> Fight Party Pet Peeves
Cshel86
post Jun 8 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #61

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 8 2012, 01:21 PM) *
i'll be watching with other die hards. fuck the nba. i'll catch the highlights afterwards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thank you! That's what ESPN is for...repetitive highlights and a bunch of shit scrolling across the screen to make you feel even more like a retard. I do like ESPN though...I'll sit there and watch the same shit a million times, as if I didn't just watch it earlier.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 10 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #62

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Okay guys, thankfully, the basketball nuthuggers decided not to come. Good! The funny part is, they were texting me, asking who was winning the fight...BIG pet peeve. Needless to say, they never got a response. Oh course I gave them "Man, I was soooo fucked up last night" text...the next morning of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2012, 12:59 PM
Post #63

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2012, 10:00 PM) *
Thank you! That's what ESPN is for...repetitive highlights and a bunch of shit scrolling across the screen to make you feel even more like a retard. I do like ESPN though...I'll sit there and watch the same shit a million times, as if I didn't just watch it earlier.

i was enjoying a beautiful night of boxing...when all of a sudden....minutes before the pac/bradley fight was to begin...a crowd of casual pac fans invaded. i was stuck!!! there was nothing i could do!!! i tried to think of a way out...maybe i could go somewhere else and watch last minute? that would take at least 30 minutes of driving so it was out of the question. i ended staying put. as the fight began someone asked my opinion on who was winning...and i said i thought bradley won the first two rounds and all hell broke loose! "aaaawww u don't know what you're talking about!!!" and "you must be a floyd mayweather fan!!!" and a few other disheartening remarks that let me know i made the wrong decision on where to watch the fight. wtf!?!?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i had a bit too much to drink and gave into group think. i thought pac won initially. i had to rewatch the fight without all the outside influences before i realized the fight was a lot closer than everyone thought. i'm going back to watching the fights alone.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 11 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #64

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 11 2012, 01:59 PM) *
i was enjoying a beautiful night of boxing...when all of a sudden....minutes before the pac/bradley fight was to begin...a crowd of casual pac fans invaded. i was stuck!!! there was nothing i could do!!! i tried to think of a way out...maybe i could go somewhere else and watch last minute? that would take at least 30 minutes of driving so it was out of the question. i ended staying put. as the fight began someone asked my opinion on who was winning...and i said i thought bradley won the first two rounds and all hell broke loose! "aaaawww u don't know what you're talking about!!!" and "you must be a floyd mayweather fan!!!" and a few other disheartening remarks that let me know i made the wrong decision on where to watch the fight. wtf!?!?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i had a bit too much to drink and gave into group think. i thought pac won initially. i had to rewatch the fight without all the outside influences before i realized the fight was a lot closer than everyone thought. i'm going back to watching the fights alone.

Your opinion of who won aside, how did you like that fight? It was BORING lmao It was like watching an after school chick fight with 2 HS girls. I've never seen so many missed punches in my life. It was like watching Whitaker's defense vs Mayorga's offense.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 11 2012, 04:14 PM) *
Your opinion of who won aside, how did you like that fight? It was BORING lmao It was like watching an after school chick fight with 2 HS girls. I've never seen so many missed punches in my life. It was like watching Whitaker's defense vs Mayorga's offense.

i enjoyed the defense displayed by both....but the offense left a lot to be desired. i also enjoyed the little subtleties that i think most miss. bradley continously stepping to the left and pivoting to avoid pacs attacks...which i thought kept him out of harms way most of the night. i enjoyed calling things right in real time....and watching the slow mo replay where punches weren't landing when my friends swore up and down they did. it really takes a trained eye to see all of this.

guys like dan rafael....jim lampley and others have absolutely no fucking clue. they don't understand what they are seeing. i wish manny steward had more of a backbone and didn't bow down anytime lampley stated anything opposite of what he said. that's why i miss big george and roy.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 11 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #66

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I was at my boy's house and he kept switching back and forth to the game. Didn't piss me off until the Mike Jones fight came on and we missed most of it.

