IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Cotto vs. Mayweather Preview/Prediction Thread With Poll!, Main Event, Undercard, Everything Here-(Topics Merged)
Mayweather vs. Cotto
Who Will Win and How?
Mayweather by Wide Dec [ 9 ] ** [40.91%]
Mayweather by Close Dec [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 7 ] ** [31.82%]
Cotto by Wide Dec [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Cotto by Close Dec [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Cotto by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response.) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
Jack 1000
post Apr 29 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This thread is for all preview comments about the Mayweather-Cotto fight. Does Cotto have a chance to shock the world? Will he make it at least a competititve fight? Or does Floyd win this one, going away? Vote in our poll as well!

***Important: Any discussions of Mayweather-Pacquaio should only go inside of the pinned up thread provided for that fight. Remember this thread is ONLY for preview discussion of all things Mayweather-Cotto, including any pre-fight information and the Mayweather-Cotto undercard***

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 29 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

Floyd by 116-112 and 117-111 twice. Floyd too slick and fast. Cotto too slow and vulnerable to cutting. Cotto might make things interesting early, but after round 4 or so, it is pretty much all Floyd.

Jack

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 29 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

cotto by KO

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 29 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 29 2012, 07:07 PM) *
cotto by KO

That's why you're my dog Hotsauce! As for that article about the tickets, I have no idea how to address that. Lol

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 29 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Lol yall just want Cotto to win, or don't want to be too much on Floyd's nuts... But I change my stance a bit on this fight, or how I had it from the start until I started to sway a bit. I think the first few rounds will be very competitive, then Floyd gonna figure him out later in the fight and shut him down. This is typical of Floyd, most people don't understand how good this dude is. He's a technical boxer, very physically gifted, always thinking, operating like a surgeon. There may be knockdowns, either side, or slips. Cotto is a solid boxer, he's been mainly boxing for most his fights now. Hes starting to clinch a little bit, his foot movement has improved. Not a huge improvement overall, especially in defense. Hes going to have to keep his hands up, establish a jab, try to bully Floyd. He could make it a very competitive fight all the way through, but I don't see him winning the fight. It will most-likely go to a decision. UD for Floyd. Floyd COULD get the TKO if this Cotto gasses out and stops punching later in the fight. Floyd said he was going for the KO, it's unlikely for him to get KOs, even TKOs. If he does, it will be surprising but marginally expected. You know in his two defeats, you can say he was cheated, but evidence shows when Cotto's actually outclassed he gives up the fight. But it will be a good fight, no bullshit, more competitive than Floyd's fight with Mosley. Lets see the results.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 29 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 29 2012, 06:23 PM) *
That's why you're my dog Hotsauce! As for that article about the tickets, I have no idea how to address that. Lol

lol i was waiting on your response

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 29 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #7

The Consultant

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 29 2012, 08:29 PM) *
Lol yall just want Cotto to win, or don't want to be too much on Floyd's nuts... But I change my stance a bit on this fight, or how I had it from the start until I started to sway a bit. I think the first few rounds will be very competitive, then Floyd gonna figure him out later in the fight and shut him down. This is typical of Floyd, most people don't understand how good this dude is. He's a technical boxer, very physically gifted, always thinking, operating like a surgeon. There may be knockdowns, either side, or slips. Cotto is a solid boxer, he's been mainly boxing for most his fights now. Hes starting to clinch a little bit, his foot movement has improved. Not a huge improvement overall, especially in defense. Hes going to have to keep his hands up, establish a jab, try to bully Floyd. He could make it a very competitive fight all the way through, but I don't see him winning the fight. It will most-likely go to a decision. UD for Floyd. Floyd COULD get the TKO if this Cotto gasses out and stops punching later in the fight. Floyd said he was going for the KO, it's unlikely for him to get KOs, even TKOs. If he does, it will be surprising but marginally expected. You know in his two defeats, you can say he was cheated, but evidence shows when Cotto's actually outclassed he gives up the fight. But it will be a good fight, no bullshit, more competitive than Floyd's fight with Mosley. Lets see the results.

