Closed TopicStart new topic
> Last minute predictions..., Dawson vs Hopkins
Cshel86
post Apr 23 2012, 09:29 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Geez...where have you num nutts been? Anybody been keeping up with the fight schedule, besides me? Shit...you'd thought the fight was cancelled by the looks of nobody bringing it up or at least bumping an old thread.

Anyway, it's fight week and as we all know, Chad and Bernard have unfinished business. It sucked ass the way the first fight ended, and shame that we had to wait this long to see if Bernard will ride off into the sunset, or if Dawson will stand there and stare at his opponent until crunch time comes.

Last minute predictions anyone? Sense a KO? TKO? Another bullshit ending?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BxHeavyhitta
post Apr 23 2012, 09:46 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,638

I dont know if its the promotion, outcome of the first fight, or maybe a little of both but no one is talking about this fight. They even had to resort to the "we're selling extra tickets" ploy to get butts in those seats. I predict Hopkins by UD, and due to the lack of demand this may be the last time Hopkins fights in the States.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 24 2012, 01:48 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Still think Hopkins loses. He looked tense the last time out and I think Dawson has some of the good kind of "bad" left in the tank. And ya never know how Hopkins will look coming back from injury at this age especially in a fight he didn't seem very motivated to be in

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 24 2012, 06:25 AM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

Dawson by UD.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 24 2012, 07:42 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Dawson by clear UD and maybe even a late round stoppage. No disrespect to Hopkins but as long as Dawson uses his obvious boxing talent, fights intelligently (keeps Hopkins off of him with the jab and whenever the chance is there, go to the body) and as said already with 'Bad' intentions I really do think that it'll be a wrap.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 24 2012, 08:21 AM
Post #6

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Sadly, I have had enough of Bernie. It's time for him to leave the sport imo. However, I am not counting him out just yet.

I think it will be a good fight, similar to the Pascal fight BUT with Chad on the wining side. By close UD or SD. It all depends on Chad's badness....

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Apr 24 2012, 08:41 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Dawson wins the fight easy, but the scorecards will prolly be tight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 24 2012, 09:16 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Hopkins is a crafty veteran, and Im sure he found out everything he needed to know in the first fight (just from 2 rounds of action). Im not sure Dawson learned anything from the first fight, other than the fact that he felt Bernard didn't want to fight.

The reason this rematch will be interesting is because Dawson may try to seize the moment in an aggressive manner, and try to jump on Bernard too early (and recklessly). With that in mind, Hopkins may capitalize on those possible mistakes that Chad would make out of aggression.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 24 2012, 09:20 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

i love watching hopkins fight and want him to win it, but the odds really seem stacked against him in this one, I think physically he's just out done, and although marquez showed us that timing counters speed in the third pac fight, I don't understand why people want him to retire, it's not like he's taken devastating losses like RJJ, maybe it's because his style is boring? I prefer watching him pick people apart. i think he can win a close fight even if "not so bad" chad shows up with his A game.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Apr 24 2012, 09:38 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Dawson with the stoppage! I believe it's the beginning of the end for Bernard.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:30 PM