> May 5th: The night of the robbery?, Mayweather-Cotto/Alverez-Mosley
Hotsauce
post Apr 24 2012, 07:45 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 24 2012, 12:41 PM) *
He's fighting a HOF middleweight AT middleweight. If Cotto never had a chance, then the Manny fight is pointless also.

middleweight?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 24 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Either I wait till 4 am to watch this fight or lye in bed wait for the morning and fight hype will have the headline Mayweather dominates over the course of 12 rounds, and I have insomnia...

+Quote Post
BxHeavyhitta
post Apr 24 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #13

Amateur

Member No.: 13,638

Mosley is Gatekeeper status at this point. Short of a knockout there is now way he wins this fight. Even if he did who would he fight next? No ones buying a mayweather rematch, ditto for a pacquiao rematch. Forget Berto because if he beats Ortiz there will definitely be a trilogy. If Cotto beats Mayweather u know there's gonna be a rematch there.

Who's left? He'll just be cashing out against a much bigger Martinez and boxing fans will know that, and Chavez Jr. is on a quest to go 80-0-1 against B fighters. I cant see anything but a Canelo victory here.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 24 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (duwdu @ Apr 24 2012, 10:31 AM) *
Actually, nothing has happened to "unjustify" the notion that Mosley should be written off since the period just before his fight with Margarito. And no, Mosley's victory over Margarito, although a good one, should not and does not count for much, in my book. I say this because, the moment that handwrap atrocity by Margarito was discovered by Richardson just before the fight and the scandal broke, there was no way Margarito could have surmounted the resulting and towering psychological trauma and win the fight. Forget about Margarito's bravado on that night - or indeed any other night since. Mosley was, in my view, a very fortunate man indeed that night.

As it has since turned out, every subsequent fight since, has further cemented the notion that Mosley is no longer an elite fighter. I don't expect this to change in the course of Mosley's fight with [Canelo] Alvarez.

P34c3

Canelos chin is not hard to find. He got put down by a less than stellar puncher in Jose cotto. If he let's mosley build any sort of confidences ill say he will be in some trouble if mosley actually shows up trying to win... I know gpb is putting him in there as a stepping stone but what if mosley is looking at it as one last showing before he retires? Ya never know

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 25 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BxHeavyhitta @ Apr 24 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Forget Berto because if he beats Ortiz there will definitely be a trilogy.

Actually, if Berto beats Ortiz, then it wouldn't hurt him to fight Mosley (in the event that Mosley beats Alvarez). Look at it this way, how many HOFers does Berto have on his resume? *hear the crickets chirping?*

So, fighting Mosley AFTER he beats Alvarez would be perfect timing. This way, it "appears" that Mosley still has something in the tank, and has enough to take on some top B-level fighters...fighters like Berto of course. Berto will be "tested" by a HOFer who has one foot out of the door, but still has enough to compete.

Now, if Shane loses to Canelo, then Berto fighting him, would do him no favors.

QUOTE (BxHeavyhitta @ Apr 24 2012, 10:38 PM) *
He'll just be cashing out against a much bigger Martinez and boxing fans will know that, and Chavez Jr. is on a quest to go 80-0-1 against B fighters. I cant see anything but a Canelo victory here.

Martinez should have been pushing to face Mosley when the iron was still a bit hot...really around the time that Mosley fought Mora. That would have been my suggestion, but I guess money talked somewhere along the line. I believe the only reason Sergio moved up was for money fights and a MW title, and Im sure he could've still made 154.

I dont see Shane moving up to MW, probably not gonna happen. He mentioned a rematch with Margarito or Cotto, but that was last year. He can fight guys like Kirkland, Molina, but overall, you're right, there's not much at 54...maybe a Clottey fight. Not much money there...

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Apr 25 2012, 08:09 PM
Post #16

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 24 2012, 04:41 PM) *
He's fighting a HOF middleweight AT middleweight. If Cotto never had a chance, then the Manny fight is pointless also.

Since when were they fighting at middleweight, and i know its all opinion, but you honestly have cotto as a HOF fighter? I personally dont

+Quote Post
BxHeavyhitta
post Apr 25 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #17

Amateur

Member No.: 13,638

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Apr 25 2012, 09:09 PM) *
Since when were they fighting at middleweight, and i know its all opinion, but you honestly have cotto as a HOF fighter? I personally dont

Not sure about that. Terry Norris is in the HOF and if u match his and Cotto's credentials, Cotto's are a bit more favorable. Granted, Norris was a good fighter himself.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 26 2012, 05:24 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

yea i could see cotto making the HOF

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 08:42 PM