Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV Numbers...Give it a Guess...
Cshel86
post Apr 25 2012, 08:19 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

How much do you guys think Cotto vs Mayweather will do? I've been hearing some numbers thrown around...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 25 2012, 08:21 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

IT would have done even better if a new fight didn't drop off the undercard every week but I say it does about 1.3

+Quote Post
thehype
post Apr 25 2012, 08:44 AM
Post #3

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

+Quote Post
haqtiq
post Apr 25 2012, 08:45 AM
Post #4

Amateur

Member No.: 13,586

All I know is I am buying it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 25 2012, 08:53 AM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Man I've been hearing 2M, but as far Im know, that shit is a stretch. Knowing that Pacquiao/Cotto did 1.4M and Manny was an even hotter commodity back then, tells me that this fight wont do 2M...which is a hard number to reach.

I would say that anything over 1.4M will do, simply because Floyd did 1.25M with Victor, and that was his (Victor's) first time headlining a PPV. Cotto has done decent numbers in the past, but nothing too big (other than the Pac fight). The only fight I see doing 2M is the fight that we'll never see...

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 25 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Im going to say easily 1.7 to 2 million buys, definitely a record setter. Not only because the Mayweather, or even cotto (which this fight by itself would prob get 1.4-1.5 million), but because of Canelo Alverez, he's the crazy variable, but Mexican fans love this dude and always see him fight, ...."his last against Ryan Rhodes in Guadalajara, Mexico, three months ago was viewed by almost 40 MILLION PEOPLE IN MEXICO". His fight with Mosely just isnt as serious as Mayweather/Cotto (on paper). i dont wanna just throw numbers out there, but with all the followings i easily see this breaking records

(Mayweather + Cotto)+ Alverez=$$$$$$

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 25 2012, 10:11 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2012, 09:53 AM) *
Man I've been hearing 2M, but as far Im know, that shit is a stretch. Knowing that Pacquiao/Cotto did 1.4M and Manny was an even hotter commodity back then, tells me that this fight wont do 2M...which is a hard number to reach.

I would say that anything over 1.4M will do, simply because Floyd did 1.25M with Victor, and that was his (Victor's) first time headlining a PPV. Cotto has done decent numbers in the past, but nothing too big (other than the Pac fight). The only fight I see doing 2M is the fight that we'll never see...

One thing that will boost the numbers is that you have a Mexican, a Puerto Rican, a popular black guy and a hated black guy. Would have been great if the initial proposed undercard fights like Quillin vs Wright, Paulie vs the Ghost, Vargas vs Gomez were still on the card. You'd almost surely get every diehard fight fan that likes to watch the up and coming prospects. I still want to see how Lattimore looks as he gets continues to mesh with Jeff.

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Apr 25 2012, 10:45 AM
Post #8

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

They are pushing this fight pretty hard. Also, Floyd is creating extra interests with open sparring sessions and that wack ass Mayweather speaks out interview. So Imma say between 1.6-1.8. But I wonder how they will count the movie theater tickets????

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 25 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 25 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Im going to say easily 1.7 to 2 million buys, definitely a record setter.

You dont think that 2M is a bit far-fetched? I mean Cotto's an attraction, but I dont know. If I remember correctly, the Cotto/Pacquiao card had Chavez Jr., Yuri Foreman, Soto-Karass and Gomez on it, and it only did 1.4M. The rest of your post supports that 1.7M, but 2M?!

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 25 2012, 11:11 AM) *
One thing that will boost the numbers is that you have a Mexican, a Puerto Rican, a popular black guy and a hated black guy. Would have been great if the initial proposed undercard fights like Quillin vs Wright, Paulie vs the Ghost, Vargas vs Gomez were still on the card. You'd almost surely get every diehard fight fan that likes to watch the up and coming prospects. I still want to see how Lattimore looks as he gets continues to mesh with Jeff.

I actually enjoy this card more than his last card. We get...

Vargas vs TBA - WTF happened to Gomez?

Latimore vs Quitana - Carlos aint no bitch, so we'll see

Alvarez vs Mosley - Im more pumped about this one...

Cotto vs Mayweather - more of an event than a highly anticipated fight (as it was years ago)

To me, this is worth $70, and that's from a hardcore fan. Of course, us hardcore fans want cards that are stacked, but us hardcore fans know that we dont always get what we want in boxing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) You have to take the good with the bad, and sometimes the bad ends up being the good highlight of the night.

Now, if Vargas/Gomez and Latimore/Quitana was a doubleheader on ShowBox or HBo, then I'd tune in. Would I pay for Alvarez vs Mosley? More than likely not, but curiosity would probably get the best of me.

Would I want to order Cotto vs Mayweather even more if I knew that Alvarez/Mosley was the co-main event? Hell yeah. NOW...if somebody told you that these fights are garbage and you're a fool for even tuning in, then chances are...you've just been bashed by a casual fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 25 2012, 01:31 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i don't typically support ppv cards. i think they are what has helped diminish viewership for boxing. however, this match up is ppv worthy imo. i think it will do well because real fight fans know this is going to be a real test for floyd. real tests usually bring out the best in him. it's been a very long time coming. unfortunately, after this fight....and pac/bradley....the mustard will be off the hot dog. floyd/pac isn't going to be ppv worthy after bradley gets through with pac.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:27 AM