Cotto's got the power. He needs to be the bull and bully by roughing up Floyd like Castillo did the first time. But you need more than power to beat Floyd. I think a PRIME Cotto could do it, but not this Cotto. He's too shopworn. If he gasses out late, I agree Floyd could get a TKO. The smart money has to be Floyd by UD.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 30 2012, 09:25 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Alright guys, fight week is upon us! My advice to all fighters on this card...dont do ANY running this week, just use the cycle. Spar with your children, nieces, nephews, whoever...we dont need any injuries this week. Find the biggest pillow that you can, hang it up, and proceed to banging it like a heavy bag...wouldn't want those hands to get hurt. Again, we dont need ANY excitement leading up to the fight, as it's been clear in EVERY sport that injuries usually occur in training.

Mayweather/Cotto:

Ha! I see that Im still the only one that voted for Cotto by TKO. If any body saw FNF this past weekend, then we all know that all it takes is one punch to change or stop a fight.

Im speaking on behalf of the fall of Ismayl Sillakh at the hands of Grachev, when he got caught with a right hand and was finished off in the 8th round, in which Grachev lost virtually every round up to that point. All it takes is one shot, and the overlooked Cotto could be the one to deliver it...Cotto by TKO.

Alvarez/Mosley:

Shane floors the Notre Dame mascot, period. If anything, Shane's fast enough to get to Canelo's chin, and hopefully he's smart enough to not bust his wad after a good shot like he did against Floyd. Alvarez has the power to hurt and stop Shane, but he'll have to play Shane's game to do so.

Mosley isn't the best boxer out there (because he doesn't have a jab and can't stay out of the way of one), but neither is Canelo...survey says, the best of the two "not so good" boxers (Shane) will make Alvarez play into his bullshit and land "the big shot". Hopefully...

Lattimore/Quitana:

Boy...this wont be a walk in the park for Lattimore, who had lost a fight or two not too long ago, and considered quitting the sport. What the fuck is up with these new age fighters?

As I mentioned earlier about Sillakh controlling the fight for 7 to 8 rounds, then getting caught and stopped...same shit happened to Lattimore a couple of months ago on ShowBox...except he survived.

Nunez was a last-minute opponent, who was being bullied around the ring by Deandre, then BOOM!...he catches Lattimore across the top (temple shot) and drops him (in the 9th round I believe). Gladly, it happened at the end of the round, but still, it happened...shit happens.

Vargas/Forbes:

Sigh..who cares about 2-Pounds at this point? He's a great sparring partner, and is still a bit slick in the ring. Problem is, dude has no power...harmless as a baby's ass. He got stopped about a year ago (or close to it), then suffered a NASTY cut on FNF, in which I believe he lost on the cards in that fight.

Vargas has been getting better, and his opponents have been bringing the best out of him. He just needs to control his temper in the ring, and not get tricked into a slugfest with everybody he fights...other than that, he seems to be improving in every fight.

Damn I wish Gomez didn't get hurt, because he definitely would've been a great test for Vargas, as well as helping to solidify this card.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 30 2012, 11:15 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 30 2012, 10:25 AM) *
Alright guys, fight week is upon us! My advice to all fighters on this card...dont do ANY running this week, just use the cycle. Spar with your children, nieces, nephews, whoever...we dont need any injuries this week. Find the biggest pillow that you can, hang it up, and proceed to banging it like a heavy bag...wouldn't want those hands to get hurt. Again, we dont need ANY excitement leading up to the fight, as it's been clear in EVERY sport that injuries usually occur in training.

Mayweather/Cotto:

Ha! I see that Im still the only one that voted for Cotto by TKO. If any body saw FNF this past weekend, then we all know that all it takes is one punch to change or stop a fight.

