Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV Numbers...Give it a Guess...
Cheesey1
post Apr 26 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

The reasons already laid out by other posters as to why this will probably do at least 1.5MM PPVs will probably be proven right, but who knows...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 26 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #22

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I did some research and had some interesting findings. The Pacquiao - Cotto fight had Chavez Jr. and Foreman on it. It allegedly did 1.25 MM buys (although the Bobfather is notorious for inflating numbers).

In any event, with Mayweather vs. Cotto, and Canelo vs. Sweet N' Low Mosley, this fight should beat that mark, although the closer you get to 1.4 and 1.5, the harder it gets to actually breaking those barriers.

Is it conceivable that it might cross 1.5 MM buys ? Sure.

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Apr 28 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #23

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,998

1.26 million.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2012, 01:44 AM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

1.i-don't-give-a-fuck-i'm-not-getting-a-check-from-this-shit-anyway-million. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

seriously....boxing is the only sport where fans try to predict ppv buys. are we that brainwashed!?!?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 1 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 1 2012, 02:44 AM) *
1.i-don't-give-a-fuck-i'm-not-getting-a-check-from-this-shit-anyway-million. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

seriously....boxing is the only sport where fans try to predict ppv buys. are we that brainwashed!?!?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

It's also one of the only sports on PPV

I think one thing that might push people away from buying is how surprisingly dull the 24/7 has been for this fight. Cotto is boooooooring lol. If I see him cry or wear a something bright pink or slap Brian on the ass again...I'm gonna have to call a spade a spade lmao (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 1 2012, 01:09 PM) *

I think one thing that might push people away from buying is how surprisingly dull the 24/7 has been for this fight. Cotto is boooooooring lol. If I see him cry or wear a something bright pink or slap Brian on the ass again...I'm gonna have to call a spade a spade lmao (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

cotto is boring outside the ring but actually, i find floyds and 50's bro-mance a lot more annoying. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i don't think a good fight needs to be sold. all the shit talking in the world isn't going to make me any more excited than i am already.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 1 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #27

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 1 2012, 01:14 PM) *
cotto is boring outside the ring but actually, i find floyds and 50's bro-mance a lot more annoying. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i don't think a good fight needs to be sold. all the shit talking in the world isn't going to make me any more excited than i am already.

Well you're better than me because I was suckered into thinking David Gay vs Vladimir Klinchhold was going to be a good fight simply because of the faceoff

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 1 2012, 12:17 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 1 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 1 2012, 01:09 PM) *

Cant forgot about WWE, because they've done some decent numbers. Oh wait, WWE aint a sport. My bad...

As for the 24/7, it has declined a bit, but we can place the majority of that on Cotto. As a matter of fact, we cant even blame him, because we knew he was boring before the fight was signed, and according to his past 24/7 segments.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 1 2012, 01:14 PM) *

The bromance is getting out of hand, seriously. Oh yeah, can somebody tell Ellerbe that his goatee isn't cool.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 1 2012, 01:17 PM) *
Well you're better than me because I was suckered into thinking David Gay vs Vladimir Klinchhold was going to be a good fight simply because of the faceoff

not really. i was suckered in as well. i just learned my lesson in that one! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) @ klinchhold

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 1 2012, 01:55 PM) *
Cant forgot about WWE, because they've done some decent numbers. Oh wait, WWE aint a sport. My bad...

As for the 24/7, it has declined a bit, but we can place the majority of that on Cotto. As a matter of fact, we cant even blame him, because we knew he was boring before the fight was signed, and according to his past 24/7 segments.

The bromance is getting out of hand, seriously. Oh yeah, can somebody tell Ellerbe that his goatee isn't cool.

what's wrong with goatees? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:13 PM