Reply to this topicStart new topic
> May 5th: The night of the robbery?, Mayweather-Cotto/Alverez-Mosley
Kratza
post Apr 23 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

I am really considering that there will be more than robbery on may 5th, if Shane Mosely wins in the fans eye's(I have him winning) i doubt the judges will see it the same way. Also, im starting to believe Miguel Cotto might just have what it takes to defeat Floyd Mayweather, or maybe its just the publicity getting to my head, but if Cotto does pull it out of the bag, i reallly believe Floyd will get the nod from the judges.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Apr 23 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Kratza @ Apr 23 2012, 10:44 AM) *
I am really considering that there will be more than robbery on may 5th, if Shane Mosely wins in the fans eye's(I have him winning) i doubt the judges will see it the same way. Also, im starting to believe Miguel Cotto might just have what it takes to defeat Floyd Mayweather, or maybe its just the publicity getting to my head, but if Cotto does pull it out of the bag, i reallly believe Floyd will get the nod from the judges.

Thoughts?

Cotto will have to hurt and finish Floyed... the only way he could remotely win. In the judges eyes AND IN REALITY.

Shane shines at moments like this. One thing is for sure, its an evenly matched fight. You can never count him out

With that said both victories would be earned fairly.

I wouldnt go as far as to call it "the night of the robbery", but rather the "night of the upsets"..

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 23 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Apr 23 2012, 01:15 PM) *
Cotto will have to hurt and finish Floyed... the only way he could remotely win. In the judges eyes AND IN REALITY.

Shane shines at moments like this. One thing is for sure, its an evenly matched fight. You can never count him out

With that said both victories would be earned fairly.

I wouldnt go as far as to call it "the night of the robbery", but rather the "night of the upsets"..

Mosley is done. Stick a fork in him.

Mayweather-Cotto might not actually be a robbery though. The robbery in reality is using these same old washed up former champions (Mosley, Cotto) rather than top contenders who deserve title shots. This is the problem with promoters not wanting to match fighters outside of their promoted house.

Tired of these has-beens on PPV for $60 prices. If this were 5-10 years ago for Shane and Miguel, fine. But why are we getting this shit at a $60 PPV price when we SHOULD be getting fights like Chavez Jr-Martinez. The crime is PPV for has-beens.

Floyd wins easily, around 117-112 (twice) and 116-112.

Alverez wins around 118-110 and 117-111 (twice)

There, and you don't have to pay $60 to find out.

Jack

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Apr 23 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

The cotto mayweather fight is a joke, he isnt beating floyd. This fight was a joke the day it was mentioned, the day it was signed and will be the day it happens, just another money grab by floyd against an opponent who couldnt beat him under any circumstances. never could, even before the marg fight.

There is only one fight out there for floyd, and both are not gonna make it happen.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 23 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I can see Shane getting fucked out of a decision (due to politics), but I cant picture that with Floyd or Miguel. If Shane wants to win this one, he will have to score a knockdown or two, and control every round. Either that, or he has to put the Notre Dame mascot on his ass for the night, but thats it.

As for Floyd and Miguel, I see this being fair all the way through. Floyd is supposed to win this fight, due to the mythical megafight that we've been fucked out of on several occasions. If Cotto were to mysteriously win on the cards, where would he go from here? This is the pinnacle for him, but he isn't the 2007 Cotto.

We've already seen him beaten by Manny and he (Manny) wont go up to 154, so no rematch. There's nobody out there bigger than Mayweather (for Cotto), and there's a bigger fight out there Mayweather (Manny), so that should tell you all you need to know.

I believe this will be a competitive fight, and Cotto may pull some shit and give Mayweather something to shove up his ass. Anything can happen in boxing, and my ass hurts from listening to people say that Cotto will get "Gatti'd" and so forth. Bullshit! Remember that one good punch tends to change everything...

Cotto wont go in there and lay down for anybody, and he never has. Mayweather has nothing to gain from this fight, so even if he goes out there and "Gatti's" Cotto...what does that prove? This will be more competitive because Floyd will show Cotto more respect than he did Ortiz.

Ortiz was doing good in his last fight, until he remembered that he was bitch...

+Quote Post
haqtiq
post Apr 23 2012, 11:05 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 13,586

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 23 2012, 10:41 PM) *
Ortiz was doing good in his last fight, until he remembered that he was bitch...

Both sections of that are classic Shel, Ortiz doing good by eating a plethora of straight right leads, and getting bubbled up, and then realizing.. Yanno.. this is horseshit, let me try something that might work *JUMPING DONKEY HEADBUTT TECHNIQUE*, FUCK, I wish the ref didn't see that!

Victor : I'm sorry Floyd *MUAH* I love you man!

Floyd : yea, yea it's ok *the nod before the 2piece* aaaaaand *2 PIECE TO THE BISCUIT TECHNIQUE*

Classic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 24 2012, 01:45 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (haqtiq @ Apr 24 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Both sections of that are classic Shel, Ortiz doing good by eating a plethora of straight right leads, and getting bubbled up, and then realizing.. Yanno.. this is horseshit, let me try something that might work *JUMPING DONKEY HEADBUTT TECHNIQUE*, FUCK, I wish the ref didn't see that!

Victor : I'm sorry Floyd *MUAH* I love you man!

Floyd : yea, yea it's ok *the nod before the 2piece* aaaaaand *2 PIECE TO THE BISCUIT TECHNIQUE*

Classic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Loving it..

If Shane actually goes in there with the balls to win he won't be looking for the scorecards. Alvarez has been dropped before and Shane has the speed and power to put him out(if he chooses to actually show up) remember a couple years back when people wrote him off?

Not saying he will but he can. Canelo ain't nothing special yet

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Apr 24 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #8

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 24 2012, 01:45 AM) *
Loving it..

If Shane actually goes in there with the balls to win he won't be looking for the scorecards. Alvarez has been dropped before and Shane has the speed and power to put him out(if he chooses to actually show up) remember a couple years back when people wrote him off?

Not saying he will but he can. Canelo ain't nothing special yet

Actually, nothing has happened to "unjustify" the notion that Mosley should be written off since the period just before his fight with Margarito. And no, Mosley's victory over Margarito, although a good one, should not and does not count for much, in my book. I say this because, the moment that handwrap atrocity by Margarito was discovered by Richardson just before the fight and the scandal broke, there was no way Margarito could have surmounted the resulting and towering psychological trauma and win the fight. Forget about Margarito's bravado on that night - or indeed any other night since. Mosley was, in my view, a very fortunate man indeed that night.

As it has since turned out, every subsequent fight since, has further cemented the notion that Mosley is no longer an elite fighter. I don't expect this to change in the course of Mosley's fight with [Canelo] Alvarez.

P34c3

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 24 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Apr 23 2012, 02:40 PM) *
The cotto mayweather fight is a joke, he isnt beating floyd. This fight was a joke the day it was mentioned, the day it was signed and will be the day it happens, just another money grab by floyd against an opponent who couldnt beat him under any circumstances. never could, even before the marg fight.

There is only one fight out there for floyd, and both are not gonna make it happen.

He's fighting a HOF middleweight AT middleweight. If Cotto never had a chance, then the Manny fight is pointless also.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 24 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 24 2012, 01:41 PM) *
If Cotto never had a chance, then the Manny fight is pointless also.

Shhhh...dont say that too loud...wold hate for you to rattle a Manny fan.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:11 PM