Im speaking on behalf of the fall of Ismayl Sillakh at the hands of Grachev, when he got caught with a right hand and was finished off in the 8th round, in which Grachev lost virtually every round up to that point. All it takes is one shot, and the overlooked Cotto could be the one to deliver it...Cotto by TKO.

Alvarez/Mosley:

Shane floors the Notre Dame mascot, period. If anything, Shane's fast enough to get to Canelo's chin, and hopefully he's smart enough to not bust his wad after a good shot like he did against Floyd. Alvarez has the power to hurt and stop Shane, but he'll have to play Shane's game to do so.

Mosley isn't the best boxer out there (because he doesn't have a jab and can't stay out of the way of one), but neither is Canelo...survey says, the best of the two "not so good" boxers (Shane) will make Alvarez play into his bullshit and land "the big shot". Hopefully...

Lattimore/Quitana:

Boy...this wont be a walk in the park for Lattimore, who had lost a fight or two not too long ago, and considered quitting the sport. What the fuck is up with these new age fighters?

As I mentioned earlier about Sillakh controlling the fight for 7 to 8 rounds, then getting caught and stopped...same shit happened to Lattimore a couple of months ago on ShowBox...except he survived.

Nunez was a last-minute opponent, who was being bullied around the ring by Deandre, then BOOM!...he catches Lattimore across the top (temple shot) and drops him (in the 9th round I believe). Gladly, it happened at the end of the round, but still, it happened...shit happens.

Vargas/Forbes:

Sigh..who cares about 2-Pounds at this point? He's a great sparring partner, and is still a bit slick in the ring. Problem is, dude has no power...harmless as a baby's ass. He got stopped about a year ago (or close to it), then suffered a NASTY cut on FNF, in which I believe he lost on the cards in that fight.

Vargas has been getting better, and his opponents have been bringing the best out of him. He just needs to control his temper in the ring, and not get tricked into a slugfest with everybody he fights...other than that, he seems to be improving in every fight.

Damn I wish Gomez didn't get hurt, because he definitely would've been a great test for Vargas, as well as helping to solidify this card.

Nice breakdown, C' !

Let me use your pattern.

Mayweather/Cotto

I voted for wide UD in favor of Floyd. The dude is just unpredictable, same as is luck of a punch. Nobody knows how he will fight this time but I am sure Cotto is in for a beating after competitive early rounds. I have changed my opinion as I think UD is more likely and reasonable than a TKO in favor of Floyd, but in my heart I think that Cotto's corner will stop it later on in the fight. The speed...

Love the match-up!! Can't wait to see this fight. For the first time ever, I will be cheering for both guys in the ring!

Alvarez/Mosley

Don't like the hype surrounding Canelo. Don't like Shane's fighting style. All in all, it will be a good fight for sure. I pick Shane by TKO but again, I have a double prediction as I think Canelo will probably outboxes/outguns him to win a decision.

Latimore/Quintana

Don't know much about these guys. But since Latimore used to or still trains (don't know) with Jeff Mayweather, I am picking him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Gotta love Mayweathers. Blind pick!!

Vargas/Forbes

Going with Vargas for sure. As C' pointed out, Forbes is a good sparring partner, but doesn't have the power to really hurt. But who knows...look at how Malignaggi stopped Senchenko. Pigs DO fly!

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Apr 30 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

Mayweather/Cotto

I voted for floyd by KO/TKO, Cotto's chin has been questionable, and alot of people who have fought Floyd have said his punches are alot harder than they look, but who knows.

Im still going out on a limb saying Floyd by a late round KO/TKO

Alvarez/Mosley

If Mosely's still got his speed, its his night IF however he can KO/TKO him, we all know if it goes to the scorecard Canelo has won a wide majority decision.

Latimore/Quintana

Dont know about these guys so im not going to comment.

Vargas/Forbes

Fight will probably look something like Morales/Cano but with alot less blood.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 12:37 AM