IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mosley-type Lightweight or WBC Puppet???, Will we see Devon vs the invisible guy soon?
Cshel86
post May 3 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.boxingscene.com/robert-guerrero...ormation--52450

Sigh...okay, here comes more Guerrero talk people. Of course we all know that he fights Selcuk Aydin in a couple of months for the INTERIM WBC WELTERWEIGHT TITLE...really?

We saw Devon beat Maidana a couple of months ago, and he (Devon) was ranked #2...though ht never fought at WW. Still laughing? NOW, Mr. Guerrero will be fighting for the interim title (since Im guessing that Floyd vacated), which raises a few questions...

1. Is Guerrero truly a big LW like Shane was, or does he only believe it? For those that watch Mayweather and Mayweather only, and forget that boxing is a sport and just not one person....Shane jumped from LW to WW (2 weight classes that is) to fight Oscar.

2. Is the WBC making him one of their puppets by setting up these matches for title shots in favor of Hispanic fighters? The same was done for Chavez and Alvarez about a year ago.

3. Will he up end fighting Alexander, who's the #2 ranked contender, or will Devon get put on the backburner so Guerrero can be "made" champion? (Of course this is in the event that Robert gets past Aydin in July). Robert fights in July and Devon fights in August, they're both GB fighters, so this one could easily be made).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 3 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I hope he has to take the longest route possible to get a legit "exposure" fight. He talked like he was so much above Paulie yet if Paulie and Guerrero were on TV at the same time, I'm pretty sure most people would rather watch him, poor punching power and all. Guerrero is a celebrity in his own mind... and in nobody else's.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 3 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I one thought WBC is "the one to have", but not anymore. Even Floyd, who I have never seen with the WBA belt (refused Mosley's) is going for it. Given that he was all about that green belt it has to mean something. I am leaning towards Guerrero being a puppet rather than Mosley-type LTW.

Can't stand the guy...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 3 2012, 06:46 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 3 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

just no to him.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 3 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 3 2012, 04:03 PM) *
I'm pretty sure most people would rather watch him, poor punching power and all. Guerrero is a celebrity in his own mind... and in nobody else's.

That's the best way to put it, his delusion has gotten the best of him. NOBODY knows who the hell Guerrero is, but some may know Paulie. If you refer to him as the guy who acts gay and has an annoying ass high-pitched voice, with no punching power...then you'd be right on the money with that refresher.

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 3 2012, 04:34 PM) *
Even Floyd, who I have never seen with the WBA belt (refused Mosley's) is going for it.

Going for it???
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/MayweatherCottoFinalPC_Hoganphotos3.jpg)
Doesn't look too happy holding it. Ever seen the look on a baby's face when they stand up and poop in their diaper? That's the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw this pic.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 3 2012, 07:43 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) @
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 3 2012, 07:20 PM) *
Doesn't look too happy holding it. Ever seen the look on a baby's face when they stand up and poop in their diaper? That's the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw this pic.

Poor choice of words on my part. Just the fact he is willing to pay for the WBA champ fees is surprising as he refused to pay them before the Mosley fight. He is not exactly 'going for it' , but hey...I bet you know what I mean, C' .
I was just making a point about WBC's credibility. Not that it has to do with Floyd a whole lot, but it MAY be the aftermath of WBC going down the crapper. It certainly provokes some thinking...

I'm getting tired of putting/seeing Floyd into/in every even remotely relevant topic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Hell, he can be associated with almost everything that goes on in the sport...

2 days to go !!!

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 3 2012, 07:44 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 3 2012, 08:52 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 3 2012, 08:43 PM) *
I was just making a point about WBC's credibility.

Gotcha Mit! The WBC used to have some credibility, but as you said (and Im sure we all agree), those titles dont hold much weight nowadays. It did used to be all about the green (belt), now its ALL about green (money).

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post May 5 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 3 2012, 01:19 PM) *
[b]1. Is Guerrero truly a big LW like Shane was, or does he only believe it? For those that watch Mayweather and Mayweather only, and forget that boxing is a sport and just not one person....Shane jumped from LW to WW (2 weight classes that is) to fight Oscar.[/b]

LOL!!!! That's gonna narrow down your target audience a bit, don't ya think?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 5 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 5 2012, 08:33 AM) *
LOL!!!! That's gonna narrow down your target audience a bit, don't ya think?

Ha! Im sure you're referring to the sentence following the bold. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spiteful.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:19 PM