> Tarver's Still the Man!!!, Quadruple-Header in Play for June 2nd
Cshel86
post Apr 26 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

(Tarver's portion starts at 5:15)

Im getting a bit excited about this fight, as well as the Quillin/Wright fight (which will be on the card). Cant forget to mention Austin Trout vs Delvin Rodriguez and Santa Crus vs Maligna on the card too.

So yes, this is a quadruple header! I'm hoping that all of it will be televised. I didn't like Antonio Tarver for a while after he Ko'd RJJ, but you gotta love this guy when he talks trash and perform in the ring.

Check it out!

PS: A Starfleet translator may be needed for Kayode's portion in the beginning. The video has "meltdown" in the title, but that may be referring to Kayode's accent or the viewer's mood when listening to it (your choice). Very interesting though...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 26 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 26 2012, 12:16 PM) *

(Tarver's portion starts at 5:15)

Im getting a bit excited about this fight, as well as the Quillin/Wright fight (which will be on the card). Cant forget to mention Austin Trout vs Delvin Rodriguez and Santa Crus vs Maligna on the card too.

So yes, this is a quadruple header! I'm hoping that all of it will be televised. I didn't like Antonio Tarver for a while after he Ko'd RJJ, but you gotta love this guy when he talks trash and perform in the ring.

Check it out!

PS: A Starfleet translator may be needed for Kayode's portion in the beginning. The video has "meltdown" in the title, but that may be referring to Kayode's accent or the viewer's mood when listening to it (your choice). Very interesting though...

Tarver has earned 100% of my respect, even though as you said, he was public enemy #1 in my book after he beat RJ Jr. Will he beat Kayode? Dunno, probably.
I''m much, much more interested in the Trout/Rodriguez bout! Then the Quillin\Wright match.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 26 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

When is this card?

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 26 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 26 2012, 12:46 PM) *
When is this card?

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

Saturday, May 25th. The Ring Magazine site always has a great schedule that is also linked on Yahoo.

My favorite moment was, "When you're in there by yourself and Freddie Roach cain't do anything but hand you some water, you're gonna find out that it's completely different".

Classic !

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 26 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

It actually airs on June 2...

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 26 2012, 01:04 PM) *
My favorite moment was, "When you're in there by yourself and Freddie Roach cain't do anything but hand you some water, you're gonna find out that it's completely different".

That line did it for me!

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 26 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #6

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

My bad...they have it listed there twice for some reason and I ran with the first one by mistake. June 2nd it is.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 26 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

tarver went to australia at 40 plus and wins cruiser weight title... people were shitting on him relative to being a hall of fame candidate and even said that Kosta Tszu was more deserving than he to be in hall??? LMAO... love or hate him Tarver has some good accomplishments and is headed to the hall.. Still can punch to...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i've always been a tarver fan. i followed him since the amateurs and actually met him the day he called out roy jones at the jones/ruiz fight. i love his confidence. he's a great commentator. i'll be rooting for him when he fights kayode. it won't be an easy task....but i think he can get the job done. kayode is crude...and lacks skill. i have been in the gym watching him do his thing in the past and saw all that tarver commented on. we'll see if tarver still has the ability to capitalize on his mistakes.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 26 2012, 03:20 PM

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 26 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Although Tarver did catch Roy in the right time in his career, I somehow grew to like the guy anyway. Some of his performances were sluggish (vs. Hopkins) but lately, he seems solid. I'll be rooting for him as well !! I can imagine him calling fights for living after hes done with boxing...

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 27 2012, 02:26 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

lol I'm pretty sure Tarver is still satisfied as the first man to not only beat Roy Jones but to knock him out. Interesting that they both do commentary except for separate rival networks.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 02:08 PM