IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto/Mayweather realistic predictions rd by rds.
Mayweather/Cotto
Result
Mayweather via wide decision [ 8 ] ** [34.78%]
Cotto via wide decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Mayweather via close decision (SD, MD) [ 2 ] ** [8.70%]
Cotto via close decision (SD, MD) [ 1 ] ** [4.35%]
Mayweather TKO [ 11 ] ** [47.83%]
Cotto TKO [ 1 ] ** [4.35%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Controversy (BS judges etc) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Apr 27 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 27 2012, 05:45 PM) *
Don't stop believing, man. It would be awesome!!!

Speaking about the media and scorecards, I was surprised as hell when he won split d against Oscar. Rightfully (should have been UD though) but surprisingly! Just a little off topic thought...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Oscar basically passed the torch after that fight, and it's obvious that Oscar didn't have too many big names to fight after that. I remember him mentioning a Margarito fight, but he shit his pants after Toney buried Miguel.

As for that split decision, they had to make it look interesting...they knew Oscar wouldn't beat Floyd clearly (due to the skill difference), but they weren't going to let Oscar go out like a bitch either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 27 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

You got a point there.
It's terrible to think about how little of boxing is the actual boxing...

Back to the topic at hand, I am surprised so many people see a TKO...When I was creating this thread I thought I would be the only one mad enough to see it happening....

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 27 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 27 2012, 04:34 PM) *
So 10 people have Floyd knocking Miguel out, and Im the only person that believes Cotto can stop Mayweather by TKO? Interesting...

Best believe, no matter how much the media hates Floyd, they wont let him lose this one on the cards, so Miguel has to go for the knockout. The "megafight" is still in the back of everyone's mind, so again, no way in hell they let Cotto walk away the victor in this one...he has to TAKE IT!

i believe that's highly possible.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 27 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #24

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 27 2012, 02:53 PM) *
wow. u are giving cotto absolutely no credit.

More like you think too highly of Cotto. He has too many flaws. Doesn't clinch, gasses out and stops punching when outclassed. Flat-footed, no head movement, average speed. The only things Cotto has going for him is that he has solid boxing skill, and he takes punches decently. Floyd outclasses him in every way. It's going to be a competitive fight because Floyd can't just walk through the guy, but if he lets his hands go, Cotto will be stopped by round 10-12. What I mean by he'll get Bruseles'd is that Floyd will fight this fight similar to how he fought Bruseles because of their similar styles. Bruseles did put up a fight, but was eventually outclassed and stopped, which will happen to Cotto. Cotto won't be brought down by hard body punches, but he'll stop punching and the ref or the corner will stop the fight. People saying Cotto will be Gatti'd are the ones going WAY too far.

This post has been edited by sduck: Apr 27 2012, 07:50 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 27 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 27 2012, 07:48 PM) *
More like you think too highly of Cotto. He has too many flaws. Doesn't clinch, gasses out and stops punching when outclassed. Flat-footed, no head movement, average speed. The only things Cotto has going for him is that he has solid boxing skill, and he takes punches decently. Floyd outclasses him in every way. It's going to be a competitive fight because Floyd can't just walk through the guy, but if he lets his hands go, Cotto will be stopped by round 10-12. What I mean by he'll get Bruseles'd is that Floyd will fight this fight similar to how he fought Bruseles because of their similar styles. Bruseles did put up a fight, but was eventually outclassed and stopped, which will happen to Cotto. Cotto won't be brought down by hard body punches, but he'll stop punching and the ref or the corner will stop the fight. People saying Cotto will be Gatti'd are the ones going WAY too far.

flat footed? no head movement? average speed? doesn't clinch? stops punching when outclassed?

either u don't know what ur watching or u just don't want to give him his credit. i can provide videos that illustrate all the things u accuse him of not doing.

brusselles isn't a fraction of the fighter that cotto is. brusselles couldn't touch floyd. best believe....cotto will put hands on floyd.

+Quote Post
haqtiq
post Apr 27 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #26

Amateur

Member No.: 13,586

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 27 2012, 08:48 PM) *

Whats funny is I was about to say the exact same thing in my own words. Hatton and Cotto were at the Corrales fight, it's etched in Hattons memory and we saw the results. It's etched in Cotto's memory, and we will see the results.

The calibur of fighter is simply different. Mayweather without a doubt is the prime "Roy Jones" of now, fighting guys and making them look like nobody. I cant question Floyd looking bad, he does not have a clear cut history of failure. Cotto does not either, but when odds are stacked he does crumble. History has spoke these words via PPV already.

