Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seth Mitchel
The Original MrF...
post Apr 28 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

Is it too early to get him together with Chris Arreola? Where should this guy go next. he's exciting, yet very raw. What happens when he fights someone who can negate his power with good defense?? Vitali will simply retreat and circle all while throwing the kitchen sink at him. Mitchel's lack of head movement will make him a sucker for Wlad's impaling jabs, rights and triple hooks. he's not ready for that level yet. Would like to see him against Amir Mansour or Chris Arreola next. Bring him along slowly. I liked the resilience he showed agains Non... I mean Witherspoon.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 28 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

He's not beating Arereola. Thendifference between the two is Chris has power in both hands. I like Seth but I'm not really on the bandwagon yet. The biggest problem I see is he has mediocre defense which is highlighted by his non existent head movement and he telegraphs the right hand. A teenager can see it coming a mile away. Arreola will hurt him and when he does he will finish Seth. They need to keep bringing him along at a steady pace.nhes doing fine but a fight with the top dogs right now will be disastrous for him

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 29 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #3

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 28 2012, 11:45 PM) *
He's not beating Arereola. Thendifference between the two is Chris has power in both hands. I like Seth but I'm not really on the bandwagon yet. The biggest problem I see is he has mediocre defense which is highlighted by his non existent head movement and he telegraphs the right hand. A teenager can see it coming a mile away. Arreola will hurt him and when he does he will finish Seth. They need to keep bringing him along at a steady pace.nhes doing fine but a fight with the top dogs right now will be disastrous for him

I agree. Arreola is battle tested, where as Seth is Chazz-tested. He, Mitchell, needs a few more "tough" fights before even looking at the ring, w/ thoughts of Arreola, much less the K Bros.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Apr 29 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

HBO needs to stop it. They're going so hard with trying to drum up the "next Amwerican heavyweight". They're acting like crackheads over this American thing. Today's heavyweights are tangled up in other sports. They're trying to make something out of Mitchell but it's nothing more than a hypejob right about now. He did weather the storm of rd.1 and I have to respect that but they put him in there with a guy who was there to get knocked out. I hate when the powers that be try to make a fighter look better than he really is by putting fighters in there with guys who came to lose or get knocked out. If they want to impress me, they should put him in with Adamek. See how responds when he's getting his ears boxed off. I know he will crumble as soon as a puncher checks his chin.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Apr 29 2012, 11:02 AM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about something. Why don't pair Seth Mitchell up with the other American heavyweight they're trying to trumpet and drum up. Big Seth said his team is working on something for Sept? Well there's his opponent. Bremaine Stiverne isn't that impressive to me but with heavyweights, one mistake can mean night night. We the people say who the stars are. HBO and it's announce team can't sway me into getting behind a fighter just because he's an American Heavyweight. I know the good folks over on 6th & 42nd would not like to hear this but the american heavyweight era is over.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 29 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #6

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

It was a good fight. I liked the recovery and body work of Mitchell in the second round. And a good referee stoppage for a change.
Plus the after-fight interview was quite good. Mitchell has some class in him. Good guy.

Klitschko's ? Not yet. Arreola ? Maybe after next two similarly difficult fights.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 29 2012, 11:07 AM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 29 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Apr 29 2012, 12:02 PM) *
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about something. Why don't pair Seth Mitchell up with the other American heavyweight they're trying to trumpet and drum up. Big Seth said his team is working on something for Sept? Well there's his opponent. Bremaine Stiverne isn't that impressive to me but with heavyweights, one mistake can mean night night. We the people say who the stars are. HBO and it's announce team can't sway me into getting behind a fighter just because he's an American Heavyweight. I know the good folks over on 6th & 42nd would not like to hear this but the american heavyweight era is over.

Stiverne wasn't that impressive when I saw him. He had many more holes than Mitchel. It would be a decent stepping stone for Mitchel on his climb. From the articles I read about Mansour, I'd love to see this guy on HBO against Mitchel. Mitchel and Adamek is a good bloody war. I don't see it as an easy fight for either guy. Mitchel's size, power and speed coupled with Adamek's tendency to stand fight and take punishment would be an awesome fight to watch.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 29 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I don't think Mitchell can beat the Klitschkos at all even if he gains more experience. You got to be athletic to beat the Klitschkos, I don't think most of these HWs now can beat them, if any. David Haye had a shot, but the dude was fightin scared.

I think Mitchell can definitely take on Arreola. Arreola is a come-forward fighter, likes to bang. That's exactly what Mitchell is built for. It will still be a challenging fight for him, because Arreola is a hard puncher, keeps his hands up, blocks punches. Adamek would be a tough fight for Mitchell. Adamek would try to box this dude, Mitchell didn't look too good in his last fight with Witherspoon in the first round, as long as Mitchell can catch Adamek he can control the fight, but if Adamek keeps the pace, wont be looking good for Mitchell. Mitchell has got a decent career ahead of him, but overall I don't see Mitchell becoming the next Heavyweight Sensation, like lets say Tyson... Not even close.

+Quote Post
hitman
post Apr 29 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

arreola is nothing special. i don't see why mitchell couldn't beat him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 30 2012, 01:47 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

they need to slow their roll with seth mitchell. continue to match him very carefully. he is years away from being ready for the klitschkos. by the time he is...they will be well into retirement. arreolla would destroy him at this point. he did a great job of coming back...but i believe a lot of his flaws have been exposed and they better select his next opponents very carefully.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:47 PM