IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weekend in Boxing: Fully Loaded- FNF, HBO, SHO, Hopkins/Dawson, Sillakh, Malignaggi, HW Contender
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Rd. 5. Del Valle hasn't really hurt Martin, but I've got him ahead.

Nope, he hurt him there - rd. 7.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 27 2012, 11:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

The more I pay attention to it, the boxing hall of fame definitely seems to be another example of this problem in boxing where the guys outside of the ring get as much press as the guys inside of the ring, which is ridiculous.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Apr 28 2012, 08:41 AM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

8th round is pretty good

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2012, 01:05 AM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Aw damn Cheesey, I feel like shit for not being in this thread this evening. It was "one of those" Friday nights where anything goes...needless to say, I got caught up this time.

I have the fights recorded, so i'll watch them in the morning...looks like I missed out...especially for the first bout.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 28 2012, 08:40 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 02:05 AM) *
Aw damn Cheesey, I feel like shit for not being in this thread this evening. It was "one of those" Friday nights where anything goes...needless to say, I got caught up this time.

I have the fights recorded, so i'll watch them in the morning...looks like I missed out...especially for the first bout.

No problem. Nice one on the fun Friday night. I'm on the inside looking out, lockdown's a biatch...

It was a boxing marathon for me yesterday. I started with the Bellew match at 4/5. I dozed off a bit during ShoBox, but Oosthuizen looked decent as did Del Valle. Oosthuizen's in a deep division that might be too much for him and Del Valle's still a youngster, but their opponents weren't bums so good wins for both of them.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2012, 09:54 AM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 28 2012, 09:40 AM) *
No problem. Nice one on the fun Friday night. I'm on the inside looking out, lockdown's a biatch...

It was a boxing marathon for me yesterday. I started with the Bellew match at 4/5. I dozed off a bit during ShoBox, but Oosthuizen looked decent as did Del Valle. Oosthuizen's in a deep division that might be too much for him and Del Valle's still a youngster, but their opponents weren't bums so good wins for both of them.

Yeah they got me last night, but not tonight...I dont miss too many fights. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Then reading this thread with round by round action, really makes me wish I didn't miss it...thank God for DVR.

I haven't missed a fight since the Martinez/Macklin fight, but before that...it had a WHILE. I'll catch up on these bouts later...gotta shake off last night's festivities.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 28 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Damn FNF was nice. What's up with Martinez trainer? That guy is on a roll! It seems like all of his fighters look great! Fortuna sparked that dude up, and that guy looked like he had some talent.

Smh sillakh

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 28 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 28 2012, 03:08 PM) *
Damn FNF was nice. What's up with Martinez trainer? That guy is on a roll! It seems like all of his fighters look great! Fortuna sparked that dude up, and that guy looked like he had some talent.

Smh sillakh

Yeah, Sillakh played himself, big time. He was beating the snot out of Grachev, but messed up by not going to the body at all and obviously not protecting himself properly. Nonetheless, Grachev proved that isn't all about technique, although Sillakh lost because he didn't properly apply his technique.

FNF definitely lived up to billing, but it'll have to be watched with mute on from now on, except for when Teddy's speaking (Joe Tessitore too).

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 28 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #29

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

Finally watched Hopkins vs Dawson I. In a word: hilarious! Smh. Oh the drama. But it really has me psyched now for the fight tonight. And I couldn't get myself interested in watching the first fight until now, so this is saying a lot!

I'm a fan of Bernard Hopkins, man and fighter (though his style is an ugly masterpiece, his brilliance is undeniable in my book). Chad Dawson on the other hand has been a great disappointment. Soooooo much talent and skill...yet no fire or ring intellect. He's a simple machine. Anyway, I admit my bias, but I don't think X was faking the injury...I do think he could have continued had he been given the choice, however.

Anyway, I'm actually excited now, because with all the back and forth and now legitimate 'bad blood', I think (hope) Dawson comes out aggressive and shows us something new and makes it an exciting fight. My expectation is that Bernard saw and felt all he needed to in those couple rounds to figure out how to nullify Dawson's strengths. So I'm picking X by SD.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Dammit! Those hooks by Fortuna are a sure as shit way for somebody to meet their maker. He floored Evans! I wish Evans would have just taken a knee after his glove touched the canvas, though the ref didn't rule it a knockdown for some God awful reason. Whew!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 03:39 AM