> self managed fighters...
mitukczuk
post May 2 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 2 2012, 01:07 PM) *
Mate??? Mate?! Oh God! Two questions...Where are you from (Im guessing somewhere in the UK)? Second...good Lord! What time is it over there? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Man I wish I was from the UK. My English would be much better if I really was British. Unfortunately I am not. I am from Czech republic (Even I don't know where it is, don't worry about it) but I currently study in the UK so good guess after all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

It's 8:30 pm btw!

And let me put it this way - I give Cotto a shot, but I believe Floyd's 'tad bit' superior skills will make the difference - No matter what he says, how he acts or what happens during the pre-fight hype!

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 2 2012, 02:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 2 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #32

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2012, 02:19 PM) *
yeah..he did say that. but he hardly mentioned the guys name afterwards. he's showing cotto waaay more respect than any previous opponent. when have u ever heard mayweather say he is willing to die in the ring? if anything, he's said the complete opposite. when has he ever given a compliment like "he's a silent killer" ? i cannot recall anything like that before a fight. i may be wrong. i'll agree to disagree. again...it's all speculation and harmless.

for the record...my original pick was floyd by decision, but i've always felt this was going to be the toughest fight of floyds career. i've seen too much to ignore which is a huge part of the reason i am now switching my pick. 60% of the time...i get it right all of the time! i know it works because it has real panther bits. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He showed Augustus, Hernandez and Marquez a lot of respect too.

You get huge points in my book for the Brian Fantana reference lmaooooooo

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 2 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 2 2012, 06:39 PM) *
Nah, I could just tell that he was frustrated with the Pacquiao questions, and I believe that this rant came at a bad time. Maybe, maybe not, but it would be cool if he just focused on Miguel in the meantime.

Anyway, this may bits and pieces from videos posted on the front page, but I wouldn't know since I haven't watched them in full. Here it is though...

in the video he keeps going on about his health and his health and blatantly accusing pac of using PEDs, that's not the problem it's the fact that he thinks Pac could hurt him, whys he all of a sudden so worried about his health? Say Pac wasn't on anything and it was proved and he was steamrolling guys, wouldn't it seem Mayweather is very wary of his power, he kept going on as if he got in the ring with Pac and there was no extra testing something terrible would happen.

Maybe it's just me...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 2 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 2 2012, 02:57 PM) *
He showed Augustus, Hernandez and Marquez a lot of respect too.

You get huge points in my book for the Brian Fantana reference lmaooooooo

he showed augustus respect after the fact...i agree. don't recall prefight. i don't remember lead up to the fight with famoso either. marquez....yeah. now that u mention it....it may be about the language barrier as someone else suggested.

that is a classic!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 2 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 2 2012, 03:52 PM) *
in the video he keeps going on about his health and his health and blatantly accusing pac of using PEDs, that's not the problem it's the fact that he thinks Pac could hurt him, whys he all of a sudden so worried about his health? Say Pac wasn't on anything and it was proved and he was steamrolling guys, wouldn't it seem Mayweather is very wary of his power, he kept going on as if he got in the ring with Pac and there was no extra testing something terrible would happen.

Maybe it's just me...

no, it's not just u. he probably doesn't mean it that way....but that's what it sounds like. that's why he needs a pr person. he's making pac sound like a some unbeatable beast. i don't see it that way. i think he's very beatable...even if he was on p.e.d's. i'm not as impressed as everyone else with his run when u consider all the facts.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 2 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

i know how he beat a lot of his opponents i mean the stipulations, wether it was a catchweight or a damaged fighter like Hatton, and he is very beatable, but i see more chance for Bradley to win, with all the stuff going on that he's not training properly etc etc.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 2 2012, 05:16 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 2 2012, 04:04 PM) *
i know how he beat a lot of his opponents i mean the stipulations, wether it was a catchweight or a damaged fighter like Hatton, and he is very beatable, but i see more chance for Bradley to win, with all the stuff going on that he's not training properly etc etc.

i'm looking at it from a technical standpoint as well. i think bradley has the skillset to give him more than a run for his money.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post May 2 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #38

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Totally agree with Floyd needing some better PR advice or something. Seems to me that Roger and Floyd Snr have heavily influenced Floyd's rationale on Manny's recent success and achievements... That's the impression I get anyway, those 2 out of everyone hold the most authority on the actual fighting part of boxing in Floyd's mind- I'd imagine... Personally, I think Snr's view from Hatton's corner of THAT bang caused Snr buy into the hype of the "Pac-monster". He decided that Manny's seemingly dramatic improvement wasn't natural and concluded he must be on something to come from such a low weight, losses and draws to putting the smack down on ODLH and Hatton.

That viewpoint seems to have fully permeated the Mayweather camp. Thing is, as DaProf was saying, Manny's "impressive" run when analysed can be attributed way more to smart opponent selection, favourable catchweights, and dubious in-house fights *cough* Clottey *cough* than any kind of PED enchanced superhuman abilities. I mean, dude is clearly beatable, so if he's on PEDS he needs some more. If you doubt that, just watch his last fight. So Floyd and his camp's continued insistence that Manny's juicing just straight up sounds like fear now. Which to me is inexplicable, couple that with the statements he's making about his future health and welfare, well that is just ammo for the Pactard faithful really... Someone needs to tell him, like for real. Manny might be on PEDS, but that doesn't seem to be the determining factor in his wins.

