IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd Mayweather: Speaking Out, Interviewed by Michael Eric Dyson - HBO tonight
Franchize
post May 2 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #41

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2012, 06:31 PM) *
ok...so floyd jr should at the very least give his pops props. i just watched an interview where he talks about his pops going to jail when he was 16...and how he was being invited to camps...and training with guys like frankie randall and pernell whitaker....at 17 and 18. where was roger for all of that? in the last 24/7 he talked about when he moved out to vegas and started working with roger. he was a finished product at that point. saying his talent is god given is all fine and dandy...but floyd sr is the one that delivered that talent to him from god. give the man his props. floyd jr would not be where he is with floyd sr.

He gave his pops props in the Dyson interview...kinda. :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 2 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 2 2012, 05:40 PM) *
He gave his pops props in the Dyson interview...kinda. :-)

i met floyd at the '03 national golden gloves. that was around the first well publicized fallout he and his father had. i also met his pops when he was working with panchito bojado in l.a. before that. i couldn't pass up on the photo op with floyd jr...so i went up to him and asked for the pic. very nice dude....super cordial....we laughed at my cheap stainless watch when he showed off his beautiful diamond embedded rolex. right before the pic was taken he said "yeah, get the picture with the only mayweathers that matter! the only champion mayweathers!" and i thought that was really not cool. i didn't know the whole story back then but still i thought it was wrong for him to air his dirty laundry in public like that so i let it be known in a discrete manner. i shook his hand, thanked him for the pic pulled him in for a hug and said..."that's not cool. at the end of the day...he's still ur pops...and ur still his son. don't do it like this." he gave me a look like no one had ever said that to him before. from the looks of things...i wonder. he has plenty of yes men around. there has to be one voice of reason in the bunch. floyd...whether he wants to accept it or not, is looked up to by plenty of youth. not just black youth either. so when he is publicly disrespecting his own father...the man who gave him boxing....what kind of message is he sending out? i love the man. i get the pain. just don't do it like this for the world to see...that's all i'm saying.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 2 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #43

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2012, 06:54 PM) *
i shook his hand, thanked him for the pic pulled him in for a hug and said..."that's not cool. at the end of the day...he's still ur pops...and ur still his son. don't do it like this."

C'mon Professor, PLEASE dont tell me you were one of those "village raising a child" type of old men. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Seriously though, I cant knock you for that man, there aren't many adults who care to talk to younger folks, even if they're only a few years younger.

With that said, the reason why is because there are 10x more younger people out here nowadays, that could give less than two shits about respect their elders, let alone, respect anybody else.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 2 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #44

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2012, 05:31 PM) *
ok...so floyd jr should at the very least give his pops props. i just watched an interview where he talks about his pops going to jail when he was 16...and how he was being invited to camps...and training with guys like frankie randall and pernell whitaker....at 17 and 18. where was roger for all of that? in the last 24/7 he talked about when he moved out to vegas and started working with roger. he was a finished product at that point. saying his talent is god given is all fine and dandy...but floyd sr is the one that delivered that talent to him from god. give the man his props. floyd jr would not be where he is with floyd sr.

he gave his father props

like i said, they should go their separate ways

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:08 AM