IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> manny stewards take on things..., interesting.
daprofessor
post May 6 2012, 01:35 AM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 01:31 PM) *
Like Cheesey said, anytime a trainer speaks, it's hard to ignore or blow off. I was listening to Jeff Mayweather on the FH radio show earlier this week, and this dude will have you drunk listening to him talk boxing...that's how deep his knowledge is.

As for Steward, he usually makes decent predictions when he's not live on HBO. While on HBO, he makes a prediction before the fight, which is substantial compared to Merchant's one-lane-highway analogies, and Lampley's general overview.

Steward then ends up blunting his own prediction, but jumping ship when the pace of the fight changes...and pulls his 4AM prediction out of his back pocket. "Oh there it goes, there it goes. I could tell by the way he walked to the ring, that he was gonna get caught with that punch."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 6 2012, 01:36 AM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 5 2012, 06:51 PM) *
Key to Cotto being successful is his jab IMO. He has one of the better jabs in boxing. If he puts it in the holster and expects to bully his way in, hes going out like Ricky Hatton. Probably worse because he isnt as relentless as Hatton was even though he is obviously better.

still don't get the ricky hatton comparisons. i think cotto proven that he's a much more intelligent fighter than hatton ever was.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: May 7 2012, 06:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:58 AM