Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fight Party Pet Peeves
Cshel86
post May 3 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Man, you guys JUST DONT KNOW how hard Im laughing right now! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Franchize, that list was damn near priceless! Flazi, seriously man, the "expert" in the room, usually knows the least, but he wouldn't know how clueless he was unless somebody called him out...sorta reminds me of Allmenj...sigh...well, yall the rest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

MG, Im with you all the way on being home alone watching a fight, or at least having my brother here. There are VERY FEW people that I watch boxing with, and the regulars here who come for fun, already know the drill.

I dont know about you all, but I watch fights at home, RARELY do I go to bars and watch them anymore, let alone someone else's house. The last fight I went out to watch, was Hopkins/RJJ II...do you really need a reason why? LOL

Check out this post from a while back...

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 29 2011, 07:24 PM) *
I know this young guy that lives next to me, who grew up in Florida and claims that he went to "Roy Jones Boxing Academy" a while back. He went out of his way to make sure that he repeated it at least 5 more times during several conversations that we had, pertaining to boxing.

I remember a few months ago, he was at my house and I was watching Mayweather/Hatton...then came the 10th round TKO. Michael Buffer announces that Mayweather won by TKO victory, then the guy asked me, "Ay man, what is a TKO"? Really man?! For a guy that attended "Roy Jones Boxing Academy", you would think he knew what a TKO was.

Then yesterday, he stopped by the house, and of course, he asked me did I see the fight (Mayweather/Ortiz). I said yes and also mentioned that I recorded it, so we watched it. Before it even came on, he said, "Aw man, I cant wait to see what Roy Jones did to Artiz". (yes, he said Roy Jones and Artiz). He grinded my gears with questions and statements such as:

"Aw man, bruh got 50 Cent in there wit 'em"!
"I heard Floyd knocked him down like 3 times".
"Why is the referee counting for him? I thought when they get knocked down, the fight is supposed to be over."

"I wanted Mayweather to lose, he's the best fighter out there, but Im one of his haters" (he was smiling when he said this shit).

I was through! Everything else that he said was inaudible from that point on, because I couldn't believe my ears. Mind you, these are questions and comments from somebody who attended "Roy Jones Boxing Academy", so you be the judge.

Name any and every question/comment from somebody that watched a fight with you...and almost made you point them to the door. Have at it! Oh yeah...somebody look up that "Roy Jones Boxing Academy" for me and let me know. I know Roy Jones Sr. had a gym, but thats all I know.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 4 2012, 08:08 AM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 3 2012, 08:01 PM) *
Man, you guys JUST DONT KNOW how hard Im laughing right now! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Franchize, that list was damn near priceless! Flazi, seriously man, the "expert" in the room, usually knows the least, but he wouldn't know how clueless he was unless somebody called him out...sorta reminds me of Allmenj...sigh...well, yall the rest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

MG, Im with you all the way on being home alone watching a fight, or at least having my brother here. There are VERY FEW people that I watch boxing with, and the regulars here who come for fun, already know the drill.

I dont know about you all, but I watch fights at home, RARELY do I go to bars and watch them anymore, let alone someone else's house. The last fight I went out to watch, was Hopkins/RJJ II...do you really need a reason why? LOL

Check out this post from a while back...

I've only watched one fight in a bar and it was the worst fight possible giving the setting. I was in some pub in Manhattan, full of Mcs and Macs, and I watched Roy Jones Jr vs Calzaghe. I remember getting suped hyped when he knocked Calzaghe down but then he proceeded to damn near quit. Those guys were going crazy in there and I felt like a hooker in church. Awwwwkwaaarrdd!

BTW, I literally laughed out loud when I read your "Roy Jones Academy" story. "What's a TKO?"

For the record, there is no Roy Jones Boxing academy. Roy Jones Sr has a "Roy Jones Sr Boxing Club."

To add to my list, I hate that dude (usually the fat guy who thinks "its all muscle") that thinks he can compete with the fighters. I have a cousin that says shit like "man I could whoop one of these dudes ass. I been in Rykers before." AND? You got your ass whooped in Rykers before too. Calling home every damn week like a bitch lol

+Quote Post
wolterb
post May 4 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #23

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

^ the big party fowl is the dude who thinks he can whoop the boxers on television. i completely agree

+Quote Post
flazi
post May 4 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #24

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

shel, i remember lmao at that post. roy jones academy lol.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 4 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I also hate the guy who shows up mid fight and wants an in depth recap of what's happened so far while the fight is still going on.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 5 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

The pet peeve of my fight party so far today...people that KEEP calling and texting, asking..."What time do I need to be there?" Seriously, I sent the mass text last week, and yet, the same question keeps getting asked. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

Motherfuckers are just trying to show up "fashionably late"...#blackfolks

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 5 2012, 06:00 PM
Post #27

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

When people show up with their woman, ranging from girlfriends, wives, EX's who have no interest in boxing because it's a 'Night out for their family." And you got 20 people in one room. Three care about the fight, and the other 17 just won't STFU!

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 5 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #28

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 3 2012, 02:33 PM) *
#1 When motherfuckers bring their kids or girls who are squeamish.
Nothing worse then some bad ass BeBes kids running around or a girl screaming to the top of her lungs, complaining about the gore inside the ring.I also hate kids around because I like curse... a lot.. during fights. I ain't censoring shit!

#2 (Is happening way too often as of lat and the reason why I'll be watching May/Cotto at my house) Motherfuckers who complain about the undercard. (especially if I bought the fight) There's always that one dude who wantsto change the channel and do a bunch of shit until the bell of the main event. Dammit it's a FIGHT PARTY. I'm not trying to watch BET until the fighters throw the 1st punch.

#3 Dudes that show up with liquor and take it home. This is so tacky, but every black person knows someone who does this regularly. If you show up with a case of beer or something, leave the shit their man. Don't be cheap.

#4 Your liquor should be coordinate with the number of people you brought . Don't come with 12 people and a 6 pack. I will make you share that shit.

#5 (Another HUGE pet peeve). Don't show up with just ice or the cheapest beer you can find and try to drink all my top shelf shit. I have on friend who does that all the time. MF shows up with a 6 pack of Shlitz and wanna drink all of the Grey Goose and Moet. I don't mind Millers. It's regarded as the Champagne of beers lol But Schilitz is the piss of beers.

#6 Problems with the TV. If you aint 30' or better or you don't have HD at this point, don't have a fight party. If I wanted to watch it one some little ass fuzzy screen, I would have streamed it or snuck into some college chick's dorm.

#7 The dude that doesn't know shit about boxing that keeps commenting like he does. He usually thinks that Larry Merchant's card is the official score card and he think the person who's winning automatically the guy throwing the most punches.

#8 The dude who's nuts are still in his girl's handbag. Don't tell me to shush, turn down my TV or talk duing the fight. I can't stand the motherfucker that wanna Love Jones in the corner with his girl. Handle that shit in the car before you come in.

CLASSIC!!!!! GREAT POST!!!!

Jack

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 5 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #29

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

No fight party for me tonight, streaming with myself

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 5 2012, 09:49 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

My dad is in here yelling like a casual fan, smh. He's boxed before, but damn, just sit down somewhere and stop yelling like a casual fan.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 07:56 AM