IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weekend in Boxing: Fully Loaded- FNF, HBO, SHO, Hopkins/Dawson, Sillakh, Malignaggi, HW Contender
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

How fuckin' naive is this ref??? Didn't he see how Evans fell the first time? He almost didn't get up the first time, then he was groggy as hell when he finally got to his feet. Cant believe the ref let that go on...that's how guys get brain damage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

My God! This Montes/Fuentes bout did not fail to impress! They left it ALL in the ring! Im just wonder how in the hell one of the judges scored the first round 10 - 8, when there was no count?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Gotta love Atlas for speaking the truth! Dude doesn't care who loves or hates him...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 27 2012, 11:36 PM) *
Oh damn!!!! My man got KTFO'd!

Well I did say that Sillakh (Teddy said it as well) had to watch out for the right. Grachev should give Sillakh a rematch. He won't and doesn't need to either, but it would be nice if he does.

I'd pick Sillakh in the rematch. He could've made it out of that round if he just kept his left up, or even taken a knee.

WTF!!! That was wild as hell! Damn! That right hand landed, and Sillahk was too damn stupid to take a knee. That last left hand put him out of his misery...

I've seen Atlas lose his shit as a trainer between rounds, but he let loose at the end of this fight as a commentator! Endings like this go to show people that ONE PUNCH can change a fight, whether it happens early or late. Just to think, Sillahk was a 10 -1 favorite...let's not rule out this type of ending in the May 5th fight.

Leave it to a nuthugger...they're already giving Floyd the W next weekend, and any further wins in the future. THIS fight's result is the main reason that I'm giving Cotto a chance on May 5th.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 28 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 28 2012, 03:56 PM) *
Finally watched Hopkins vs Dawson I. In a word: hilarious! Smh. Oh the drama. But it really has me psyched now for the fight tonight. And I couldn't get myself interested in watching the first fight until now, so this is saying a lot!

I'm a fan of Bernard Hopkins, man and fighter (though his style is an ugly masterpiece, his brilliance is undeniable in my book). Chad Dawson on the other hand has been a great disappointment. Soooooo much talent and skill...yet no fire or ring intellect. He's a simple machine. Anyway, I admit my bias, but I don't think X was faking the injury...I do think he could have continued had he been given the choice, however.

Anyway, I'm actually excited now, because with all the back and forth and now legitimate 'bad blood', I think (hope) Dawson comes out aggressive and shows us something new and makes it an exciting fight. My expectation is that Bernard saw and felt all he needed to in those couple rounds to figure out how to nullify Dawson's strengths. So I'm picking X by SD.

Cool.

I'm going with Dawson. As long as he can keep BHop off of him, punish that old body, don't get sloppy with D and it should be a very nice W for Dawson.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 28 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 04:24 PM) *
How fuckin' naive is this ref??? Didn't he see how Evans fell the first time? He almost didn't get up the first time, then he was groggy as hell when he finally got to his feet. Cant believe the ref let that go on...that's how guys get brain damage.

Yup.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 28 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 05:36 PM) *
WTF!!! That was wild as hell! Damn! That right hand landed, and Sillahk was too damn stupid to take a knee. That last left hand put him out of his misery...

I've seen Atlas lose his shit as a trainer between rounds, but he let loose at the end of this fight as a commentator! Endings like this go to show people that ONE PUNCH can change a fight, whether it happens early or late. Just to think, Sillahk was a 10 -1 favorite...let's not rule out this type of ending in the May 5th fight.

Leave it to a nuthugger...they're already giving Floyd the W next weekend, and any further wins in the future. THIS fight's result is the main reason that I'm giving Cotto a chance on May 5th.

I was thinking the same thing about Mayweather/Cotto after Grachev's upset. Up until then he had lost every round.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:22 AM