IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO Classics: Cotto vs Mosley and Mayweather vs Corrales, Updated: Starting at 10:15PM (EST) on 4/27
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

While watching the Macklin/Martinez card end, Lampley mentioned that HBO will have a voting poll for fans to vote for the Cotto vs Mayweather HBO Classics bouts. He said that HBO would announce the fights that fans voted for, during the Morales/Garcia fight, but I dont remember them mentioning the winners.'

With that said, I checked the upcoming schedule, and it appears that they will be airing the Cotto vs Mosley (2007) bout in favor of Miguel, and they'll be airing the Mayweather vs Corrales (2001) bout in favor of Floyd.

This should take place on the week of the fight, but I have to check my DirecTV guide when I get home, since I saw that Mayweather/Corrales was airing at 3:30AM on the week of the fight.

Anyway, if you would, let's discuss the Cotto vs Mosley fight, since Mayweather has been done to death as of late. Will the 8 oz gloves favor Cotto more? What did he appear to learn to from the Mosley fight? Was it his toughest at WW?

Go for it...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 17 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 01:36 PM) *
While watching the Macklin/Martinez card end, Lampley mentioned that HBO will have a voting poll for fans to vote for the Cotto vs Mayweather HBO Classics bouts. He said that HBO would announce the fights that fans voted for, during the Morales/Garcia fight, but I dont remember them mentioning the winners.'

With that said, I checked the upcoming schedule, and it appears that they will be airing the Cotto vs Mosley (2007) bout in favor of Miguel, and they'll be airing the Mayweather vs Corrales (2001) bout in favor of Floyd.

This should take place on the week of the fight, but I have to check my DirecTV guide when I get home, since I saw that Mayweather/Corrales was airing at 3:30AM on the week of the fight.

Anyway, if you would, let's discuss the Cotto vs Mosley fight, since Mayweather has been done to death as of late. Will the 8 oz gloves favor Cotto more? What did he appear to learn to from the Mosley fight? Was it his toughest at WW?

Go for it...

Toughest victory I would say Clottey but I thought it was a draw or Clottey win cause Clottey tore his face. But he got bead down bad by Pacman and Margarito so I don't know.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 17 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

This was a draw at best. Cotto was able to time mosley with right hands... Shane always has been hittable with the right hand (Vernon Forrest showed that) Mosely though had Cotto in retreat mode late in that bout ... I thought it was a draw at best.

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 17 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 17 2012, 02:29 PM) *
This was a draw at best. Cotto was able to time mosley with right hands... Shane always has been hittable with the right hand (Vernon Forrest showed that) Mosely though had Cotto in retreat mode late in that bout ... I thought it was a draw at best.

I thought he won it by a couple of rounds

This post has been edited by pesticid: Apr 17 2012, 01:50 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

a closer look will show u that mosley did nothing to force cotto to box in the end of the fight. imo, cotto made the decision to box when he realized he wasn't going to ko mosley. even though cotto was giving shane movement...shane did nothing to take over the fight. he simply followed cotto around and got out boxed. what lost that fight for mosley was his strategy. taking the fight to cotto played directly in to cotto's hands because shane didn't have a jab. he'd force the exchanges and cotto always seemed to get the best of him because he was throwing the more technically sound punches and shane offered very little head movement to prevent that.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Apr 17 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #6

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

It was a draw to me and I wished they had a rematch. Cotto backed up most of the fight till he figured that he can outbox Mosley with his strong legs and straight rights. Mosley tried too hard to KO Cotto and I was a bit surprised that Cotto didn't go down once in that fight since Mosley landed a couple of bombs. Very close and action oriented fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 17 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Boy what a fight, one of my favorites. Some shades of mosley dlh in those exchanges, but I had cotto winning by unam closely by two rounds and I might have been generous a round or two towards mosley. Gotta love a night of boxing like that though.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 17 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Apr 17 2012, 07:04 PM) *
It was a draw to me and I wished they had a rematch. Cotto backed up most of the fight till he figured that he can outbox Mosley with his strong legs and straight rights. Mosley tried too hard to KO Cotto and I was a bit surprised that Cotto didn't go down once in that fight since Mosley landed a couple of bombs. Very close and action oriented fight.

I agree mosley landed some atomic shots. But they both landed some sleepers, I remember being able to hear their shots landing vividly when they exchanged. Like I said great fight

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 18 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #9

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Personally, I thought Shane lost that fight. He had opportunities, but couldn't capitalize. Even if he had samurai sword, he couldn't have cut the ring off....he just followed Cotto, who was boxing on fumes.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 19 2012, 08:05 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I just remember the announcers being on Cotto's nut sack. They were acting like he was dominating the fight and that Shane should retire or something. I thought it was a very close fight and I had it a draw the 1st time I watched it. I watched it again last week and I had Cotto by a round or something like that. VERY close fight though. I thought Shane was working him in the early rounds.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 05:18 AM