What can Cotto do aside from have that proverbial "Punchers Chance"? The ONLY thing he has going for him that could change the path of the fight is his uber-jab, and if it works.. FUCK yea Cotto, but do any of us LOGICALLY see Mayweather falling prey to a simple jab? He has like 2-3 counters for it.

Unless Money gets old or something is wrong with him moving up in weight. This is the intro song to Arturo Gatti from Mayweather "Another Ones Bites the Dust".

Thats from a Boxing fan.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 27 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (haqtiq @ Apr 27 2012, 08:04 PM) *
Whats funny is I was about to say the exact same thing in my own words. Hatton and Cotto were at the Corrales fight, it's etched in Hattons memory and we saw the results. It's etched in Cotto's memory, and we will see the results.

The calibur of fighter is simply different. Mayweather without a doubt is the prime "Roy Jones" of now, fighting guys and making them look like nobody. I cant question Floyd looking bad, he does not have a clear cut history of failure. Cotto does not either, but when odds are stacked he does crumble. History has spoke these words via PPV already.

What can Cotto do aside from have that proverbial "Punchers Chance"? The ONLY thing he has going for him that could change the path of the fight is his uber-jab, and if it works.. FUCK yea Cotto, but do any of us LOGICALLY see Mayweather falling prey to a simple jab? He has like 2-3 counters for it.

Unless Money gets old or something is wrong with him moving up in weight. This is the intro song to Arturo Gatti from Mayweather "Another Ones Bites the Dust".

Thats from a Boxing fan.

wow. the only thing floyd and roy have in common is that they are very good at picking opposition they can beat. roy eventually made a wrong pick with tarver. that can very well happen with floyd in this instance. cotto has a lot more than the jab and he's a waaaaaay better fighter than hatton or corrales. NO FIGHTER IS UNBEATABLE.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 27 2012, 08:10 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 27 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #28

Lightweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 27 2012, 09:02 PM) *
flat footed? no head movement? average speed? doesn't clinch? stops punching when outclassed?

either u don't know what ur watching or u just don't want to give him his credit. i can provide videos that illustrate all the things u accuse him of not doing.

brusselles isn't a fraction of the fighter that cotto is. brusselles couldn't touch floyd. best believe....cotto will put hands on floyd.

Cotto is flat-footed. He can move when he needs to, but hes not quick on his feet, and mainly fights positioned. He has no head movement. Every boxer has those moments where they may dodge a punch here and there, or have fodder movement, but he has no solid head movement whatsoever. He isn't slow, but his speed is average. He's not as fast as Floyd's quickest opponents like Judah, Oscar, and Mosley. Uhh, he doesn't clinch. In any of his fights where hes holding, its the other guy initiating it, not him. He didn't willfully clinch with Margarito or Pacquiao, not once. He's only been outclassed by Margarito and Pacquiao so far, Margarito had loaded gloves and Pacquiao drained him 2 pounds, but the evidence shows when hes gassed out and done, he gives up the fight.
Actually Bruseles did hit Floyd numerous times with lead hooks, exactly what I expect Cotto to land (as I had stated that Cotto will land... maybe you missed it). What separates Cotto and Bruseles is that Cotto is a more solid boxer. Their styles are very identical.

QUOTE (haqtiq @ Apr 27 2012, 09:04 PM) *

Thats from a Boxing fan.

I think you mean the Gatti fight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 27 2012, 09:08 PM) *
wow. the only thing floyd and roy have in common is that they are very good at picking opposition they can beat. roy eventually made a wrong pick with tarver. that can very well happen with floyd in this instance. cotto has a lot more than the jab and he's a waaaaaay better fighter than hatton or corrales. NO FIGHTER IS UNBEATABLE.

No fighter is unbeatable, but I don't see anyway Cotto can win this fight. Also, I don't see any fighter in this era that can beat Floyd to be very honest, not until age finally gets to him.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 28 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 27 2012, 07:58 PM) *
I am surprised so many people see a TKO...When I was creating this thread I thought I would be the only one mad enough to see it happening....

I guess we'll see next weekend...

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 27 2012, 08:21 PM) *
i believe that's highly possible.

Thank you...

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 27 2012, 08:48 PM) *
Cotto won't be brought down by hard body punches

Care to explain how many fighters weren't brought down by hard body punches?

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 28 2012, 01:55 AM
Post #30

Lightweight

I don't understand what you mean. I don't think Floyd will KO Cotto with a body shot.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:43 PM