As for this whole "forced into the Cotto fight" topic you guys are discussing... Wasn't the Mosely fight "forced" on Floyd? I mean that only came about because Manny left Floyd with no dance partner and Shane became available via earthquake. If anyone was gonna be Floyd's "tarver moment", it was Shane imo. The fact it nearly happened in the 2nd round convinces me further. I mean, dude KO'd mr unKO-able Margacheato so we knew he had the punch. Everything just seemed like it was all perfectly aligned for Mayweather to lose that 0... Then he just did what he does and dealt with it... I've always maintained that if anyone's gonna spark Floyd it's gonna be with a over hand right. Only punch I've seen land consistently (well as consistent as it gets with him) by fighters when he mis-times the shoulder roll. Now Shane carried power in that particular punch, so I was mad nervous when that match up was made. I just don't feel that with Cotto, his right aint doing much imo. Of course, this is boxing, you never know.. Miguel might catch him slipping and just body him... However I'm expecting a fairly dominant performance from Floyd on Sat, I went for TKO victory in the Poll?!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 2 2012, 05:42 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Slumpage @ May 2 2012, 05:27 PM) *
Totally agree with Floyd needing some better PR advice or something. Seems to me that Roger and Floyd Snr have heavily influenced Floyd's rationale on Manny's recent success and achievements... That's the impression I get anyway, those 2 out of everyone hold the most authority on the actual fighting part of boxing in Floyd's mind- I'd imagine... Personally, I think Snr's view from Hatton's corner of THAT bang caused Snr buy into the hype of the "Pac-monster". He decided that Manny's seemingly dramatic improvement wasn't natural and concluded he must be on something to come from such a low weight, losses and draws to putting the smack down on ODLH and Hatton.

That viewpoint seems to have fully permeated the Mayweather camp. Thing is, as DaProf was saying, Manny's "impressive" run when analysed can be attributed way more to smart opponent selection, favourable catchweights, and dubious in-house fights *cough* Clottey *cough* than any kind of PED enchanced superhuman abilities. I mean, dude is clearly beatable, so if he's on PEDS he needs some more. If you doubt that, just watch his last fight. So Floyd and his camp's continued insistence that Manny's juicing just straight up sounds like fear now. Which to me is inexplicable, couple that with the statements he's making about his future health and welfare, well that is just ammo for the Pactard faithful really... Someone needs to tell him, like for real. Manny might be on PEDS, but that doesn't seem to be the determining factor in his wins.

As for this whole "forced into the Cotto fight" topic you guys are discussing... Wasn't the Mosely fight "forced" on Floyd? I mean that only came about because Manny left Floyd with no dance partner and Shane became available via earthquake. If anyone was gonna be Floyd's "tarver moment", it was Shane imo. The fact it nearly happened in the 2nd round convinces me further. I mean, dude KO'd mr unKO-able Margacheato so we knew he had the punch. Everything just seemed like it was all perfectly aligned for Mayweather to lose that 0... Then he just did what he does and dealt with it... I've always maintained that if anyone's gonna spark Floyd it's gonna be with a over hand right. Only punch I've seen land consistently (well as consistent as it gets with him) by fighters when he mis-times the shoulder roll. Now Shane carried power in that particular punch, so I was mad nervous when that match up was made. I just don't feel that with Cotto, his right aint doing much imo. Of course, this is boxing, you never know.. Miguel might catch him slipping and just body him... However I'm expecting a fairly dominant performance from Floyd on Sat, I went for TKO victory in the Poll?!

u could include shanes fight on that "forced" thing...but i never really thought shane had a chance because he's never had a jab. plus he always loses to superior boxers...ie....forrest, winky, cotto. that's not to say he didn't have a chance at all. i thought if it was going to happen it had to be a big shot early. i called his victory over margarito as well. i knew that the cotto fight took a lot out of margarito and that shane would finish what cotto started. i didn't think it would be as one sided as it was though.

cotto...it's a different scenario. i agree his right hand isn't as good as shanes but it is very respectable. he brings a bunch of different things to the table than shane. for one...he can fight going backwards. he's also very good at setting up shots and creating openings...especially to the body. and last...he's a pretty good counter puncher himself. i think cotto has a much better chance of pulling off the upset than mosley had. we'll find out this weekend.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 2 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #40

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

End of the day, scared or not, if you are fighting someone n risking ur life, its needs to be certain that everyone is on equsl playing terms. Barry Bonds n Roger Clemons juicing only effects the record books. Boxing is totally different. Even if Floyd wipes the floor with Manny, he could suffer a serious injury. End of the day, ppl think Cotto got redemption with Magarito but in reality only his fans did. Cotto may have avenged the lost but Magarito is still making money while Lord knows what long term effects Cotto will end up with. Furthermore, you guys do realize its Floyds lack of a filter that sells PPVs right? The real problem is the media has tons of this footage, but they pussy out when it comes to asking Manny tough questions. Nobody says, hey how cone Arum bitched about an outdoor stadium but you are fighting in the same, exact venue for less money in June?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 09:00 AM