IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Cotto vs. Mayweather Preview/Prediction Thread With Poll!, Main Event, Undercard, Everything Here-(Topics Merged)
Mayweather vs. Cotto
Who Will Win and How?
Mayweather by Wide Dec [ 9 ] ** [40.91%]
Mayweather by Close Dec [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 7 ] ** [31.82%]
Cotto by Wide Dec [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Cotto by Close Dec [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Cotto by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response.) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
BigDDatHomey
post Apr 30 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #11

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,802

Mayweather/Cotto

I voted for floyd by KO/TKO. I can see Cotto's eye closing or a cut. TKO/KO Mayweather.

I like Cotto to get a good shot or two in early, but that is all. He will only have a couple of chances...and a couple...meaning two at the most.
I like Cotto....always root for him.

I like the lucky shot C' and one shot can change it all. I just don't see that happening...He's going to have to hit em and KO him. If Floyd gets up and recovers, the fights over. Overhand rights will expose the body to the left hook though. I believe at some point Cotto's jab will get nuetrelized (if that's spelled right)

Alvarez/Mosley

If Mosely's got his speed, its his night....I don't think Canelo is really that good. He's strong but it takes more then strength.

Latimore/Quintana
I like Latimore but really have no clue.

Vargas/Forbes
I'll be taking shots during this one. Let me know how it goes.

[/quote]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Apr 30 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #12

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

Mayweather vs Cotto

Floyd via wide UD. It will be interesting in the beginning but it will be Floyd/Gatti II after the 4th.

Mosley vs Alverez

This fight depends on Shane and what he has to offer. If he can land one of those right hands, he can shock Mexico. If not, it'll be another goofy loss for Shane.

Lattimore/Quintana

I can't call this one but it should be a good one.

Vargas/Forbes

Vargas should be able to get the victory with Forbes making him work for it.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 30 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I have a feeling cotto vs mayweather will resemble, gay la hoya vs mayweather. Mayweather for the clear win but cottos ring savvy and experience keeps it competitive.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 30 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Floyd/Cotto

Floyd over Cotto, to the tune of 116-112 or maybe even 117-111. How well Cotto does, IMO, will depend on two things:

1. If he can come forward all night, effectively. Cotto's best chance is to "stalk" Floyd and make Money uncomfortable. I mean, what other option(s) does he have? Outbox Floyd? Seriously? He has to set up shop in close quarters, but he has to be smart about it. Which leads me to the other determining factor...

2. How much Cotto has in the tank in round 6 and beyond. If Floyd makes Cotto try to outbox him, Cotto is gonna gas and gas something terrible.

I personally don't see how Cotto is gonna TKO Floyd. While Cotto has good power, he hasn't been a "one hitter, quitter" in a looooooooooong time, much less lately. IMO, b/t those wide hooks and plodding style, his face may end up looking like dog food late in the fight.

Canelo/Shane

THe smart money is on Canelo, as all he has to do is survive the first 3 rounds against Shane. That being said, I can see Shane offing ND's "on" switch. I say Canelo 117-111 (and that's being generous)

Lattimore/Quintana

Lattimore my dec., but he better not sleep on Carlos, as he's been known to ruin some of the best laid plans (ask Paul Williams).

Vargas/Forbes

A few years ago (quit a few), I liked Forbes and thought him to be a good fighter (plus, he had a pretty good-lookin' wife when they showed her on the Contender). Vargas puts me to sleep. That being said, he's Floyd's fighter and guess who happens to be headlinin' this show?

Prediction: Vargas by Dec. scores: One hundred-who gives a fuck to One hundred-get the fuck off the tv so the good fights can come on.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Apr 30 2012, 09:03 PM
Post #15

Junior Flyweight

Vargas/Forbes

A few years ago (quit a few), I liked Forbes and thought him to be a good fighter (plus, he had a pretty good-lookin' wife when they showed her on the Contender). Vargas puts me to sleep. That being said, he's Floyd's fighter and guess who happens to be headlinin' this show?

Prediction: Vargas by Dec. scores: One hundred-who gives a fuck to One hundred-get the fuck off the tv so the good fights can come on.
[/quote]

I like the prediction on Vargas fight. I'm going with:

Patron by decision because noone coming to the crib is going to get down with the HenRock.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 1 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 30 2012, 12:15 PM) *
Alvarez/Mosley

Don't like the hype surrounding Canelo. Don't like Shane's fighting style. All in all, it will be a good fight for sure. I pick Shane by TKO but again, I have a double prediction as I think Canelo will probably outboxes/outguns him to win a decision.

I agree...except for the part about Canelo outboxing Shane. If it appears that Shane is being outboxed by a guy who isn't a good boxer, then that's a sure as shit sign that Shane has given up in the fight.

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Apr 30 2012, 03:01 PM) *
Vargas/Forbes
I'll be taking shots during this one. Let me know how it goes.

I'll probably be on my first plate by this time. I'll let my food settle, then I'll be back to binge drinking at the start of Canelo/Mosley.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 30 2012, 09:19 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Holy shit!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 2 2012, 08:18 AM
Post #17

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Gotta say, this is one of the best interviews Floyd has ever given to anyone!! Good job, Fighthype. You did it again!

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 2 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #18

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 2 2012, 09:18 AM) *
Gotta say, this is one of the best interviews Floyd has ever given to anyone!! Good job, Fighthype. You did it again!

Definitely a good video. I can say that I had the opportunity to know Floyd when he lived in Jersey. We were just kids and yes we used to do flips and we had races in street. He was younger than me but he was pretty fast. One day, he even beat up my cousin.....haha....little kid stuff.

That's my dawg. His Jersey fam will always support and show love. Got the opportunity to check him out at his crib about 6 or 7 years ago...he didn't really remember me from childhood, but he still showed love. He took us out, paid for everything. I offered him money and he said, "Don't even worry about that, I ain't even like that man. Get whatever you want, do whatever you want to do. I got it" Then, he took us to the MGM for a white linen party and was even going to let me drive one of his BMW's (I declined). He bought everyone white clothes and sneakers to rock. He showed mad love!! Some of my cousins from Cali came out too and he showed them mad love too. I had way too much fun that weekend.

That's my dude.....the GOAT!

+Quote Post
fightscoreollect...
post May 2 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #19

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,394

on twitter

cotto $8m but will still get ppv money

mayweather purse will be given on thursday

canerlo $1.2m

mosely 650k............i thought he would have been on more

vargas 125k

forbes 40k

latimore 55k

quintana 23k

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post May 3 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #20

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

I already paid good money to watch this on Cinco de Mayo. Feels good to be watching boxing again (what I mean is that Floyd's fighting again so I'm watching again). Its been a while since he last fought.

Well I'm all for Floyd here. But it could be an interesting fight between him and Cotto.
I mean you always get the unexpected. Just like the Ortiz fight, people thought he was gonna give Floyd trouble, but come fight night it was completely opposite. Pacquiao vs Marquez III was also an example of how people were quick to say that Pacquiao was gonna win that fight easily, but the outcome was totally different.

Cotto is looking weak here and all, but come fight night he may have some surprises up his sleeve. Who knows? I still believe Floyd's gonna win, but whether it's gonna be as easy as everyone thought would have to wait and see. It's going to be interesting.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:42 PM