IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Freddie, Freddie, Freddie....words (almost) fail me, Trying to get into the Bobfather's will?
Cheesey1
post Apr 24 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Freddie, Freddie, Freddie....shake my bloody head. Is the press getting to your head? What's up with the Holy Rank style character assasination? If I'm wrong then excuse me, but according to the paper trail, Ariza did get permission from his boss before he left.

Separate note, FH, I find it hard to easily navigate to the trainers blogs (I just found Ariza's blog and that's good stuff) and the FightHype.uk blog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Apr 24 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #2

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

EXTRA -> BLOG -> done.

Not really sure how much easier you want it to be. We feature articles from the blogs on the front page that link directly to them. Maybe we can add some link in the right hand column.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 24 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 24 2012, 03:52 PM) *
EXTRA -> BLOG -> done.

Not really sure how much easier you want it to be. We feature articles from the blogs on the front page that link directly to them. Maybe we can add some link in the right hand column.

Well when you put it that way I seem "developmentally challenged," thanks FH... But seriously, thanks for clarifying.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 24 2012, 04:43 PM

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 24 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #4

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

It's entirely disingenuous for Roach to say anything about people running after money, not when his fighters get minimal attention, unless you're Manny. Even Amir Khan has to fly out to the fucking Philippines to train properly. Lateef Kayode, Jorge Linares, Chavez Jr. and Peter Quillen don't get nearly the amount of attention that they need in these crucial early stages of their careers.

It's a terrible thing when a trainer's ego and favoritism gets in the way of his tutelage. In the same way that I scratch my head at people signing up for Don King Promotions, there should be no reason for any young fighter to sign with Roach, knowing that you'll hardly get the kind of training you need or want.

On top of that, Roach's boxers look good against a certain type of flat-footed fighter. Put these guys against either a slick fighter or someone who can take shots and keep coming and you have yourself a recipe for disaster.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 24 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 24 2012, 07:50 PM) *
It's entirely disingenuous for Roach to say anything about people running after money, not when his fighters get minimal attention, unless you're Manny. Even Amir Khan has to fly out to the fucking Philippines to train properly. Lateef Kayode, Jorge Linares, Chavez Jr. and Peter Quillen don't get nearly the amount of attention that they need in these crucial early stages of their careers.

It's a terrible thing when a trainer's ego and favoritism gets in the way of his tutelage. In the same way that I scratch my head at people signing up for Don King Promotions, there should be no reason for any young fighter to sign with Roach, knowing that you'll hardly get the kind of training you need or want.

On top of that, Roach's boxers look good against a certain type of flat-footed fighter. Put these guys against either a slick fighter or someone who can take shots and keep coming and you have yourself a recipe for disaster.

Yup.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:42 AM