IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd Mayweather: Speaking Out, Interviewed by Michael Eric Dyson - HBO tonight
Cshel86
post Apr 22 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Apr 22 2012, 01:06 AM) *
Interview was awful and the fact the Dyson quoted Jay Z I was further disgusted! Well that was a wasted opportunity oh well.

Leave this thread immediately...you wonder why this thread was recreated in the first place. Take your bullshit elsewhere honey, nobody missed you...

For somebody as dumb as you that listens to everything that people say, and runs with it (as fact), well, I'll leave it at that....

PS: You're STILL stupid...no matter how hard you try to not to be...Try again...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 22 2012, 12:40 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

DAMN! He saw his father sell drugs to his mother. Damn! That should at least be done behind closed doors...but, for your father to sell drugs to your mother, means that your moms had to be in the streets while pops was working. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 22 2012, 04:24 AM
Post #13

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

So as a whole, how was the interview ? I hope I'll get the chance to see it soon....

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Apr 22 2012, 06:15 AM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 22 2012, 04:24 AM) *
So as a whole, how was the interview ? I hope I'll get the chance to see it soon....

Overall the interview was decent. They touched base on some important issues. I was however a little dissapopinted in the 24/7. I will continue to watch, but both episodes have not got me anymore excited for the fight yet. And I understand that Cotto is close to his buddy, but sleeping with him and grabbing his ass is a little much in my opinion lol. I still like Cotto as a fan, but he shoulda avoided that.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 22 2012, 07:09 AM
Post #15

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

In my eyes, the second 24/7 was better than the first one. Floyd was a little bit more loud this time, which is something I look for in his 24/7. All in all, it's similar to the Marquez/Money May 24/7 in terms of mood. It's nothing like 24/7 with Hatton (best one imo) or DLHY but still interesting. I like 50 Cent in the camp and Ms. Jackson (Better half) actually looks not only beautiful, but as a smart lady as well. Good to see Floyd being cool with Floyd Sr. too.

Cotto sleeping with his buddy is nothing special as he simply didn't have anyone to sleep with at first. If they are comfortable with it, why not. I mean come on, Cotto has a bomb wife and I actually laughed when Miguel slapped a hoe..I mean Bryan. He slaps him all the time...its all fun. It's not like they are getting busy in there.

Can't wait to see the interview!!!

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Apr 22 2012, 11:34 AM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Down the line I expect a movie will be made about Floyd's life. It's definitely an interesting story about his childhood

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Apr 22 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #17

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

I haven't seen the 2nd 24/7 episode yet but the interview didn't enlighten me at all. Floyd shitted on Ortiz because people talk about him overcoming his past and now Floyd has been bringing up his past a lot lately.

My other issue is, Floyd sounds like a broken record. We know your father sold drugs and your mother was on crack. We know boxing was forced on you. We know you gamble gazillions of dollars. These topics he talks about in length but when asked about the case with the baby mama and Manny he didn't go too much in detail which is what I was waiting for. I wanted him to bring up his relationship with Top Rank as part of the reason for this fight not happening and speak more on the defamation case. Michael could have asked more questions as well, though he did a good job. Lastly, I forget the questions asked but Floyd answered a couple questions with answers that had nothing to do with the question. I was a lil disappointed but not totally. For someone who hasn't followed Floyd's career it was probably a more informative and intriguing interview though.

+Quote Post
haqtiq
post Apr 22 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #18

Amateur

Member No.: 13,586

QUOTE (Thickback @ Apr 22 2012, 01:12 PM) *
I haven't seen the 2nd 24/7 episode yet but the interview didn't enlighten me at all. Floyd shitted on Ortiz because people talk about him overcoming his past and now Floyd has been bringing up his past a lot lately.

My other issue is, Floyd sounds like a broken record. We know your father sold drugs and your mother was on crack. We know boxing was forced on you. We know you gamble gazillions of dollars. These topics he talks about in length but when asked about the case with the baby mama and Manny he didn't go too much in detail which is what I was waiting for. I wanted him to bring up his relationship with Top Rank as part of the reason for this fight not happening and speak more on the defamation case. Michael could have asked more questions as well, though he did a good job. Lastly, I forget the questions asked but Floyd answered a couple questions with answers that had nothing to do with the question. I was a lil disappointed but not totally. For someone who hasn't followed Floyd's career it was probably a more informative and intriguing interview though.

I agree, Floyd does say the same things over and over again, but then again he gets hit in the head for a living so he has lines pre-rehearsed and it's more simple to say the same thing. One of his favorite quotes that actually rubbed off on me is "Like I said before.....", he says that in just about every single interview or rant.

Don't get me wrong, Floyd is my guy, but his communication skills lack. The only time I really care what he's saying is when he's talking crap. He tends to get really creative then. Other than that, this interview was really Floyd, being Floyd.

Oh one other thing I did find out informative is his old best friend that he mentioned that got into selling drugs, I think this was the same guy that was at his early fights against Manfredy, Hernandez (both of them), and a few others. I never knew the dude died. I am pretty sure if you watch the walk-ins for Floyd's early career you'll see the guy, and eventually you don't see him in the walk-ins anymore.

This post has been edited by haqtiq: Apr 22 2012, 03:48 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 22 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

See I get corrupt judges and corrupt reporters but someone like Floyd could call them out on so much bullshit, like the brandon rios crap and top wank, am i expecting too much? Maybe but I expect veterans of the sport to speak out for the sport they claim to love.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 22 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

lol @ floyd speaking against corrupt judges

lets be real nobody gon beat floyd on the scorecards besides pacquiao

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:25 PM