> self managed fighters...
daprofessor
post May 4 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #61

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Thebruntje @ May 4 2012, 12:18 AM) *
You're absolutely right! Cotto does have a solid chance of beating Floyd! There are a few things i 've heard from some boxing fans that still amaze me! For example everytime people debate about the possible outcome of the fight all i hear is this :" Mayweather will beat Cotto because Mayweather is much faster and speed kills..." But people forget most of the time speed can be neutralised by timing, in fact i think a superior boxer relies much more on timing than on speed! They also forget Cotto has already beaten faster fighters ( Judah, Mosley ) and one of Cotto's qualties as a boxer is actually timing! I believe however that Mayweather has a bigger chance of winning, not because of the speed difference but because Mayweather is accurate and has great timing as well!

mechanics and delivery also play an important part in that accuracy. miguel can be wide at times. he'll need to make sure he doesn't go wide too much on floyd or it will spell disaster.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 4 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #62

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I can't agree with either of you guys.. cotto isn't the same. Yes he can box and he has gotten better at it but his pressure fighting has diminished as his chin has been disintegrated. Do you honestly think cotto could take a shot from a guy like ortiz or berto at this stage in his career and beat the ten? Because I honestly can't. He ran and pushed for most of the marg fight and barley got touched yet he was still swelling up fast and he was starting to gas.

I have a lot of respect for cotto and I'm a big fan I've been following him since early in his career but he is not the same fighter he once was. The animal that used to apply pressure and unrelentingly attacked the body and showed some of his boxing skills at the same time is gone. He's gonna need a home run to beat Floyd

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 4 2012, 06:25 PM
Post #63

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 4 2012, 06:37 PM) *
I can't agree with either of you guys.. cotto isn't the same. Yes he can box and he has gotten better at it but his pressure fighting has diminished as his chin has been disintegrated. Do you honestly think cotto could take a shot from a guy like ortiz or berto at this stage in his career and beat the ten? Because I honestly can't. He ran and pushed for most of the marg fight and barley got touched yet he was still swelling up fast and he was starting to gas.

I have a lot of respect for cotto and I'm a big fan I've been following him since early in his career but he is not the same fighter he once was. The animal that used to apply pressure and unrelentingly attacked the body and showed some of his boxing skills at the same time is gone. He's gonna need a home run to beat Floyd

we'll agree to disagree because i feel that he is the best he's ever been at this point. i have not seen him hurt at 154. at 147 he was getting rocked....but he's always had the composure and awareness to take a knee...or give lateral movement when he was seriously hurt. the guy knows how to survive. floyd doesn't bring the pressure that margarito does with a big body and heavy hands. i also don't believe he packs the same punch as pacquiao. he doesn't force the exchanges like him either. floyd paces himself and fights in spots. that's what cotto prefers. it's the pressure that has made him wither. floyd is NOT a pressure fighter. the few times he has tried to pressure anyone with skill he got rocked. *see corley and judah. sure cotto is shop worn...there's no doubt. but he's been increasing his skills and confidence over the last 3 years. i don't believe he's forgotten how to walk down and pressure fighters. it's been a while since he's faced and opponent small enough that he can do that to. let's not forget....cotto is undefeated against undefeated fighters. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2012, 01:50 AM
Post #64

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 3 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Professor...I did enjoy your post and more importantly, I love the conspiracy theorist in you (no homo). However, in this situation, I don't see how Floyd overlooks anyone, much less a fighter of Cotto's magnitude.

IMO, Cotto's gas tank will be a MAJOR factor in determining where this fight goes. I'm tellin' you, if he gets winded........**enter Sandman w/ the "hook"**

sandman got the night off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) came close in that last round though.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:00 AM