IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Funny comments commentators makin during fights., Heard some classics you'd like to share?
mrwigi
post Apr 25 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,421

Larry Merchant saying Lennox drowned in Oceans 11 after getting knocked out by Rahman.

Cant forget my man Harold... Hes gotta tell ya something.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 25 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

"larry merchant...u don't know shit about boxing!!! hbo should fire ur ass!!!!"

well...he wasn't a commentator...and there was more truth to the statement than anything...but i found it funny. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 25 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #13

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I think it was during the PPV closed-circut telecast of Hearns-Roldan with Halgler, Gil Clancy, and Tim Ryan commentating. They were in-between fights, and Hagler, obviously unaware that his mic was turned on, asked the crew "If he could run to the mens-room real quick!" LOL!

I think it was on that same card, with Willaim-Czyz I, they were interviewing Prince Charles Williams after his great fight with Czyz, and as Charles was talking, his trainer came in to take out his mouthpiece and that came out along with his false teeth! LOL! Williams kept on talking, and the trainer put the Prince's teeth back in his mouth like nothing happened! CLASSIC!

Jack

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 25 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #14

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 25 2012, 03:07 PM) *
I think it was during the PPV closed-circut telecast of Hearns-Roldan with Halgler, Gil Clancy, and Tim Ryan commentating. They were in-between fights, and Hagler, obviously unaware that his mic was turned on, asked the crew "If he could run to the mens-room real quick!" LOL!

I think it was on that same card, with Willaim-Czyz I, they were interviewing Prince Charles Williams after his great fight with Czyz, and as Charles was talking, his trainer came in to take out his mouthpiece and that came out along with his false teeth! LOL! Williams kept on talking, and the trainer put the Prince's teeth back in his mouth like nothing happened! CLASSIC!

Jack

That, in itself, is PPV-worthy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

+Quote Post
bMaK
post Apr 25 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #15

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,682

"Joe Louis famously said, 'you can run, but you can't hide.' Mayweather is running, hiding, and hitting." - Larry Merchant, Mayweather vs. Corrales.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 29 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Anytime RJJ commentates a fight, there's always room for something comical to be said. He was funny when he called Morales/Pacquiao 1, simply because he wasn't sold on Manny and he checked Larry's ass during the fight.

Another one where RJJ had those funny moments is during the FMJ/Gatti fight and the Kirkland/Angulo bout. Anybody remember Roy during the Donaire/Navaez fight? "Ohh, he done PISSED Donaire off"!

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 29 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Beginning of Pacquiao-Marquez III, when Lampley is announcing Pacquiao's accomplishments. The exaggeration and tone he put into was too funny to me, "He WALKED RIGHT THROUGH SHANE MOSLEY!!"

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 29 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 29 2012, 09:35 PM) *
Beginning of Pacquiao-Marquez III, when Lampley is announcing Pacquiao's accomplishments. The exaggeration and tone he put into was too funny to me, "He WALKED RIGHT THROUGH SHANE MOSLEY!!"

Hell yeah! Didn't Lampley say that Pacquiao "move up to 154" to fight Clottey? Shit, he fought Clottey at 147, not 154. Lampley was WAAAY too excited. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 30 2012, 12:20 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 29 2012, 09:35 PM) *

There was a point in that fight where he said Manny landed a combination in the middle rounds that was his best of the fight. Manny was the one who got hit lmao and hit hard.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 30 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Teddy atlas this last Friday. I loved it he blasted bob arum..

And I think he had money on the main event, he mentioned the odds and everything. Then when the ko came he went nuts!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:36 PM