IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto/Mayweather realistic predictions rd by rds.
Mayweather/Cotto
Result
Mayweather via wide decision [ 8 ] ** [34.78%]
Cotto via wide decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Mayweather via close decision (SD, MD) [ 2 ] ** [8.70%]
Cotto via close decision (SD, MD) [ 1 ] ** [4.35%]
Mayweather TKO [ 11 ] ** [47.83%]
Cotto TKO [ 1 ] ** [4.35%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Controversy (BS judges etc) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
mgrover
post Apr 27 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Yes but realistically thats how the fight will end up, if only Cotto fought Canelo before hand, score cards will probably end up something like 117-113 and 116-114 twice for mayweather am still wondering if i should bother staying in for that fight
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 27 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 27 2012, 01:02 PM) *
You got a point there. But come on, its just an innocent thread trying to see people's opinion.

Oh no, you're good. Believe me, it's not a knock against you or the thread, not complaints there. I was speaking on behalf of what I've been hearing and reading elsewhere about the fight.

I was talking about what I read on other forums, on comment section of articles, on radios shows, and so forth. In that sense, you're straight, I was just speaking about things like, "Cotto is gonna get Gatti'd" "Cotto doesn't stand a chance" "This fight will be a blowout"...just excerpts of some of the garbage that I've been hearing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 27 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Well, I took that Gatti statement down as I realized that it really is a bit too much. (And don't get me wrong I am not comparing Gatti to Cotto and vice versa) I have been reading a ton of comments and articles myself and people really see the fight kind of one-sidedly. Although I am still standing behind my corner stoppage prediction, I can imagine the fight going the distance.... or whatever else the result it may be. And I am 100% sure Cotto will have his moment in the fight, how big we are yet to see.

I am just a really excited fight fan at the moment! Great two weeks of boxing.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 27 2012, 01:53 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 27 2012, 02:08 AM) *
Cotto will be the one mostly coming forward. Floyd will let Cotto lead first, counter him with straight rights and will mostly lead with a left hook and a jab to the body. He will also jab to the head, but it won't be as successful. Floyd will also let Cotto back him to the ropes, to set up the check left hook that he uses to get off the ropes. Cotto will get some hits in (probably lead hooks), everyone hits Floyd, but Cotto doesn't hit hard enough to change this fight in his direction, especially at this weight. It will be a competitive fight altogether, but Cotto will be getting hit at will and will gas out by round 7 to a late stoppage, he doesn't clinch and will stop punching all together. Cotto will NOT be Gatti'd, but will be Bruseles'd except with a later stoppage.

P.S. God I love Cotto's combination setups. Probably the only thing I don't like about Floyd is that he mostly doesn't like to setup relentless combinations.

wow. u are giving cotto absolutely no credit.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 27 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 27 2012, 04:50 AM) *
Maybe I went to far with that Gatti thing now when I think about it. Getting Bruseles'd is much more likely for Cotto. Performance against Gatti was phenomenal and Floyd's approach has changed a bit since then.

I am still saying it will be 10/11th round corner stoppage though.

Gotta say, not even De la Hoya vs. Mayweather had me so pumped ! Really looking forward to this fight.

gatti and bruselles were no where near cotto's level. u guys are way off.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 27 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 27 2012, 01:55 PM) *
gatti and bruselles were no where near cotto's level. u guys are way off.

I am not comparing Cotto to neither of the two. I just can imagine a similar outcome. Come on, am I not clear enough ? How many times do I have to say that I GIVE COTTO A CHANCE and that I AM A FAN OF HIS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 27 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 27 2012, 02:02 PM) *
I am not comparing Cotto to neither of the two. I just can imagine a similar outcome. Come on, am I not clear enough ? How many times do I have to say that I GIVE COTTO A CHANCE and that I AM A FAN OF HIS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

i'm not saying u aren't a fan....but when u say..."Getting Bruseles'd is much more likely for Cotto." u are clearly selling him very very short. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 27 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 27 2012, 03:48 PM) *
i'm not saying u aren't a fan....but when u say..."Getting Bruseles'd is much more likely for Cotto." u are clearly selling him very very short. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Well yeah....getting Bruseles'd is much more likely for Cotto, because getting Gatti'd that's too much (Cotto is too good for that). Actually I think I am cuting him a slack by that statement, man....don't get me wrong. I just think there is a chance it will end up like that...nothing more...'Like I said before' it's one of the possibilities I can imagine.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 27 2012, 04:26 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 27 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

So 10 people have Floyd knocking Miguel out, and Im the only person that believes Cotto can stop Mayweather by TKO? Interesting...

Best believe, no matter how much the media hates Floyd, they wont let him lose this one on the cards, so Miguel has to go for the knockout. The "megafight" is still in the back of everyone's mind, so again, no way in hell they let Cotto walk away the victor in this one...he has to TAKE IT!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 27 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 27 2012, 04:34 PM) *
So 10 people have Floyd knocking Miguel out, and Im the only person that believes Cotto can stop Mayweather by TKO? Interesting...

Best believe, no matter how much the media hates Floyd, they wont let him lose this one on the cards, so Miguel has to go for the knockout. The "megafight" is still in the back of everyone's mind, so again, no way in hell they let Cotto walk away the victor in this one...he has to TAKE IT!

Don't stop believing, man. It would be awesome!!!

Speaking about the media and scorecards, I was surprised as hell when he won split d against Oscar. Rightfully (should have been UD though) but surprisingly! Just a little off topic thought...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 12:55 PM