New pet peeve is going over someone's house with a bitch for a GF. His baby momz literally was calling upstairs him every 5 seconds mid conversation. Then she went off on him about not making her a plate of wings. Mind you, I bought the food. She also tried to pull the "turn the TV down because the baby is tryna sleep" card but he woke up anyway. Then she was baby sitting her nephew and this lil nikka ran through the room across the tv in his superhero briefs, chest nekked. My and my other friend was like WTF just happened lmao.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2012, 04:44 PM
Post #67

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 11 2012, 04:55 PM) *
I was at my boy's house and he kept switching back and forth to the game. Didn't piss me off until the Mike Jones fight came on and we missed most of it.

New pet peeve is going over someone's house with a bitch for a GF. His baby momz literally was calling upstairs him every 5 seconds mid conversation. Then she went off on him about not making her a plate of wings. Mind you, I bought the food. She also tried to pull the "turn the TV down because the baby is tryna sleep" card but he woke up anyway. Then she was baby sitting her nephew and this lil nikka ran through the room across the tv in his superhero briefs, chest nekked. My and my other friend was like WTF just happened lmao.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jun 11 2012, 07:26 PM
Post #68

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

As an unabashed sports fan, I LOVED the fact the fight was delayed to accommodate the b-ball fans (let's be real, Arum wanted as many PPVs as possible). I'm a huge basketball fan, as well as boxing and college football. This was Heaven for me.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 11 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #69

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 11 2012, 01:59 PM) *

I HATE that shit! NOTHING trumps boxing around here...ESPECIALLY if I pay for it. I had another tab open on my computer as I checked out the score for the game, but NO WAY IN HELL, I was going to be flipping back and forth. LOol.

It's almost like Game 7 was the nightclub and Pac vs Bradley was the Waffle House afterwards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Im tellin you Professor...I wasn't trying to hear SHIT from a casual fan or a fan that just came off of a basketball high, sorry. The usual rule when you're coming down from a high...either smoke again, or sit your ass down somewhere...either one's fine with me.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 11 2012, 04:55 PM) *

You're a good one, I cant do the whole ADHD flipping back and forth stuff. My dad came over to watch the fight, and Im glad I set the rules before he came over. It used to be a motherfucker trying to watch TV with him back in the day...dude used to flip back and forth, and miss a bunch of shit.

I dont know what's worse, sharing the television with him, or riding in the car with him while he randomly flips through radio station. He would do it on cue EVERY time, it's almost like he waited for the fuckin' beat to drop, then he'd change the station. That's like like getting a chick hot and ready, getting her panties off, then she punks out and changes her fuckin' mind at the last second.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 11 2012, 08:26 PM) *
As an unabashed sports fan, I LOVED the fact the fight was delayed to accommodate the b-ball fans (let's be real, Arum wanted as many PPVs as possible). I'm a huge basketball fan, as well as boxing and college football. This was Heaven for me.

That's the bes decision that Bob had made in a while, THEN came the scorecards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Bradley actually took those last rounds, but Bob did what I just posted above...you had the hot chick with her panties off and you think it's "a go", then she flips the script. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 12 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #70

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2012, 11:39 PM) *
I HATE that shit! NOTHING trumps boxing around here...ESPECIALLY if I pay for it. I had another tab open on my computer as I checked out the score for the game, but NO WAY IN HELL, I was going to be flipping back and forth. LOol.

It's almost like Game 7 was the nightclub and Pac vs Bradley was the Waffle House afterwards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Im tellin you Professor...I wasn't trying to hear SHIT from a casual fan or a fan that just came off of a basketball high, sorry. The usual rule when you're coming down from a high...either smoke again, or sit your ass down somewhere...either one's fine with me.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) true.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 01:40 PM