled against Malignaggi, Ndou late, Mosley late rounds, that little Colombian landed 100 flush punches to his face for a round and a half. Besides Cotto's character was softer than Hatton's. He quits or gives up when shit isn't going his way. Hatton will do the opposite.

I am not fooled by Cotto's last fight. Cotto held more and Margarito had his eye messed up. Margarito was getting to Cotto late again and they stopped it. Margarito with a healthy eye stops Cotto the same way he did the first time.

This should be a wash. I hope Mayweather doesn't give him respect and goes after him like he did against Mosley.

I wouldn't say that Hatton doesn't get any respect...that would be a stretch....but an underrated champ?!...I doubt it. If anything, he was overrated with sub par competition and was another victim of being a "built up" fighter to beat the best.

His victories aren't in vain, but some people put a bit too much mustard on those victories over fighters that he fought on their way out of the sport. The Tzsyu and Castillo fights were "the fights" that the media used to convince the world that he was ready for world class competition.

Why, oh why? Sadly, he started to show signs of not being able to hang with decent/great boxers when he stepped in the ring with Collazo.

Im questioning how you could say that nobody on Cotto's resume is better than Kosta Tzsyu on Ricky's record, unless you're talking about his record at 140 lbs, even then, you're still off a bit. Let's get this straight, Kosta Tzsyu was at the end of his career, period. Cotto fought the likes of Corley, Bailey, an UNDEFEATED Malignaggi, and L. N'dou.

Most of the guys on Cotto's resume at 140 would've given Hatton the fight of his life. Oh yeah, let's keep these resumes strictly at 140 lbs, because Hatton's two assed-out loses to the highest rated fighters at WW, compare nothing to the remainder of guys that Cotto fought at WW (Quitana, Mosley, Clottey, Gomez, Judah, Margarito).

Of course they're the two biggest names to ever have on your resume, but moving up in weight to get your ass kicked, and moving back down to get knocked into Neverland like Hatton did, is only noteworthy when you're not on the receiving end of the highlight reel. Other than that, it was a sad sight to see, and nice money in his pocket (if he hasn't sniffed it all away by now).

Those fights made FMJ and Pac bigger stars, and made Hatton look like a naive college girl getting passed around after a long night of binge drinking with the frat boys.

How did Cotto struggle with Paulie when he made him look like he was cheeking a golf ball sized jawbreaker? I may have to go back and watch it, if you're insisting that Paulie somewhat exposed Cotto's boxing deficiency (if that's the case).

Hatton did nothing with Paulie but maul, lunge, clinch, etc. He showed some boxing skills in that fight, but seriously, he used those same ate-up Ricky tricks overall.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 18 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #47

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Hatton would have gotten sparked by zab and even with the low blows cotto punished zab. Even though zab caught him with some otherworldy uppercuts

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 18 2012, 08:59 PM
Post #48

Bantamweight

Hatton's resume at 140 is better than Cotto's at 140. Hatton beats down Corley, Bailey and N'Dou. They are tailor made for him. Cotto was running away from Ndou even though he broke Ndou's rib.

Tzsuy wasn't past his prime, I have no idea where you get this. You can't support this with any facts.

You list Cotto's win over Malignaggi, which was a competitive fight in which Paulie connected more than a few times and even had Cotto stumbling from a shot or was it a few times that Cotto stumbled. Yet you discredit Hatton's complete domination of Paulie. In that fight it was Paulie who clinched and held cause he was being badly outboxed and hurt. Hatton didn't need to clinch in this fight, he wasn't fighting a strong Urango. Hatton gave Malignaggi a whooping which took a lot of Paulie's confidence away. His first stoppage. He came out of the Cotto fight as a better fighter but he left as a much worse fighter after what Hatton did to him.

He moved up to fight Collazo and while he may have been awarded a gift it was a very competitive fight where Collazo came on strong late in the fight. Hatton's frame isn't build for 147, yet he went ahead with an unheralded Collazo and bullied him with his t-rex arms. Fought Mayweather at the same weight even though it's not his best weight. But back to 140, Cotto would get bulldozed by Hatton at 140. Cotto doesn't like pressure. Mosley, N'dou, Margarito and nobody brought pressure like Hatton. Hatton before the Mayweather fight tears up Cotto at 140. He had beat an elite fighter, stopped the lineal champ. Cotto never beat anybody like that. He beat a past it Mosley at 147 and that's his biggest victory to date but he doesn't beat Hatton at 140.

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 18 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #49

Bantamweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 18 2012, 09:51 PM) *
Hatton would have gotten sparked by zab and even with the low blows cotto punished zab. Even though zab caught him with some otherworldy uppercuts

Zab is Zab. He can knock you out or he can get punked. Zab's lost so many times. I mean he got beat by Tata.
Zab had a chance to beat Kostya too only to get his lights cut off.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 18 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Hatton was too small for 147. I maintain that, but he would have had trouble with zab and corley at 140. I don't think he's overrated but hes not top guy. He's not a pretty fighter but he is effective

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:28 AM