IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which Do You Feel Boxing Needs More, The Next Big Heavyweight Sensation or Better Officiating? [Poll Added]
Which Do You Feel Boxing Needs More?
You Choose
The Next Big Heavyweight Sensation [ 6 ] ** [50.00%]
Better Officiating (Commission, Judging, Referee) [ 6 ] ** [50.00%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Gambit808
post Apr 20 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Happy 4/20 for those that celebrate it, I'll Just get straight to the point because right now i'm so high it took me 20 mins just to type up to THIS POINT HERE (no lie)... The 2 main reasons responsible for the steady decrease of fan fare (not counting the recession), are being put up against one another to settle the score through fan voting for which occurrance they would rather see happen before the other to shake things up in the boxing world.

My Choice is Having the Next Big Heavyweight Sensation if i were to pick a resemblance of coarse i would have to go with the KO entertainment that Iron Mike Brought through the 80's and 90's.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Apr 21 2012, 06:08 AM
Post #2

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

One boxer exciting American HW can help revitalize the sport. But I voted for better oficiating and commisions. Boxing has become an off major network joke in a lot of people's eyes. And these retarded decisions and DQ's and commisions failing to perform drug tests needs to stop. Its depressing....

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 21 2012, 07:18 AM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Better Officiating, this is no debate.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Apr 21 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

I'd like to see a new heavyweight raise hell. If the question stemmed from the notion that boxing remains without that mainstream U.S. appeal we always hear about it having during the 70s and 80s, i'd say it has more to do with a lack of star athletes than it does ineffective officiating.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 21 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Oh no question about this question,

Better officiating is the answer! And making it better is NOT a move to open scoring or a change in how fights are scored. It's severe penalties for judges who show overt favoritism to a fighter. If there is a consensus that 75% or more believe a fight was scored so widely different than what the boxing world saw, the judges MUST appear before the commission or sanctioning body to explain their scores, and if their answers are not satisfactory they are indefinitely suspended.

But go one better:

ALL OFFICIALS MUST SIGN A RELEASE STATEMENT BEFORE THEY OFFICIATE BY THE COMMISSION THAT OUTLINES THE PENALTIES FOR EVIDENCE OF CORRUPTION. THE "CONTRACT" GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO A FAIR HEARING.

AND HOW ABOUT BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR JUDGES, REFEREES, PROMOTERS, AND SANCTIONING BODY REPS? The commission during any investigation of hideous judging should have the right to examine the assets, bank accounts, communications before the fight. And something within that contract waiver says that incriminating evidence can be used to prosecute officials who are proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have committed fraud or perjury in scoring a boxing contest or lying about their actions.

The point being that right now there are no serious consequences for bad officiating. These guys don't even get slaps on the wrist, a lot of times getting off scott-free.

Proof of corruption in an investigation has to be treated like a criminal offense. I wonder if law enforcement opened up the Bank Accounts of Top Rank officials and their house fighters, would they find incriminating evidence of thousands to millions of dollars changing hands as a back-bone to keep "their guy" unbeaten?

Close doors opening may reveal tons of shit. The problem is I don't know if most law enforcement agencies know enough about the sport, or what to look for to bring about a successful prosecution. Most political hacks don't know a thing about boxing.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 21 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Of the two, I'd pick better officiating, but bad officiating is just a symptom of the system that currently governs boxing. Jack's post is spot on and having a proper commission (not the WBCs of the world) would allow that type of system to be put in place and guarantee accountability.

Gambit, a bit belated, but right back at you brother.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 21 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

To keep it's fans, better officiating. To gain more fans, the next big heavyweight sensation.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Apr 22 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #8

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 22 2012, 12:00 AM) *
To keep it's fans, better officiating. To gain more fans, the next big heavyweight sensation.

well said - i wonder how many people get scared away from watching boxing because of its' chaotic organization and officiating

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2014 - 11:57 PM