IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weekend in Boxing-FNF, SHO-Taylor/Truax, Lara/Hearns, Mares/Morel, Moreno/De La Mora, "Chunky"/Sinavia
Cheesey1
post Apr 19 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

The weekend is almost here and while a lot of people will be getting 'jiggy with it' in the clubs/lounges/bars, I'll be watching the sweetest of sciences.
Here's some of what's on tap (there's a lot going on, but this is just what I'm planning on watching):

FRIDAY:
FNF-
Adonis Stevenson vs. Noe Gonzalez - 168lbs: A great division. Stevenson is another product of the proud, island nation of Haiti, by way of Canada (Berto and Pascal are two of Haiti's other prominent exports). Both fighters have one loss each and are probably going to do their best to keep it at that.

Eleyder 'Storm' Alvarez vs. Rayco "War"Saunders - 175lbs: Another division that always gets my attention. Alvarez is trying to remain undefeated against the (relatively), much more experienced Saunders

There will also be some heavyweight action, but I'm not sure if it'll be televised. Oscar "Kaboom" Rivas is the undefeated HW on the card. Never seen him fight, but if they do show it, hopefully he lives up to his nickname.

SHOBOX-
Jermain 'Bad Intentions' Taylor vs. Caleb 'Golden' Truax - 160lbs: Truax is undefeated, but Taylor's the favourite. I was never one of the people that thought that Taylor was as good as his press, but I have no idea if Truax's '0' is the result of fighting products from the "bum of the month" club.

Erislandy Lara vs. Ronald 'the Chosen One' Hearns -160lbs: One's the son of a legend and the other's yet another Cuban sensation. Lara arguably beat Paul Williams in his last bout. (Shout out to Ozzie Guillen. Batista's Jim Crow era country didn't produce the boxing talent that we're seeing from Cuba).

SATURDAY:
International (Denmark) approx. 3-4pm
James 'Chunky' DeGale vs. Cristian Sanavia - 168lbs for DeGale's European super middleweight title. Olympic Gold medalist James DeGale's one of my top boxers and I think that the one loss on his record shouldn't be there as, IMO, he won that match.

SHO-
Abner Mares vs. Eric 'Little Hands of Steel' Morel - 122lbs: Let's see how Mares looks after his last outing against Joseph Agbeko. Mares is moving up in weight.

Anselmo 'Chemito'Moreno vs. David 'Morita' De La Mora -122lbs: Both boxers have one loss. Nobody's trying to make it two.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 20 2012, 10:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 19 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Didn't you say chunky was fighting? Degale right?

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 19 2012, 04:12 PM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

I am really curious about the outcome of Lara/Hearns fight. I am expecting Lara to win, but careers of both of these guys are interesting to follow. Hearns is slowly becoming too old to make noise though but it would be good to see him in a good fight. Lara is force to be reckoned with and after what he did to P.Willy I would love to see him get a bigger payday and make a name for himself.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 19 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 19 2012, 02:47 PM) *
Didn't you say chunky was fighting? Degale right?

Yes man. I had accidentally posted it before I finished typing and I don't think that I had entered that bout. I edited it earlier today and now show his match's info. (Sat. afternoon)

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 19 2012, 07:41 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 19 2012, 07:40 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 19 2012, 05:12 PM) *
I am really curious about the outcome of Lara/Hearns fight. I am expecting Lara to win, but careers of both of these guys are interesting to follow. Hearns is slowly becoming too old to make noise though but it would be good to see him in a good fight. Lara is force to be reckoned with and after what he did to P.Willy I would love to see him get a bigger payday and make a name for himself.

Same here. He's also fighting at a heavier weight (if I'm not mistaken), so might we see a stoppage? Several interesting matches this weekend.

I was mistaken about Lara moving up in weight. Damn, what a hack of a poster I am.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 20 2012, 10:52 PM

+Quote Post
pcraw
post Apr 19 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #6

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

Damn good weekend of fights and I gott squeeze in UFC 145 Evans/Jones! Good weekend!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 19 2012, 05:12 PM) *
I am really curious about the outcome of Lara/Hearns fight.

Me too! Im more excited about this, than Jermaine Taylor. I'm sorry, but any guy that has had a brain bleed (Taylor), is definitely on grandfather time. Im not all that interested in seeing him "climb back into the ranks" due that serious injury, but hey, it's his career and it's boxing, so of course I'll be watching.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 19 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 09:02 PM) *
Me too! Im more excited about this, than Jermaine Taylor. I'm sorry, but any guy that has had a brain bleed (Taylor), is definitely on grandfather time. Im not all that interested in seeing him "climb back into the ranks" due that serious injury, but hey, it's his career and it's boxing, so of course I'll be watching.

Same here. I'm the most interested in the James DeGale bout, but Lara/Hearns is definitely a must see.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 19 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 19 2012, 09:02 PM) *
Damn good weekend of fights and I gott squeeze in UFC 145 Evans/Jones! Good weekend!

Yup. Not an MMA fan, so I doubt that I'll watch that one. Got nothing against it, it just isn't my cup of tea.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 19 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 19 2012, 10:41 PM) *
Same here. I'm the most interested in the James DeGale bout, but Lara/Hearns is definitely a must see.

Couldn't agree more. Pretty good boxing weekend chunky Lara mares and moreno who look like their heading for a clash. Good lineup

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:07 AM