IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weekend in Boxing: Fully Loaded- FNF, HBO, SHO, Hopkins/Dawson, Sillakh, Malignaggi, HW Contender
Cheesey1
post Apr 26 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

UPDATED - now includes Paulie 'Magic Man' Malignaggi

Definitely a fully loaded weekend of boxing! As always, this isn't everything that's on this weekend.

A lot of light heavyweight matches. A division that I like because 175lbers can be very strong, can have insane technical ability and still be very fast. Same thing for 168lbrs, but lt. heavy's are obviously stronger.

FRIDAY:
International-
Tony 'Bomber' Bellew vs. Danny 'The Big Mac' McIntosh @ 175lbs - Even though McIntosh is the Big Mac, I think that Tony Bellew's the big name in this one. I'm not such a fan of Bellew's and think that if Cleverly fought him again, he'd beat him even more convincingly. Nonethless, Bellew/McIntosh should be an entertaining scrap.

FNF-
Ismayl Sillakh vs. Denis 'the Pirate' Grachev @ 175lbs - I'm a big fan of Sillakh's. His well balanced and punishing win over the promising young Cuban boxer, Yordanis Despaigne, on FNF was an eye opener. Don't know much about Grachev, but he's undefeated and Syllakh should not look past him.

Javier 'el Abejon' Fortuna vs. Yuandale 'Money Shot' Evans @ 130lbs - Both guys are undefeated. Someone's '0' has got to go!

SHO-
Thomas 'Tommy Gun' Oosthuizen vs. Marcus 'Too Much' Johnson @ 168lbs - The undefeated South African takes on the one defeat having Marcus Johnson.

Luis 'Orlandito' Del Valle vs. Christopher 'S.D. Kid' Martin @ 122lbs - This division was highlighted in last weekend's boxing (with these small guys, until they get to 135, for me they're almost all in the same divsion). Del Valle's undefeated, Martin's got one loss.

Joe 'the Future' Hanks vs. Marcus 'the Regulator' Rhode@ HW - Joe 'the Future' Hanks is young and undefeated. Rhode is either the sacrificial lamb, or a veteran test - more likely the lamb to the slaughter (or the spoiler).

SATURDAY:
HBO-
Bernard 'the Executioner' Hopkins vs. 'Bad' Chad Dawson @ 175lbs - A rematch that should have fight fans interested. I know that I am.

Seth 'Mayhem' Mitchell vs. Chazz "the Gentleman' Witherspoon @ HW - Mitchell's the 'establishment' guy and Witherspoon's planning on raining on that parade. Could be a solid HW match!

SUNDAY:
Integrated Sports PPV - 1PM ET
Vyacheslav Senchenko vs. Paulie 'Magic Man' Malignaggi @ 147lbs - Senchenko's undefeated, but the question is what was the quality of opposition and we all know that Paulie's been in there with some top names. Can Paulie make Brooklyn as proud as Zab Judah recently did?

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 26 2012, 10:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 26 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Nice review.

Ismayl Sillakh vs. Denis 'the Pirate' Grachev

this and

Bernard 'the Executioner' Hopkins vs. 'Bad' Chad Dawson

got me interested, but other than that...meh.
I am really hoping to see Dawson whooping Bernard's ass. But ironically, I am not rooting for any of the two I would just love to see that. Realistically, I see Dawson do the same thing to Hopkins, that Taylor did. Dawson has yet to reach his full potential, hes got some nice skills and it would be great if he broke through in this fight.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 26 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 26 2012, 06:20 PM) *
Nice review.

Ismayl Sillakh vs. Denis 'the Pirate' Grachev

this and

Bernard 'the Executioner' Hopkins vs. 'Bad' Chad Dawson

got me interested, but other than that...meh.
I am really hoping to see Dawson whooping Bernard's ass. But ironically, I am not rooting for any of the two I would just love to see that. Realistically, I see Dawson do the same thing to Hopkins, that Taylor did. Dawson has yet to reach his full potential, hes got some nice skills and it would be great if he broke through in this fight.

Thanks.

Yup, I agree, those are the two top matches. I think that Dawson will do a better job against BHop than Taylor did, partially because BHop will definitely show some of his age, but I think that Dawson could finally live up to expectations (no pressure Chad..).

I'm hoping that Seth Mitchell vs. Chazz Witherspoon is interesting and that British bout could be interesting. Haha, I don't get out much, so I've definitely got a Friday afternoon to spare to watch it.

I'm happy with this weekend as a first course to the main course that's coming next weekend.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 26 2012, 07:06 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 27 2012, 02:18 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I'm expecting Malignaggi to make Brooklyn proud. I'm also expecting Hopkins to get away with a tight decision. Dawson will start off strong, but he won't be able to control the later fight.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 27 2012, 03:18 AM) *
I'm expecting Malignaggi to make Brooklyn proud. I'm also expecting Hopkins to get away with a tight decision. Dawson will start off strong, but he won't be able to control the later fight.

I don't think that I've ever seen Senchenko, but an Italian American vs. a Russian (Ukrainian) has Brooklyn written all over it.... Maybe I'll watch some of Senchenko's bouts on YouTube, but on the surface, yeah, I don't see any reason not to pick 'the Magic Man.'

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Bellew did the business against McIntosh. I only saw the last two rounds. Still not impressed by Bellew, but if he gets a match against a top light heavy, I'll watch him again.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

FNF is on and poppin.' Too lazy to create a separate thread.

ESPN's douchey announcer (not Sesame Street) just had to mention that FM was going to jail after the Cotto bout. Nice.

Alright, here we go, it's battle of the '0's!!!

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 27 2012, 09:09 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Ding ding:

Damn!!! I didn't even finish typing my rd by rd!

I thought that Evans was actually ahead and then bam!!!!!!!

I'd watch a rematch with these guys. I think that Evans will be smarter the next time around, but congrats to Fortuna.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 27 2012, 09:15 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2012, 09:17 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

First the KO in the Bellew bout, then this. So far so great!

When (if) Dawson beats BHop tomorrow, I think that he can be a good champion. As Teddy said as long as Bad Chad uses the jab and controls distance, it's a wrizap.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 27 2012, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Alright, some filler boxing action here. Didn't catch their names. It's a 4 rounder, so maybe time to walk to the fridge.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 05:19 AM