> PPV Numbers...Give it a Guess...
Hotsauce
post Apr 25 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2012, 11:01 AM) *
You dont think that 2M is a bit far-fetched? I mean Cotto's an attraction, but I dont know. If I remember correctly, the Cotto/Pacquiao card had Chavez Jr., Yuri Foreman, Soto-Karass and Gomez on it, and it only did 1.4M. The rest of your post supports that 1.7M, but 2M?!

I actually enjoy this card more than his last card. We get...

Vargas vs TBA - WTF happened to Gomez?

Latimore vs Quitana - Carlos aint no bitch, so we'll see

Alvarez vs Mosley - Im more pumped about this one...

Cotto vs Mayweather - more of an event than a highly anticipated fight (as it was years ago)

To me, this is worth $70, and that's from a hardcore fan. Of course, us hardcore fans want cards that are stacked, but us hardcore fans know that we dont always get what we want in boxing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) You have to take the good with the bad, and sometimes the bad ends up being the good highlight of the night.

Now, if Vargas/Gomez and Latimore/Quitana was a doubleheader on ShowBox or HBo, then I'd tune in. Would I pay for Alvarez vs Mosley? More than likely not, but curiosity would probably get the best of me.

Would I want to order Cotto vs Mayweather even more if I knew that Alvarez/Mosley was the co-main event? Hell yeah. NOW...if somebody told you that these fights are garbage and you're a fool for even tuning in, then chances are...you've just been bashed by a casual fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

its vargas vs forbes now
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 25 2012, 05:41 PM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

I got a couple of friends coming over my house to watch it. Last ppv I bought was Margarito vs Cotto 2 and I wasn't happy with it.
I liked the Barrera vs JMM pay per view for my dollars the most.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 25 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Won't do no better than 1.4m

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Apr 25 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #14

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 25 2012, 07:01 PM) *
Won't do no better than 1.4m

I'm going 1.8.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 25 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #15

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I'm gonna go 1.5-1.6 for the following reasons:

1. Floyd vs TBA does 1M buys, so adding Cotto.....

2. PRs will be supporting Cotto

3. People tune in to see Floyd (deep down most KNOW he likely won't) lose

4. It's Cinco de Mayo, so Mexicans fans will buy anything remotely associated w/ a fight on that wknd.

5. People are foolishly still following and comparing the May vs. Pac mythical saga.

I don't see 2M coming outta this fight.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 25 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #16

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I think the fight does around 1.3 MM. It's a conservative estimate, but I just think breaking the 1.4 MM mark is beyond this fight card.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 25 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #17

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

lol ok simple logic for my 1.7-2M ppv logic

Floyd- easily makes 1M per fight now. He has been putting up numbers, and though i would say it was also because of the other fighters followings, the numbers against ortiz were pretty good....honestly i just like watching him fight, i appreciate the technical skill. And most other fight fans do to. (1 million)

Cotto- As a puertorican champion, cotto has fans, a good amount, he put up numbers against margacheato. not million ppv contributes, but a solid (500k)

this fight alone would have been 1.5 million with just these 2. ......but we also gotta rememeber the fight does have an undercard with actual important fighters this time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) , well atleast for half

Alvarez- The new rising mexican star, home boy has a WHOLE COUNTRY FOLLOWING, boxing is a popular sport in mexico, thats why JCC Jr is so popular too. He had a fight that veiwed by 40 MILLION PEOPLE!! what!!! thats more than every state i think lol. So if outta his mexican fans, even a few buy it, im easily seeing ATLEAST (1 million)...i wanna say 2 million

Mosely- ehhhh anyone i see buying the fight for him would also be buying the fight for the other 3 but just because its my nigga mosely ill just throw in an extra (100k)...ill let this number contribute to the rest of the undercard for the sake of my argument

1million + 1million + 500K +100K= 2,600,000 ppv buys..Minimum................HAHA if Mayweather vs De la Hoya did 2.45 million what makes you think this cant do better. mayweather is bigger , cotto is bigger, and so is canelo....My nigga money may had this planned out from the jump. Just think about it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 26 2012, 08:35 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 26 2012, 12:43 AM) *
1million + 1million + 500K +100K= 2,600,000 ppv buys..Minimum................HAHA if Mayweather vs De la Hoya did 2.45 million what makes you think this cant do better. mayweather is bigger , cotto is bigger, and so is canelo....

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/Seriously2.png)

You CANT be serious about this bogus number that you put out there man, seriously. Mayweather does strong numbers, but Im sure his opponents have something to do with it. Cotto does decent numbers, but the highest that he ever did, was with Pacquiao.

Hell, Im not even sure if Cotto's last fight did 1M buys. Now, if Cotto were to have beaten Margs in the first fight, and gave Pacquiao shit or beat him, then him going into this fight undefeated, would be a big thing.

I dont see anything other than the "biggest fight that will never happen" topping Mayweather/De La Hoya, possibly. You have to look at this from a casual fan's view...and honestly, between Canelo and Mosley...Mosley's more known than Canelo.

Yeah Canelo may have al of these viewers, but veiwers and buyers are two different things. I will say that 2.6M or more people may be watching this card on May 5th, but I cant say that 2.6M people will buy it.

Hell, Chavez Jr. has MANY viewers (just as many as Canelo), but if both of these guy were to headline their own PPV cards tomorrow, those buys wouldn't be so huge. The casual fan will watch on May 5th and ask, "Dang, who is this redheaded kid fighting Shane?"...not the other way around, so that 500k for Canelo and that 100k for Mosley is all backwards.

I know that some guys are excited about this fight, but let's not put too much mustard on it. A fight that's looking to break records (especially 2M and up) is going to be promoted like crazy.

Not saying that this fight hasn't been promoted well, but Mayweather/Del La Hoya was pushed HARD, I mean I couldn't turn a corner or scratch my ass without seeing an advertisement for it.

This fight will do good, but 2.6M is waaay out there...

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 26 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #19

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

1.55 or 1.6

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 26 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 26 2012, 08:35 AM) *
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/Seriously2.png)

You CANT be serious about this bogus number that you put out there man, seriously. Mayweather does strong numbers, but Im sure his opponents have something to do with it. Cotto does decent numbers, but the highest that he ever did, was with Pacquiao.

Hell, Im not even sure if Cotto's last fight did 1M buys. Now, if Cotto were to have beaten Margs in the first fight, and gave Pacquiao shit or beat him, then him going into this fight undefeated, would be a big thing.

I dont see anything other than the "biggest fight that will never happen" topping Mayweather/De La Hoya, possibly. You have to look at this from a casual fan's view...and honestly, between Canelo and Mosley...Mosley's more known than Canelo.

Yeah Canelo may have al of these viewers, but veiwers and buyers are two different things. I will say that 2.6M or more people may be watching this card on May 5th, but I cant say that 2.6M people will buy it.

Hell, Chavez Jr. has MANY viewers (just as many as Canelo), but if both of these guy were to headline their own PPV cards tomorrow, those buys wouldn't be so huge. The casual fan will watch on May 5th and ask, "Dang, who is this redheaded kid fighting Shane?"...not the other way around, so that 500k for Canelo and that 100k for Mosley is all backwards.

I know that some guys are excited about this fight, but let's not put too much mustard on it. A fight that's looking to break records (especially 2M and up) is going to be promoted like crazy.

Not saying that this fight hasn't been promoted well, but Mayweather/Del La Hoya was pushed HARD, I mean I couldn't turn a corner or scratch my ass without seeing an advertisement for it.

This fight will do good, but 2.6M is waaay out there...

lmao dude on that stuff

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:57 AM