Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ricky Hatton vs Mayweather, I know Ricky got undressed and knocked out
MaxPayne
post Apr 20 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #81

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I think Joe Calzhage was a fundamentally sound boxer with good hand speed and a volume punching style that let him win a lot of rounds. He went undefeated and that's always noteworthy.

The interesting thing about Calzhage and Rocky Marciano, is that their signature wins did come with some question marks.

Ask yourself, if Joe Calzhage had fought a prime Roy Jones Jr. or a Hopkins at the height of his powers, would he have been able to win those fights ?

If Rocky Marciano had fought Joe Louis when he was destroying people, would he have beaten him ?

I respect both men immensely, although I think that Marciano is levels below Louis as a boxer; the same follows for Calzhage vs. RJJ or Hopkins.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 20 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #82

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2012, 02:34 PM) *
hatton stepped on his foot if my memory serves me correctly

Here is the knockdown - your memory was wrong
http://youtu.be/AXwGWpkLp84

This post has been edited by pesticid: Apr 20 2012, 08:10 PM

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 20 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #83

Bantamweight

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 20 2012, 03:58 PM) *
I think Joe Calzhage was a fundamentally sound boxer with good hand speed and a volume punching style that let him win a lot of rounds. He went undefeated and that's always noteworthy.

The interesting thing about Calzhage and Rocky Marciano, is that their signature wins did come with some question marks.

Ask yourself, if Joe Calzhage had fought a prime Roy Jones Jr. or a Hopkins at the height of his powers, would he have been able to win those fights ?

If Rocky Marciano had fought Joe Louis when he was destroying people, would he have beaten him ?

I respect both men immensely, although I think that Marciano is levels below Louis as a boxer; the same follows for Calzhage vs. RJJ or Hopkins.

You're comparing the same Hopkins who won every round against Tarver, won every round against Pavlik beat Pascal impressively and could beat Dawson now to Joe Luis when Marciano fought him? Oh my...

You think that Zaghe was in his prime at 175 when he fought Hopkins? It wasn't even his weight.

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 20 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #84

Bantamweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 20 2012, 03:31 AM) *
cotto's win over shane mosley trumps everything hatton did.

hattons best win: tszyu, a guy who was knocked out by vince philips.

LOL

Cotto was running away from Mosley and barely squeaked out the win and most of the guys here think he lost, while Hatton retired Kostya.

Hatton's win over Kostya at 140 trumps everything Miguel did at 140 I believe this is where the argument was.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 20 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #85

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Pesticid...as convincingly annoying as you can be at times when you're confident about your point...you're slowly becoming my favorite poster! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Seriously though...

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 20 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #86

Bantamweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 04:46 PM) *
Who in the world would hate on a B-level fighter? Trust me, I can save that hate for something noteworthy. Funny thing is, Calazghe fought 2 legends (RJJ and Hopkins) at the end of his career while retiring undefeated, and nobody remembers him! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

What's even funnier is, Hatton got his ass kicked by the two tops fighters in the sport, and his ass is nowhere to be found. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) One of them fought two legends, and is hardly remembered, while the other one got worked by two legends, and he wants no part of the fight game anymore. Irony?

They don't remember a lot of great fighters, Cotto is a B class fighter. Gatti is a C and Zaghe is clearly an A +

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 20 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #87

Bantamweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 19 2012, 11:01 AM) *
Calzaghe landed a handful of clean punches the whole night...

More than a handful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SfWjk00cs...;feature=fvwrel

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 20 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #88

Bantamweight

I am bored...

Mosley is a B+
Hatton is a B
Paulie is a C
Wlad is B
Vitaly A
Hopkins A
Tito B+
Forrest B+
Chad is B+
Froch B+
Kessler B+
Ward A-
Bute B+
Floyd A+
Pacman A
Marquez A
Morales A
Barrera B+
Martinez A
Timmie B+
Khan B+
Salido B
Pavlik B
AA B

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 20 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #89

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Dude, are you watching any boxing this evening? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 20 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #90

Bantamweight

No boxing on TV or stream, it's raining and I got stuck home on Friday. I gotta go eat smth now and hopefully tomorrow I catch Rashad hopefully beating Jones. I don't even know why I dislike Bones, he's got skills - skills wise he is the second coming of Fedor if not even better but we have to wait and see. Common Rashad, put him in a headlock, or go b/w his legs and lay on him until you get the decision.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:11 AM